Trailer Trash

Catching up Thursday (Read 24 times)

runtraildc

Ok,  I'll get us started. It's 'catching up' day to catch up with the injured, not running or just shy lurkers out there.  If only for today, jump on in and say 'hello' and catch up if you've been awol (or nice to meet you all if you are new).

Ended up with a little over 6 last night.  Ran with the running group so I got a push to run faster and run hills.  It was a great run.   Today is yoga, which my legs and hips are telling me I really need.  I'll get a short jog in somewhere to keep the streak going.

qotd:  It's October 1, so it feels like fall.  What is the best thing about fall for you?  Me, it's apples.   We cannot get enough fresh picked apples in my house.  And the cooler weather, of course.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Took a zero day yesterday.  I will hopefully get in a few tonight. Looks like the craptastic weather for the weekend might alter some running plans. We'll see I guess.

Jonferg - where you at?? James? Bueller, Bueller??

QOTD: Love love love the cooler temps.  I love the colors of fall, running as the leaves fall all around.  I love apple pie.  I don't like Halloween but the sight of pumpkins is good.  Thanksgiving right around the corner.  Football!!! Kids back to school.  What's not to love?!?!

QOTD2: September mileage??  - I hit 145.  I would have liked a nice round number at 150 but I cannot complain.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Rest day for me today.

qotd: Apples are up there. We have a few trees on the property and although I don't spray them, they make great cider apples. Just the best cider I've ever had. My kids volunteer to help to get the privilege of taste testing it. Every year my cobbled-together press (centers around a bottle jack) slowly rips itself apart as it makes the cider, but this year I'm changing the design a bit.

But my *official* answer is the smell of old leaves, saturated earth, distant campfires. Sometimes you get a whiff of it in the middle of summer if you stray into a long-undisturbed place in the woods, and for that it's arresting, but it's nothing to the full force of it when it becomes the smell of the outside world. There's something about olfactory memories that can powerfully bring you back to a place and time, and if you take that smell of fall and press it through the frigid early morning, I can close my eyes and stand nervous on that curved starting line- xc sectionals, 1992, Akron Falls CP.

qotd2: 130, nice to have a down month, though this last bit was not exactly planned

Gator eye

8 miles in this morning,It was a crisp 40 degree's when I left but when I got back I had frost on the top of my car so it must of dropped down

I know most of the country dealt with a lot of heat we haven't had much in the way of hot weather and as I put on my hat and gloves for this morning's run I was thinking how I much I was dreading the snow and cold.

QOTD: I love apple cider, the family is getting together this weekend to pick and press apples, lots of fun and we usually end up with 10 to 15 gallons of cider. 5 goes into wine, 8 goes in the freezer and the rest goes in the fridge.

Daydreamer1

Looking to get out for somewhere between 6-7.4 miles. All depends on what DS wants to do.

Blarg - Your own cider press??  Sounds cool. Many years ago I would haul juice apples out of the orchards up along Lake Ontario. Lot of fond memories from the smells.

QOTD:  The less humid weather, the colors. Those days when the temp gets into the 70s, the sky is clear with only a light breeze and I have time for a bike ride.  And yes, the smells, Blarg worded that very nicely.

QOTD 2: 150.4. Tapering for my marathon cut me back a little but that's OK.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little over a 5K...ok it was 3.32 but we all know a 5 k sounds better.    I've been gone since Saturday so even though I wanted to stay in bed with the old man the dogs deserved a run.  At the last half mile the skies opened and dumped rain on me.  It was actually nice.  It's hard to get out the door when it's raining but OK when your already out there.

QOTD:  Fall is coming here too...we are seeing leaves turn yellow and red.  I love the colors even though NorCal doesn't get much color change.  That is why I like to go to MI in the fall but doesn't always work.  Pretty much everything that was mentioned!!

QOTD2:  60.7  and the weight is a direct reflection of the low miles. I'm going for 150 this month too Mr Jamie!!

Jamie:  923.5 for the year.  I can't see your log...you have to share it with me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I'll probably get a couple of easy miles after work to keep the streak going. I have had a slight change of plans since my brother has flaked out on me for a 12 hour run on the 17th. I'll go ahead and knock out a solo 50 miler tomorrow night. It is probably best to get that long of a run in about 6 weeks out from this 100 in case I have some issues to work out.

QOTD: Lower dew points/humidity.

QOTD: 200.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today, heading straight from work to Missoula for a Neil Young concert tonight. Have tomorrow off.

qotd 1: Fall has has always been my favorite- cooler weather, college football and hunting season- doesn't get any better than that

qotd 2: 130 about average for me, but also had about  60 miles hiking and about 90 miles biking (commuting to work)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie:  923.5 for the year.  I can't see your log...you have to share it with me.

I'm such a dummy! I thought because I could see my own log icon that everyone had access to it.  Should be visible to you now.  You may hit 1000 first but I will pass you before 12/31/15 @ 11:59pm.

And LB2 - you go ahead and knock out the 50 miler! You make it sound so easy.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

jealous... enjoy it.

SRD today, heading straight from work to Missoula for a Neil Young concert tonight. Have tomorrow off.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I love challenges...

I'm such a dummy! I thought because I could see my own log icon that everyone had access to it.  Should be visible to you now.  You may hit 1000 first but I will pass you before 12/31/15 @ 11:59pm.

And LB2 - you go ahead and knock out the 50 miler! You make it sound so easy.

AT-runner

Tim

Jonferg - where you at?? James? Bueller, Bueller??

Moon, Muppy, Birdwell, sugnim, T&C, etc.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Best run I've had since my 24hr race. 48 degrees at the start and very light drizzle. Was going for 12 miles and ended up doing 18.  I could not believe how great I felt, so when I got to the fork in the trail I went the long way.  I LOVE FALL RUNNING.

As I was running, I imagined FTYC would be all bundled up in a winter coat freezing and cursing the cold weather and wising for 90 degrees and humidity. 

warden - Have fun at the concert. I've seen Neil Young a few times and he always puts on a good show.

Gator - Apple wine - please share your recipe. In this area it's mostly apple pie moonshine.

QOTD:  I live in apple country, so I'll go with apple butter. The "National Apple Harvest Festival" (3 miles from my house) is the next 2 weekends, so I'm sure we'll be getting stocked up. Also love seeing red leaves for the fall colors.

QOTD2:  Around to 190+ mark.  My NY runs were all by time and I have no idea how many miles I did that week since I didn't map any of the street runs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

13 mile 1 hr 44 min around & up & down Ecco Mt.

qotd  fall colors

qotd 2  177 hurt foot slowed me down.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all.. rainy day Thursday here... and Friday, and Saturday, and on and on so they say.

Had a fairly pleasing 7 miles with the Lady last night at Coventry Woods. A bit humid and breezy with some light drizzle. Back to wearing shirts again which is a good thing as deer bow season has started here. So orange for me and the Lady has an orange safety vest as well. Not many hunters at Coventry Woods and they can only use part of the park but it's best to be safe. Something out on the trail I suppose later this evening in the 6-8 mile range. Probably over at the lake. No hunting there so we can go with any color.

QOTD1: Colors, nice running weather, football season, making stews and chili again.

QOTD2: 208 miles. Had 3 zero days, one fat ass trail marathon, one 5k trail race. About right for a non-training month.

Gator Eye - I am with you on the cold and the hats and the gloves. If only spring came after fall the world would be perfect. Belated congrats on Superior. I know how hard it is first hand so a finish there is satisfying in retrospect even if the time isn't want you wanted.

LB2 - Solo 50... good luck! Do you really think it's needed? Just curious. I tend to do 30 mi/50k max as a training run if I can't do a longer race.

Queenie - Agree. I don't mind rain at all for running but prefer it to start during my run not before. I may not be so lucky the next few days.

AT - Nice!!! I can't remember the last time I extended a run. Probably last spring!

In dog beers, I've only had one.