Trailer Trash

snowshoeing sundaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to get 8-ish miles in on the running snowshoes today- it's cold, but sunny

got about 10 miles in on my new shies yesterday, skied in over 3' of snow- at times I could even see my skis   no one had been on the trail (nor on the road that wasn't plowed to the trailhead), so bucking that much snow was a bit of a chore, it was over three hours on the way up, only about an hour on the way back

qotd: favorite Christmas song?  I love John Lennon's Happy Christmas (War is Over)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Nice day here. Would be great to go for a run but don't think the boss would appriciate if I took off on a run and my work boots aren't the best for running. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Warden - Nice pictures but please keep the snow out there .

QOTD: Santa Claus is coming in a Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train, by the Tractors.  Ok, maybe it's not my favorite, but I just was listening to it on Youtube this morning.

NorthernHarrier

Snowshoe Sunday for me too. We don't have nearly the snow you do but I sure felt worked over after about 90 minutes of mostly snowshoe running on some roller coaster trails. My first snowshoe race of the season is 3 weeks away in Upper Michigan so hopefully I can get some days up here around the new years weekend for more training on the webs. Southern Wi is now the tropics with the warmest Dec. on record since they started keeping track.

Now that I can see my lake in daylight it is over half open yet. It is usually froze over the first week of November.

Warden--those are some interesting looking boards. We'll need a review after some more time with them.

QOTD- A shrug of the shoulders here. Need to think on that.

NHLA

7 miles Mud Creek

qotd I'll be home for Christmas

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for 8+ today.  Hard to fit in runs this time of year but I am determined.

Warden - I was just thinking today that I would like it to snow here.  Usually I do not but I am missing it for some odd reason. Not so sure we are going to get much this year.  I know it's early but ...

QOTD: O Holy Night

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The great thing about living in Northern California is I ran 10 miles on a dirt trail and then drove 15 miles and went snowshoeing.

Qotd: I'm dreaming of a white christmas!

Can't post my pictures on ipad... Will post tomorrow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

The great thing about living in Northern California is I ran 10 miles on a dirt trail and then drove 15 miles and went snowshoeing.

Qotd: I'm dreaming of a white christmas!

Can't post my pictures on ipad... Will post tomorrow.

Nice!

I know a couple of guys from SoCal that I run with occasionally (did the R2R2R and Joshua Traverse with them)- they told me they could snowshoe in the morning (San Gabriels I think) and then go surfing in the afternoon   not too shabby

I can go snowshoeing and then drive 15 miles and snowshoe again 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No wonder why you camp in the snow...it's your only option.

I can go snowshoeing and then drive 15 miles and snowshoe again 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄