Trailer Trash

National Stress Awareness Fridaly (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Actually got a message telling me today was National Stress Awareness Day.  What will Hallmark think of next. 

Walk at lunch time with my sister who is trying to lose weight. She' sup visiting my Mom, so I said "let's go for a walk".  Not sure how long she'll go, but anything is good for her.

Looking to do a long run tomorrow looking at the last of the fall colors. Leaves are drooping fast, so want to enjoy them one more time, at least.

Good luck to racers and pacers this weekend (Blarg, ?).

QOTD:  Keeping with he day, what is the usual cause of most of the stress in your life?  For me I used to say kids, but now it's our elderly parents.  DW 's parents are really slowing down mentally and physically, and this year, my mom has been having health issues at an alarming rate.  DW works in a nursing home, so we know what's coming.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Oh, horrible run last night despite mild temperatures and a quick cold soaking rain. Things I normally enjoy. Cranky knee really started yelling at me with 2 miles left to go in my 7 mile loop. Forced me into some walking intervals. Blech. Should probably take today off but we will see. May go out for a walk/jog thing to see what the deal is.

QOTD: Money and finances I suppose. Working it home is not too stressful as you don't have to deal with a-holes directly.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I will run 12.5 after work today.

QOTD: Most people who know me consider me to be very laid back and relaxed. But the truth is I often worry about things I have no control over. I worry about my oldest daughter living in Denver. I am not a helicopter parent, but I like to be close in case I am needed. So, it bothers me that I can't be there in 30 minutes. At the same time, I am very proud that she felt confident enough to save up some money, get in her car, and move 1000 miles away with no job and no real prospects. But, she found a job and had already set up an apartment with some folks from here who had moved out there already.

I don't worry too much about money. I don't have enough to worry about it. Hahaha.

LB2

muppy

6.3 miles on the rail trail.

QOTD I don't think I have too much stress. Most would probably be financial stability then children and worrying about them.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me; heading there Missoula this evening, running the Elk Ramble 15-ish k tomorrow. Saturday evening they are doing the trail film festival, really enjoyed it last year.

qotd: pretty darn stress free- when I do stress it's generally stupid things- watching the Grizzlies playing on tv, cursing at shitty drivers, that sort of thing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

No running today. Going to work on some strength training.

QOTD: Work. It's not my patients or even their families. It's my coworkers, other healthcare workers and of course management that's the cause of the stress. The last shift I had a patient get upset and snap at me. I walked through that like you would a bank of fog and calmed everything down in seconds. Found out that the reason she got upset was because her child, the patient, has a legitimate respiratory illness where he gets really bad real quick. The last time he was to the ER the nurse accused the child, who is just over a year old, of faking his illness .  How the hell can a child that young fake a bad illness????  I see this all the time and it makes me furious. People want the glory and money of working in healthcare, but they don't want to take care of the patients and even do a proper exam.  Management? Well they are the ones that facilitate all that crap by not caring themselves.

AT - DW's parents are both dead so we don't have that to worry about. But I can see it coming into my life sooner rather than later. My parents are really starting to slip backwards. I know that their will is screwy. The thing that worries me the most is that I am supposed to be their POA but no paperwork has been signed. They have made their desire for me to be the POA known to their attorney, but if or when they become incapacitated I will then have to go to him and get him to do the final signing. That could take days or weeks from what I'm told.  If they are sick for an extended period and need nursing care it will be a mess.  When they do pass away it's going to be horrible because my older brother is not easy to deal with.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 5.5 this morning in the woods of Michigan dog free...still monkeyed around taking pictures and such.  Trued to post a few here but can't seem to cut from FB and paste here when using the ipad.  No problem doing that on work computer.

Qotd:  My husband...he worries about everything and stresses out so sometimes that stress runs over to me .   It also extremely bugs him that I don't stress out about things so that only adds to his burden of worrying and stressing out.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You aure about that?  

QOTD: Working it home is not too stressful as you don't have to deal with a-holes directly.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄