Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

our heat wave persist; it's been so long I can't remember how long it's been 

got 3 miles in with Tiny E, we saw a spotted mule deer fawn- they had a stare down until the doe shooed the fawn along

qotd: vitamins?  I've been taking vitamins for a 30+ years; currently a multi-vitamin, glucosamine/chondroitin, vitamin D and a daily aspirin- I'll sometimes take a vitamin C in the evening after a long run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

An easy 5 before daybreak.

QOTD: Just what I get from my normal diet.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Yard work and then going to store to get a cake for DW's birthday.

Have fun running assholes friends. (You know why doctors make the worst patients? We get mad when we can't heal ourselves and get really cranky.)

QOTD:  No, wait does beer have vitamins, then yes, otherwise not on regular basis.  Do take some D3 in winter to hold off the winter blues.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD:  No, wait does beer have vitamins, then yes, otherwise not on regular basis.  Do take some D3 in winter to hold off the winter blues.

Beer is a source of some B vitamins, especially B-6.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  Slept in this morning.  Will get in something tonight though.

George - great pics you posted yesterday.

Oh, and in case you guys didn't see it - new WR for a walking mile http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/watch-can-you-run-a-530-mile-this-guy-just-walked-one?utm_content=2017-07-10&utm_campaign=Rundown&utm_source=runnersworld.com&utm_medium=newsletter&smartcode=YN_0001500169_0001621672&sha1hashlower=8da091c92126b624c1c44f3eeb0ba1cca3141d6b&md5hash=2a5484ce91c853390249fb6fad860597 

QOTD: None.  Used to but then stopped and haven't really seen the benefit from it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Hi trailers. Haven't run for a few days to see how the feet do. Every single time I let up on yoga (haven't done it solidly for almost three weeks), something comes up. Never had this foot thing-- they feel really sore on the bottom, and my achilles feels tight, so working on a few things, and icing the soles, and it's much better. Want to stay on top of it, lest it gets worse.

Will run at the track tonight with our new group.

qotd: Nope. I eat a varied and balanced diet and don't have any health issues. Wine and coffee provide my anti-oxidants.

Daydreamer1

Miserable day yesterday.  Wore out a pair of socks I walked that much .  Probably put on about a total of one mile and it was a good pair of socks . Guess it's time to break out some new boots as my current work ones seem to be wore out on the inside.

Don't know if today will bring a run, just a walk or a bike ride. Right now life's too chaotic to be fun.  I really should try to run and get in 7-8 miles. Depends on what DW wants to do and if any storms roll thru.

Warden - I thought that heat just rolled in last week. Either I'm not paying attention again and it's been longer than that or you're getting heat stroke .

LB2 - Alligator and catfish has lots of vitamins so you don't need anymore.

AT - I gave you the prescription to relax a week or so ago. Wine, wine, wine. It relaxes you better than beer does .  Tastes better too .

WC - Those were some great pictures you posted yesterday. Can't wait to get back out into that area.

Jamie - I don't think I could sprint that fast. Can't really read that link because  runnersworld really, really hates me and has be almost totally blocked .

QOTD:  I'm old, therefore I take fiber so at least something moves .  Also take some Co-Q10, Biotin and just started using Osteo Bi-Flex  for the joints. Had tried Hammers tissue rejuvenator but it's so expensive. Don't really take any of the standard vitamins at this time.

muppy

5.6 miles last night on my trails at work,  The trails are beautiful and even with bug spray the  Green flies suck!

QOTD I  take fish oil and a multivitamin, I don't know if they really help but the vitamins are cheap and my dad gives me some fancy fish oil  that he orders.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the boys ran 5 miles this morning...very hot here too Warden.  But not so bad in the morning and work in a refrigerator (office)  all day so I appreciate the heat.

QOTD:  Nothing but I did start taking magnesium because I read it can help tendonitis.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Short run/hike last night with the Lady at Warwick Park. I was pretty creaky from Sunday's race, aka speedwork. Oh boy. Sore quads from a 15k. We took the route that crosses over French Creek and the Lady was brave and went into a section up past her belly. That's deep for her. Never saw her swim. She prefers wading. Finishing up the loop some young HS speedster came upon on and stopped as he wanted to pet the Lady. She is so popular.

No run today. Had the MRI with contrast dye done this morning which meant stops at 2 different departments. Interventional radiology for the dye inject and then another building for the MRI. Forgot how loud all the beeps, whirs, and clicking were with the MRI machine. Always makes me think I am in 60's sci-fi movie, like below the planet of the apes, where they fire up the doomsday machine.

QOTD: Vitamin IPA.

LB - At the top of the wait list for Pinhoti. Hope I stay there a few more weeks til' this knee business is sorted out (for good or bad).

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD: Vitamin IPA.

LB2

LB - At the top of the wait list for Pinhoti. Hope I stay there a few more weeks til' this knee business is sorted out (for good or bad).

Okay. Let us know. I hope you can make it down.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

XT sighting at the Chobot Challenge

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My new screen saver

XT sighting at the Chobot Challenge

SRD.  Might joggity jog a little tomorrow.

MT Warden, that heat sucks.

QOTD: I'll admit I'm sort of a supplement junkie: multivitamin, calcium, glucosamine, fish oil, iron, CoQ10.  And vitamin IPA.    Since I'm doing well, I don't want to change anything.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR