Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 26 times)

We went out early in the hope of seeing a few meteors since the Aquarids were supposed to be at their peak this morning.  It was just a little too light for good viewing when we got out, so we only saw a couple and they were hard to even spot.

QOTD: Do you ever try to schedule runs to watch astronomical events like meteor showers or eclipses?  Other events?

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Today is moving day, DW and I are flying back to Korea.  Gotta love those 15 or so hours in the air.

I got up at 5am and ran 6 miles.  It was really warm and humid, tropical.  Fitting for my last TX run for a while.  I did bump in to some of my running buds so it was nice to have a last "so long".

qotd: Yes, but unfortunately I'd say about 9.5 times out of 10 the Heavens don't cooperate.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Ran a pretty spiffy 7.5 miles or so last night on the blue trails of Green Lane testing out a pair of Altra Olympus. I still believe the Lone Peaks will be my go to shoe but these things sure did seem to hide the rocks. Nice evening for a run... cloudy, warm, and humid. The missus walked SirB the springer while I ran the Lady. A few folks out and about in the warm weather. I'll run something similar this evening. A bit cooler today but still pleasant.

QOTD: Nope. Never done that. I think I'd have issues running trails at night around here while looking "up".

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get out tonight for a short run.

Sandy - enjoy the flight...if you can.

QOTD: I like to run in a full moon...that's about all I plan.  But I do remember seeing what I thought was a shooting star once but it was way too bright and close to be one.  Could have been a UFO?!? A friend told me it was most likely a satellite, at certain angles and what not, it reflects light very brightly and appears to be going very fast.  Sounded good to me.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SWD (scheduled walk day) today.  Going to power walk for 2 hours or so.

QOTD:  As with Sandy, I've tried but cloudy skies have prevented seeing anything.  2 years a go DW and I went for night run when we were at Chincoteague so we could watch a NASA rocket launch from Wallops Island.  Nothing happened and when we got back we heard they scrubbed the launch at T - 4 seconds.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Wet and rainy here today. That's OK we need the rain, it was getting quite dry. DW and I had planned on a short bike ride but she hates riding in the rain. Not quite sure yet what I'll do. I might go for a short run or I might head out on the bike by myself. Right now I'm leaning toward the run since the temp is about 57 and I'd rather run then ride when it's that cool.  If I go It will be 5-6 miles since I have to head into work in the middle of the afternoon.

QOTD: I love running in a full moon, especially in the winter when there is snow on the ground. Otherwise is seems like the weather rarely cooperates when there is a meteor shower.  The best meteor shower I ever saw was early in the morning when i was heading to the deer stand. Sitting in the stand it was crisp and cold but there was so much action in the sky that I didn't even notice the cold. Ended up bagging a deer that morning, but even if I hadn't seen a thing the Meteor shower would have made it all worthwhile.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day. Trying to recover, but don't know from what.

DD got sick with a stomach bug today, and I just hope it won't run its course through the whole family. Last thing I need now.

QOTD: Not planning runs on special events, but if someone tells me there's something to see, like meteors, I try to get out and look for it.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

rest day, I guess. I don't really feel like I need it, but I couldn't shoehorn a run in anyway. I did get to spend a little time 'recruiting'... I was surprised to find some interest in my main running club for the relay option at the Virgil Crest 100 here in upstate NY, so if all goes well I'll get to captain a team. I love all of that organizational stuff.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD (taper for the weekend), will probably lift tomorrow, nothing Friday

qotd: I run a fair bit in the dark (albeit not by choice usually) and have seen some pretty neat stuff- meteor showers, Northern Lights, big full moons, etc, but have never planned a run around such an event

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √