Trailer Trash

Soggy Tuesdaily (Read 26 times)

Sandy-2

I do believe that the monsoon season has arrived.  But then again, who knows???  It was cloudy, rainy, foggy and soggy all day today.  I left work early to do a quick 5 miler before dinner.  I was wearing a singlet and shorts running in the soft cool rain.  The 2 or 3 locals I saw were all geared out in full running rain wear.  I kept thinking...  "there's something wrong with this picture".

qotd: I'm sure this will depend on the temps, but....  do you run in rain gear or "whatever" and just get wet?  I guess you know my answer.

tbd.

LB2

I ran a quick 2+ this morning. I slept a little late. This is the first morning in about a month or so that it has been pleasant, around 68* and humidity was bearable.

QOTD: After the 2012 Rocky Raccoon, I don't even worry about getting wet anymore. I don't think I have completely dried out from that run. I just run. I do not run in lightning. I have been true to my no lightning running for a few years, and last week, I thought things had passed enough so took a chance. A rogue lightning bolt hit very close, and it turned into an impromptu speed session for the last mile. As such, I skipped my second session yesterday after work. Lightning struck from around 6PM until midnight off and on, mostly on.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  I run 4 miles last night with a friend and her dog. And it was the dog who slowed our pace.  It's a lab/pit mix and I think he was having an off day as it certainly was a great night for a run-- low humidity and temps in the 70s.

qotd:  It depends, I  avoid heavy rain altogether, and certainly thunderstorms, which for our area accompanies rain at least half the year.  But light rain, I go as is.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get in a short but hopefully speedy run tonight.

dc - good to see you out there running.  How are you feeling?

QOTD: Depends on the temps. I hate running in cold and rainy.  If it's 30's or 40's and rainy I try to avoid.  I ran a trail race in this weather though and tried to bundle up.  But I was soaked by the end and miserable.  If it's 60 and above and rain, I just make sure I have a hat to keep the rain from my eyes, otherwise it's normal stuff.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

I logged 6 slow trail miles this morning. My pups haven't been picked up from the kennel yet, so it was a rare solo run. I miss my pups.

That'll make 351 miles for the month and 2149 for the year so far.

QOTD: I only wear a light rain jacket if the rain is going to cause me to be cold. Otherwise, I don't care about getting wet.

Gator eye

I got in 8 this morning to close out my month at 230. I did the last two miles on the treadmill at the highest incline, 15%, for a little bit of hill work. I think I'm going to try and put a 12" block under the back of my treadmill for down hill training. Any other flat landers try this for down hill training?

QOTD: if it's warm I just run, cold I stay home. I am looking for suggestions for rain gear that can fit in a hydration pack for a fall race.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my phone was on silent, so didn't hear my alarm and got out the door about 20 minutes behind, so just a little over 3 miles today- will bike to work

qotd: like others, if it's cold I'll wear rain gear (you're still damp from sweat, but warm), if not let it rain 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... ran a nice 7 mile loop on the rocky side of Green Lane last night with the Lady. Likely the last day of low humidity around here for awhile. The plan for this evening is another 7 mile trail loop either at Coventry Woods or Monocacy Hill. There is some rain in the forecast. Hit or miss thundershowers.

QOTD: I can't remember the last time I used rain gear. I do have a jacket or two and a shell I throw in a drop bag for my few and far between 100's but haven't used anything for ages. Well, not quite true... the other day I headed for a rainy run and did put on a lightweight shirt. Probably didn't need it. At this year's Laurel Highlands the brief heavy thunderstorm that hit just past 100k was pure heaven. I happened to be shirtless at the time so it was like a nice cleansing before the finish.

Sandy - LOL. I do see that a lot around here too. People bundled up for rain or even 50 degree runs!

LB2 - I suspect the lightening down south is bit more intense. It bothers me some when I get caught out in a storm, but I fear high winds more.

Runtrail - Dog slowing down a run does not compute in my world! Looks like the humidity is back today on the east coast.

Mr Jamie - Avoiding running in 30-40 degree rain?! You may need to return your trail running card!  LOL.

Lace - Poor pups all kenneled up. I guess it's good if they are used to it. It complicates our travel as we never kennel ours, either getting a house sitter or imposing on friends.

Gator Eye - Nice month.. sorry, no advice on treadmills here. I wish I could tolerate them sometimes for the winter months but I can't.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

7 this a.m., 195 for the month.  Enjoying a spell of beautiful weather in CT this week.

QOTD:  I don't like running in a wet shirt, so if it's cold and rainy I wear a light rain jacket, and if it's warm and rainy I tend to run shirtless.  And if it's pouring, I'll wait or use the TM.

Gator:  can't help on the downhill TM training - the staff at my gym tends to frown on jacking up their equipment.

moonlightrunner

I am hoping to get a run in this afternoon with kiddos in the running stroller. It is not raining here...that makes 2 says in a row!

Qotd: I don't own any rain gear. I don't mind getting wet,

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gator I can recommend the OR Helium II, it's 6.2 oz in size Large and packs small- when size and weight matter that's the jacket I grab

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Thanks!   It's down to a minor ache, but just when I run.  I think this remaining bit of aggravation will take a bit to heal, but I'm over the worst, I think (hope).  I recently  talked with someone who's hamstring tendon ruptured.  A year of no running as well as other issues. That is enough to scare me into being cautious and slow in my running for the time being.

dc - good to see you out there running.  How are you feeling?
                          FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back from work, and, as it's raining heavily and thundering, I'm packing for my trip to Ohio to travel south with my dad again. He is searching for his small butterflies again, and I'll accompany him and help where needed.

I am not sure about running, today or over the next week while on travel, but I'll try.

Sandy: Same here. Just they'll wear the usual rural PA rain outfit: sweat hoody.

LB2: I hear you on the lightning. 

traildc: Is the dog used to running at all? Dogs can be out of shape, tool

Jamie: Speedwork - any races planned in the future?

Kelly: Hope you'll be reunited with the pups soon!

Gator: Downhill running, especially for trail running, is not easy to train for without mountains. You can also do stairs, they are steeper and might prepare your knees better for trail downhills.

warden: Which phone? My old one would ring the alarm even when it was set to silent. I might have to try it out with my new i-phone, don't want to get caught sleeping in when I'd have to work early!

Taper: The hit or miss storms in my area have just hit. Lots of "humidity" from above, too. 

DD2: Nice miles for the month.

moonlight: Sounds like a really long streak of no rain! Seems like a great summer. 

warden: Does the Helium jacket float in the air all by itself? 

QOTD: When it's 65 or above, I'll just go run as usual. If it's cooler, I'll wear a light rain resistant jacket. I wear my rain shell mostly in fall and winter, mainly to keep me warm in snowy, wet or very windy conditions.

Run for fun.

Watoni

Hope to ride today, but it has not been a good day thus far work wise.

PT later, and it will be hot (almost 90 already)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

FYTC- it's a iphone6, I have to keep it on vibrate at work, forget to turn it up after work (miss several calls that way ) and when the alarm goes off it just vibrates which I can't hear w/ the loud AC unit going, have turned it up tonight, so should be GTG

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √