Trailer Trash

Muddling Mondaily (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

It got COLD overnight! We've been waking up to temps around 48 and it fell to 35 when I wasn't looking. I had to break out the Buff and gloves to get it done. I logged 6 easy miles, an even mix of pavement and single track in the dark. I left the pup at home because she needed a rest day after our intense weekend in the mountains. She seemed a little pissed.

QOTD: Where do you get your daily news?

The "paperboy" tossed a newspaper on my step over the weekend by accident. It made me realize how odd it seems to me to get your news from a newspaper these days. I watch the morning news every morning starting with national news before switching to a local station. I also keep an eye on the MSN news page during the day. But these days, it seems like I hear about breaking news on Facebook before anywhere else.

LB2

Really resting this week. Today is an SRD, tomorrow 3, Wednesday 2, ..., Saturday 100.

QOTD: I check the local station and the national news on television. I don't have time to sit down and read the newspaper, and I don't know anyone who does have time to do that.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Really resting this week. Today is an SRD, tomorrow 3, Wednesday 2, ..., Saturday 100.

I'm excited to see how great your race is, Burke. I was supposed to be running Javelina but had to pull out because of a last minute scheduling issue. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRD for me.  Oddly, it's supposed to be in the 70s here today.  Probably the last nice weather we'll see for a long time.

QOTD: Google, mostly.  One of my morning websites to open is Google News, but I often just scroll the headlines and don't read anything in depth.  I can only read so many Ebola panic stories...

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

Couldn't sleep last night and finally just gave in at 1:30 this morning and went out for a cold, dark 8. Came home and got a little nap in before I left for work.

QOTD: PBS mostly with a little radio and regular tv news thrown in the mix.

dpc3

First day back to some activity. Got the go ahead from the PT to start riding my bike and hitting the weights so I rode into work 12 miles and did some leg specific exercises I was told to do by the PT. Felt good to be back being a bit more active then the past several months.

QOTD: I watch the news, read up on the bus on an app called News Republic, and check CNN and other media outlets when I can. Other than that I prefer not to hear all the Doom and Gloom media loves to provide, HA.

Have a good day all.

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run this beautiful fall morning. It was a cool 43 F at the start.

QOTD: I put the TV on CNN as background noise sometimes and read some online news as well.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Tired and sleepy today and the coffee is just not working. I think lack of sleep due to work on-call issues over the weekend took a toll on me. Oh well. Had a decent paced run yesterday on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods despite the feeling I was dragging ass when I started. Hopefully I will be more awake this evening for running the dog over at Green Lane. Last week of the year with post work daylight. Boo hiss.

QOTD: Yes believe it or not I still read the paper, but just the local rag and I can pretty much go through it over breakfast and lunch. Other news television and maybe some on-line stuff. I try to stay away from following too closely since the media tries to saturate and cause panic as much as possible.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I'm excited to see how great your race is, Burke. I was supposed to be running Javelina but had to pull out because of a last minute scheduling issue. I'll have to live vicariously through you.

I know you are sorry to be missing Javelina. I am happy to report that I spoke with our buddy, Scott Jordan yesterday. He is back in the race. He had a groin injury and was going to DNS, but he said he is feeling better and won't worry about a sub 24.  I think this year I'll just take it easy and try to finish instead of running the first part like a 5k and falling apart. Weather looks great for Saturday and Sunday, high of 62 and a low of 35 with plenty of sunshine. I'd like clouds, but I got a straw hat. Taper pains are fading, but this has been a crazy taper (back pain, IT Band, top of foot, butt, etc.). Anyway, I am #118; Scott is #119. I am sure Nathan will be updating the facebook stuff as I go along. I don't trust the livenet info. In 2012, they had me at mile 68 when I had actually dropped at mile 38 or so.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here in central PA. Planning on getting in 8+ miles. That will will be 6+ miles running and the last two meeting DW and walking back with her.   Unless she wants to go for a bike ride then we might do that.

QOTD: Mostly online from a wide variety of sources. We used to get the local rag but quit when the price kept going up and the content was going down. Mostly we don't miss it, especially having to deal with disposing of the paper. It would be nice to have to keep up with the local high school sports scene.  There's a lot of crap going on with the local school board that would be nice to follow,  but when it's time to vote I'll just vote against all the incumbents. We would get it again if they had a option for just the online version, however, for some reason they want you to get home delivery to also have access to the online version .

DigDug2

7 this morning - pleasant temps in the low 40s, but still getting used to the dark.

QOTD:  we get a daily newspaper at home (which I read more on weekends than during the week, but others in my family read more), and I get different paper at work.  I get most of my news from news websites, mostly the NY Times, and from NPR on my commute.  I never watch TV news and do not get any news from social media.

Good luck this weekend, Burke.

runtraildc

Last week of the year with post work daylight. Boo hiss.

Ugh.  On the flip side, we could argue that morning runs will be brighter.   Today's a rest day and got in a gym workout.  30 min on the elliptical and some strength training.

qotd:  Another paper reader here, too.  I do get more news on the web, and from Brian W, but I feel my exposure to more diverse news stories comes from the paper.  It's too easy for me to filter out the soundbites of the world on the web, but with the paper, in your hands, its right in my face.  The kids read it too, another plus.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I ran the AT across West Mt ridge then ran up Bear Mt., great run and a bit

of elevation too. Spectacular views from both peaks, colorful trees, hudson

river and hilly terrain everywhere. I'm stoked to be here in the Hudson Valley!

QOTD: I guess I'm the oddball here, I don't read or watch the news.

Occasional Runner

I know you are sorry to be missing Javelina. I am happy to report that I spoke with our buddy, Scott Jordan yesterday. He is back in the race. He had a groin injury and was going to DNS, but he said he is feeling better and won't worry about a sub 24.  I think this year I'll just take it easy and try to finish instead of running the first part like a 5k and falling apart. Weather looks great for Saturday and Sunday, high of 62 and a low of 35 with plenty of sunshine. I'd like clouds, but I got a straw hat. Taper pains are fading, but this has been a crazy taper (back pain, IT Band, top of foot, butt, etc.). Anyway, I am #118; Scott is #119. I am sure Nathan will be updating the facebook stuff as I go along. I don't trust the livenet info. In 2012, they had me at mile 68 when I had actually dropped at mile 38 or so.

That's good news about Scott. I'll be stalking Nathan on FB to see how you guys are doing.

I am a little surprised how many of you still read the newspaper.  I thought that was a nearly dead concept.  I guess I was wrong.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida