Trailer Trash

Five below Fridaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it's warming up! 

strength trained yesterday evening (temp too low and wind was too much for heading out); hoping for 3-4 miles this evening

qotd: weekend plans?  not a lot planned for this weekend, going snowshoeing one day hopefully and a shorter run/hike the next (maybe vice versa depending on weather)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Warden - did you get the heat fixed?

No run today. Rain and mid 40°'s here all weekend.  Not sure what I'll run this weekend. It will depend on how heavy the rain is. I don't mind getting wet, I just HATE starting out a long run in the rain.

QOTD:  The apartment I did for DD#2 and her BF is done (they're all moved int), so now I need a new project before I drive DW crazy.  DS said something about working together on a Tiny Home for him, and that perked up my ears. Maybe this weekend I'll start some research for a good trailer. I've always wanted to build a Tiny Home. DW's happy as long as I'm busy. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Winter here too. Came up last night, kinda racing to beat another storm here and just made it in before the snow started. Probably another half a foot added to the 20" already here. Supposed to get another 8" tomorrow night. I'm currently snowed in with my long hilly driveway and the power is out. No worries though as I have lots of beer.   I suppose I should call my plow guy and talk real sweet.

On a sad note, the coffee I brewed earlier is now approaching room temperature with no power.  The suffering I have to endure....

I do plan on about 6 miles or so on the "roads". Hopefully be able to get out of here later today and go skiing. We shall see.

QOTD-  Hopefully a little skiing, snowshoeing, and running. I was hoping to get into Ironwood Mi. for a restock of provisions but who knows. Since I also have Monday free I was hoping to be back in Madison where it is supposed to be near 50F last I looked.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- the hvac guy said he could make it last night late, but told him to come this morning instead (he was there as I was leaving). Our AC unit (it’s a ductless one) has a heat function, so it wasn’t too bad- a little chilly in the bedroom, but the great room has been comfortable.

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

On a sad note, the coffee I brewed earlier is now approaching room temperature with no power.  The suffering I have to endure....

Gas stove?  Camping stove?  No one should have to suffer like that!

I'm off work today for my "birthday holiday."  (No, my birthday is not today.)  I'm planning on running at some point late this morning, but right now i have banana bread in the oven.  You're all welcome to come over for banana bread and coffee in approximately an hour!

QOTD: Hmmmm, I'm not really sure.  Climbing Sunday morning, probably by myself since DBF is having elbow troubles.  February is so boring, gloomy, and gray.

Running is dumb.

GC100k

No workout today. Did some treadmill running last night. The treadmills at the new gym can go downhill -3 degrees, which is a fun to do. If I do the mostly downhill Steamtown Marathon in the fall, I might make downhill treadmill running part of my training. There are plenty of real hills to run down, but it's fun to have a constant grade for a couple miles.

Not much planned this weekend. A longish run tomorrow and get caught up on work. No swim meets. Three of the four kids are out of the house this weekend and the fourth is in essentially her own apartment in a different section of the house, so mom and dad will have a break.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Hmmmm, I'm not really sure.  Climbing Sunday morning, probably by myself since DBF is having elbow troubles.  February is so boring, gloomy, and gray.

Is it time to trade him in on a younger newer model? 

AT-runner

Tim

Tim- the hvac guy said he could make it last night late, but told him to come this morning instead (he was there as I was leaving). Our AC unit (it’s a ductless one) has a heat function, so it wasn’t too bad- a little chilly in the bedroom, but the great room has been comfortable.

Mike

Yes, I remember. It was the inspiration for using 2 of those in the apartment I did. They work great, and much cheaper to run than baseboard heat and window Ac unit.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Is it time to trade him in on a younger newer model? 

Ha!  I would say I have more health issues than him.  I'm usually the broken one.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Gas stove?  Camping stove?  No one should have to suffer like that!

All my camping gear, stoves, etc. are nicely packed away .... at home.  I tried putting the coffee in a pan and put it on my wood stove on a small rack and it did a somewhat passable job at least so I have survived. If this continues I'll have to dig out my cooking fire pit and carry on or I guess head to the local pub as they have outstanding pizza. My plow guy just finished up so there's that.  I'm actually just making drama as really it's just another day up here.   In two weeks I'll be on a beach at the gulf saying fuck winter! 

LB2

QOTD:  The apartment I did for DD#2 and her BF is done (they're all moved int), so now I need a new project before I drive DW crazy.  DS said something about working together on a Tiny Home for him, and that perked up my ears. Maybe this weekend I'll start some research for a good trailer. I've always wanted to build a Tiny Home. DW's happy as long as I'm busy. 

Please keep me/us updated on the tiny home thing. I find that very interesting.

LB2

LB2

Plan on running after work, probably 5 miles. I'm really interested in running by a certain large field to see what the turkey situation is there. We have a good bit of time before the spring season opens, but my mind has been on spring for weeks now. It has been hot here. Our AC went out at the school. It was 89 yesterday.

QOTD: There is a picatinny rail for my shotgun sitting in my mailbox, or it should be in the next hour. I plan on getting that put on my shotgun and mounting a scope to it this weekend.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

almost SIX THIS AM  with the running group...ok only 2 other people.  It was cold but perfect for running.

qotd:   Packing tonight, long run Saturday and then clean the house and load up the wood shed.  Sunday I fly to Puerto Vallarta to see my sister and parents...can't wait.

AT:  I saw a cool tiny house on FB...I will try to find it and share.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Lack of motivation is an issue for me today. Yesterday was a cross training day so today I am supposed to run, but with the off and on again rain and damp temps, I'm having a hard time getting out the door. I'm overdue at the gym, so maybe some miles on the treadmill will get done.

qotd: Just put the steak in some marinade and put away the groceries. Woo, my weekend is off to an exciting start. More rain this weekend, so no big plans. February is always tough mentally for me since the weather is either too wet, dark, icey or no snow and thus it's hard to get outside and do fun stull. I am signed up for a 10 mile road race on Sunday. It's a club membership perk so no entry fee. Which also means if it is pouring rain, I may stay home..

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bouldering?  Solo?  Roped solo?

AT - Yes, update on the tiny house!

Didn't run last night, so I'll have to catch up tonight in the rain.

QOTD:  I have about 50,000 hours of recorded Olympics I need to watch.  Run and get a haircut in between.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours