Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 33 times)

dpc3

Got in 4 with the devil dog. It was a bit of a weird run as there was a cop car up on the overpass in the middle of the canyon (the canyon has a road that goes through it) and I saw someone on the other side of the canyon trail system walking with what seemed to be a flashlight. I never did run into them and I was not using my head lamp because of the moon light. We have had problems in the canyon and other trails before with unfortunate folks using the area as shelter etc.  I'll continue to run early am miles but man it makes me wonder.

Hope you all have a good day.

QOTD: I got nothing!

runtraildc

Still taking it easy.  Did some strength training yesterday and that was it.  I might go for a short and easy run tonite.  We'll see.

qotd:  weather report? Crazy weather here-- thunderstorms and torrential rain last night, 30* cooler today and for the next couple of days.  Not quite glove weather that some of you have had recently, but I'll take 60* in June in DC anytime.

Occasional Runner

6 miles with the pointer sisters. It was a beautiful morning, running under the moonlight in perfect conditions. It really felt great. I was obviously the first person out there this morning, because I cleared spider webs the entire way.

QOTD: 90 yesterday, dropping to 80 today. They're saying it might start raining again before the weekend due to a tropical storm coming off the pacific. We've had miserable weather all year.

Hoping to get in a few miles tonight after work.

Just lost a big toenail because I neglected to cut it down before a recent long run. Just glad I lost it prior to race day. Just in time for summer too! 

QOTD: similar to runtraildc. I'll take this over 90.  Hoping for this weather on June 13th as well...but I know my odds are low.

AT-runner

Tim

Wet and muddy run on the AT.  Talked to a few through hikers and gave them a ride to a convenience store and back. Told them to look out for Scott Jurek as he makes his way NOBO. They were  shocked anyone could run the rocks on the AT. They said PA section was living up to it's reputation as Rocksylvania.

QOTD- see above.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Might get out for a run tonight.  Hopefully the downpours will stop by then.  Woke up to 50 deg and pouring.  Our street becomes a river in those times.

AT - I must be in the dark.  I had no clue Scott Jurek was attempting the speed record of the AT.  Have you already looked to see when he will be coming through PA? Is there a way to track him? If the timing is right, I will just have to be out there running while he is crossing the Cumberland Valley.

QOTD: see above

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

QOTD: We have been experience a wet cycle here in NM which is nice and it has not gotten to hot YET! The moisture is welcomed however I fear it will only increase our fire danger in future years due to invasive plant species encroachment intensifying wild fires.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone. Got a nice run in this morning, about 6 miles with my old boss who is in town for meetings

qotd:  we've been getting much needed moisture here, things were looking a little dry, much better now temps in the 60's and 70's

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running a little late but I still got out there and ran 3.9.  What's more important:  running or getting to work on time?   let's make that the QOTD!  Was heading down the hill I have termed MF Hill (my husband calls it heart attack hill) with two dogs dragging me.  The hill is covered in pine needles which can be just as slippery as ice.  Yep feet slid forwarded and I landed on my elbow and then ass.  Soft landing no problem.

Weather:  It's California...always perfect.  It was slightly cool this morning perfect running temp but than I had sweat dripping down my forehead which is rare so I thought..hmmm there must be some humidity in the air.

Trailsncocktails:  My toenail came off about the same time last year.  I had an fake put on it lasted until the toenail grew out.  I highly recommend if you like to wear sandals and have painted toes.

AT-Runner and other interested:  We watched the film about Nikki Kimball trying to break the men's record on the Long Trail in Vermont.  It was pretty interesting and good because they did not try to make her look good as in when she had breakdowns they showed it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I must be in the dark.  I had no clue Scott Jurek was attempting the speed record of the AT.  Have you already looked to see when he will be coming through PA? Is there a way to track him? If the timing is right, I will just have to be out there running while he is crossing the Cumberland Valley.

I've been tracking on Instagram and his FB Page.  He's trying to do it in 42 days.  His wife is doing updates, but it's been sketchy with cell service so far.  I hope to see him in Michaux.  Met and ran 2 laps with him 2 years ago at Sole Challenge 24hr (he didn't run the race but was there for a book tour and to support the race).  Nice guy.  DD#2 sang the National Anthem before the start of the race and gave her a big hug.

AT-runner

Tim

AT-Runner and other interested:  We watched the film about Nikki Kimball trying to break the men's record on the Long Trail in Vermont.  It was pretty interesting and good because they did not try to make her look good as in when she had breakdowns they showed it.

Waiting for the movie, "Finding Traction",  to come out on Internet (website says sometime soon). Hasn't played anywhere near us but I heard it was excellent.

XtremeTaper

I did not run yesterday and gosh it felt sort of weird. I think the last day I did not run was sometime back in April when we were busy travelling to FL for vacation. I got the look from the Lady after work, but we did all go for a walk at the airplane park last night... the Lady, SirB, and the missus. It was cool and drizzly and I felt cold. I was tempted to run a loop just to warm up. I will get back out there this evening for a few taper madness miles.

QOTD: Chilly and rainy here right now. I think it's high 50's.. low 60's at the most. Tempted to flip the heater back on in the house.

Queenie - Arghh... slippery pine needles!

T&C - Taper on.. last 2 years weather for LH was fabulous. Can we get lucky 3 again?

Lace - Meant to comment on the pointer sisters. Great dogs. My Lady would fit right in with them.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

7 at lunch, tempo run, felt good.

I've been following Jurek's AT run for a couple of days - hoping to run into him in northwest CT in a few weeks.

QOTD:  rainy, high 50s in CT.  No big complaints here.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Waiting for the movie, "Finding Traction",  to come out on Internet (website says sometime soon). Hasn't played anywhere near us but I heard it was excellent.

very good film, it was on Montana PBS about two months ago (maybe because she lives in Bozeman??)- thoroughly enjoyed it, made me put the Long Trail on my bucket list

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails today- condition is coming back quicker than I expected!

qotd: what was 50s and rain has given way to mid 60s and sun today- a beaut!