Trailer Trash

it's the Humpdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers and happy humpday.  Got a nice 4-ish miles in yesterday evening with DW and Tiny E- about 60 degrees and a slight breeze- absolutely glorious!  Saw several mule deer does/fawns- they are safe here, no hunting pressure for them to worry about.  There has been several lion sightings in the last few days and are urging folks be cautious.

Plan on getting 4-ish in this evening, supposed to be in the mid 60's for highs- got to love Indian summer!

qotd: do you have an annual mileage goal?  going to make it?  I put up a lofty 2000 mile goal for total miles- running, hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing, backcountry skiing, hunting- I'm a little over 1500 miles, so likely won't make it, but no sense in setting a low goal 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a cool 6 this morning.  It sure was quiet in the hood at 5:30.

QOTD: Goal this year was two things: one was to run everyday - something I have never done and two was to run 1500 miles which I quickly changed to 1100 miles.  I am on pace for 1200+ miles.  I have run everyday and due to overall low miles, I have not struggled with injuries.  The challenge has been the mental part more.  There are some days I just don't feel like running.  Too much other stuff going on.  But almost 300 days in and I don't think about it much, I just run.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  It's very cold here.  The weather radar shows snow, but I don't see anything when I look out the window.

QOTD:  I try every year and get injured every year.  This year was a biking miles goal.  I have been unable to bike due to my hip since early September.  So, yeah.  I make them, but I never meet them.  None of my goals have ever been anything crazy.  My body is just a piece of shit.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run yesterday as I slid around on the wet roots and rocks. No falls, which I feel lucky to have escaped. Rocks were slick as could be.  Had 1 bridge crossing, and almost went down as I pushed off to my left, my right foot slid out. Caught myself (was probably a pretty funny save to see).  Ended up with over 10 miles and a lot of vert. SRD today.

QOTD:  Well, was going to be 2400 and was close to 1/2 way there through May, and then the injury bug hit me for only the second time in decades.  No goal now, just pain free running and reevaluate soon to see if I can ramp up for another 48 hour race next year. Unfortunately I'm still eating like I'm running 200+ miles a month. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

11.5 miles on dead legs.

QOTD I lowered my goal to 1000 miles and am at 900 now. If I counted all activities I’d have a boatload of miles. Yesterday I did 8.8 miles (according to the Apple app on my phone) pushing wheelbarrows of mulch and I do about 15 miles of mowing a week.

Daydreamer1

Crawled out of bed this morning and drove into the main office to get the required @#%&*!!@# flu shot. Now I'll feel like crap for the next month . Then the one guy that I needed to talk to today wasn't in. Oh well.

Trying to decide if It's going to be a bike ride or a run.  On one hand the ride sounds great but on the other hand it is only about 50 degrees right now and I'm not used to biking in the cooler weather. If it's the bike it will be about 30 miles, if a run then about 7-8 miles.

QOTD:  It was 1200 running and 2000 on the bike. I knew that the bike miles were a little high but the running miles should have been easy to get.  As it looks now I'll miss both. I'm at 922.9  miles of running  so I'll have to step it up the last two months to make the 1200.

XtremeTaper

I ran 3 last night with the Lady on the local trail up the hill. Nothing special.

Knee update: The rehab is not going well, I am about 11 weeks now I believe. I've stopped counting. Short runs or none at all I can't seem to shake the water on the knee and a few other tender spots above/below the joint. Some days are better than others. I've been doing all the PT prescribed exercises, even seeing a chiro who k-taped the area but I am stuck getting nowhere it seems. The knee effusion bothers me the most. The orthopod drained it 6 weeks post-op and a day later with me doing nothing (literally) it had puffed up again. So something is going on in there. Much of my pain in the knee is gone but a few places near the joint it's still very bothersome. I guess another visit to the orthopod is in my future soon. Right now I am just plodding a few miles here and there to get outdoors and enjoy the fall.

QOTD: Well, typically I am around 2,400-2,600 miles. I think my last year under 2,000 was 2012, where I was having some injury/back issues. This year I am just under 1,400 presently, and have been spinning my wheels since the end of June in the 1,300's. So no, I will be nowhere near my average/goal of 2,500. Likely a thousand short.

Muppy -- I wore a garmin once when mowing my yard. The distance walked was about 2.25 miles (3/4 acre property), so yes yardwork can be a lot of walking.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 4 this morning. It was chilly.

QOTD: I don't really worry too much about the overall yearly mileage. I am more concerned with specific chunks of monthly mileage when a long race is coming up. For example, I try to get 200 miles per month in the two full months prior to a 100 mile run with consistent incremental increases leading up to it.

LB2

Gator eye

Did 2 this morning on the treadmill, weather's cold and rainy close to be snow. My foot is still a little tight and bothersome but I' m going to try to put some miles on it and see if it will losen up.

QOtD: I ve been around 2300 for the last two years or so and was planning on hitting 2500 this year but its been a year of injury, pain, and disappointment. I m hoping I m  near the end of this injury bug.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran a little over 3 miles this morning.  I felt foggy headed and was afraid I was going to trip on something but staring at the ground made me dizzy... I had two Gold Digger IPAs with 7.5% alcohol last night ..I think it was that.  I had quit drinking those beers because they gave me a headache.  Thought I could go back because they are so tasty but no...I won't drink those again.  I have been off the gym but will commit to going TODAY!!!  Been dragging the same gym bag around with the same clothing and never using them.

QOTD:  My goal is usually 1200 which I never make until last year when my goal was 1,500 which I hit 1,350.  This year I made my goal 1200 which I will make but deep inside my real goal is 1,500 which I will most likely not make.  Clear as mud, right?

XT:  So sorry about your knee...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I would have thought you learned your lesson!    I was going to push an idea on you and Jess about a certain race that happens Sept 22 to 23 in a state where your kids live.  I have it penciled in and will have to ink it or not 02/01/17. 

.  No goal now, just pain free running and reevaluate soon to see if I can ramp up for another 48 hour race next year. Unfortunately I'm still eating like I'm running 200+ miles a month. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

what's the race in September?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That sucks, XT.  I hope your healing comes quicker in the future.  Keep us updated on what the ortho says.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I would have thought you learned your lesson!    I was going to push an idea on you and Jess about a certain race that happens Sept 22 to 23 in a state where your kids live.  I have it penciled in and will have to ink it or not 02/01/17. 

Mt. Lake 100?  If so, that would be a beautiful one.

I did learn my lesson, after running 126.5 miles, rest the next 2 weeks!  I did not do that.  Problem was, I felt good after the race and stupidly ran 10 miles the Thursday after.  That's when the knee pain started.  I promise to rest from now on after a long race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yeah a 100 is out of my league 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √