Trailer Trash

Falling Yellow Leaves Saturdaily (Read 30 times)

moonlightrunner

Not the fall like yesterday's QOTD....the fall I am seeing as I run down the trail. Yellow leaves floating down, and at least recently...cooler temps. That is soon to change with an upcoming get in to 90 degree weather.

I've been absent for a while. My running is sporadic...work has been extra demanding and then there is raising a young family. But...lately I have had some really good runs pusshing the kids in the stroller on the gravel bike path and even on some single track. Running with toddlers also means entertaining them with songs...which adds to the workout.

I don't know if anyone is racing this weekend..if so...good luck! Happy trails to you all.

QOTD: Any signs of fall on your trails. It is clear here....no doubt....brush is thinner, leaves turning and the mosquitoes are fewer in number.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Today might turn into a URD. I had been looking forward to a nice longer run, but my ankle is hurting, and I'm not sure if this is because I've been running too much, or not enough lately (my aches and pains get usually get better with more running). No injury, and my mileage is pretty much average, so I don't know what's going on. I might run later.

moonlight: Good to hear from you again! Those kids definitely will shape you up, even if you don't get to run as often as you'd wish.

QOTD: Some red or yellow leaves, but not too many of them falling yet. Temperatures are much cooler, especially in the morning (and the next few days, highs are only going to be in the lower 80's, too), but I couldn't complain of not enough pesky gnats and mosquitoes around.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well I was hoping for a run outdoors this morning, but we went from Unhealthy air quality to Very Unhealthy overnight ; supposed to be a cold front moving in this afternoon/evening that might push some of this smoke out- will definitely be cooler, but we desperately need a reprieve from this smoke

sooooo.... looks like another day on the dreadmill

qotd: other than the days shortening, nothing remotely reminding me of an upcoming fall

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Didn't get out as early as I had hoped for an easy 8 miles in the woods.  Went exploring a bit to see how much of this one area was marked for deforestation. I was happy to find that it wasn't as much as I had feared.  When they start cutting, I can drive 1/2 mile down the logging road to another trail head and start my runs from there.  I'll miss a bit more than a mile of the trail, but luckily not too much.

QOTD:  Like Couch, a few reds and yellows and the ferns have started to yellow on the ends.  On my drive to the woods, I see hundreds of acres of sagging apple trees ready to be picked in the next dew weeks. Apple harvest is a big time around here, and many migrants workers are coming into town now for the start of apple season.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My run through the park ended up on the multi-use path instead of the trails so I could have company. It also turned into a progressive run which cut it short by a couple miles. It was a good run nonetheless for 8 miles.

QOTD: Temps were cool enough at the start that they could be a sign of fall, though afternoon temps will be typical summer weather.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Going to head up on the mountain for a mid distance run, somewhere in the 10-14 mile range. I want to finish up as the moon is coming up. I like running under a full moon but can't be out too late since I work tomorrow.

QOTD: The leaves on the Sycamore trees are starting to turn a paler green, the corn is starting to die down with some farmers already starting to chop for silage. The nights are cooler, however, that is just as much a function of the current weather pattern as that it's nearing fall. Next week is supposed to be hot and humid again. I'm happy about that because the paving crew is going to be laying the asphalt and the hotter the better for a good job.

Watoni

Probably going to head out for a run in the light rain here shortly. It is two days in a row, but it seems better since like cycling on oil slick Lloy probably going to head out for a run in the light rain here shortly. It is two days in a row, but it seems better than cycling on oil slick roads.  I think the new puppy hadn't seen rain yet so it was fun to take her out. Just going to figure out what a good route is. I have been following UTMB  and it was amazing the overnight carnage.

QOTD:  I live in Northern California so this is really not applicable for me

runtraildc

Hi trailers!  Got in 5 miles yesterday with the borrowed springer.  He did really well, especially considering he is 10.  He still has his running legs.  Today was a travel day back home, whereupon I found out that all of my absentee gardeners did not tend to it with the same loving care that I would have... so today's qotd is applicable.

qotd:  Yes, a few signs especially in the garden starting to dry out/die off.  We won't see any great changes for at least a month, but drought is a typical last summer/fall thing around here.

some call me Tim

Finished my 50k in 4:15:43 today, 4th overall. Got lost once and lost 6-7 mins but got all but one place back and it's clear sub 4 wasn't quite in me today. Still stoked at the result, over 30 minute PR on super buffed out trails with only ~2000 ft of vert. The lakes are freaking TURQUOISE, naturally... proper report with pics to come in a bit.

rock on, trailers

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ Congrats!  That's smoking fast 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

Congrats!!

4 miles 45 min Eagle Rock. Then lots of yard work.

QOTD  fall is comming. Poplars are turning. Acorns are falling.

NHLA

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Finished my 50k in 4:15:43 today, 4th overall. Got lost once and lost 6-7 mins but got all but one place back and it's clear sub 4 wasn't quite in me today. Still stoked at the result, over 30 minute PR on super buffed out trails with only ~2000 ft of vert. The lakes are freaking TURQUOISE, naturally... proper report with pics to come in a bit.

rock on, trailers

Wow! You are fast! You would like BlueCruise 50k here in PA.  It's a very runnable course, faster guys in under 4 usually.

I got in 9 early this morning at a snails pace.  I had to stop about a mile from home due to a very sudden stomach issue.  Thankfully it did not last and I could finish it out ok.  Then some painting, kids at the pool, watch PA win a great game at the llws and now ready to sleep.

QOTD: Leaves have been falling in our yard a bit.  I very much enjoy fall trail runs with leaves falling about everywhere.  Bring it on!

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Thanks y'all, and Jamie, I was considering it esp because of the single loop. It's be nice to take it easy for a bit, though!

Sandy-2

Blarg, WTG!!!  That's moving!!!

Did 10 mi up, around the top and then back down my mountain this morning (Sun).  Legs were totally dead from the 20 I did on Sat.  Did a few studder steps from tripping on a few rocks, but never went down...  see what I mean about yesterdays jinx question?

qotd: there are some leaves that were blown down on the trail and some yellow leaves on some of the trees, but I think they are more from the heavy winds from last week's Typhoon rather than fall.  It was almost 90* today so I think we have a bit to go yet.

tbd.