Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 25 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's wacky Wednesday at my kids school.  I forget the reason for it but the kids all dressed as crazy as can be this morning.  Somehow the 11 yr old looked oddly the same as he does most days.  Oh well.  Not sure if I will get in anything tonight.  I would normally rest but got to beat Queen, Warden & DD.

QOTD: Any themes to your running attire? Matching clothes, colors, etc. or just don't give a $#%@.

Or would you ever consider wearing something wacky or crazy at a race? like a costume or other?

I usually do not care but occasionally I will match - or at least try not to clash.  But I don't think it's works too well - so says DW.  Costumes? doubtful.

Have a great HumpDay!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Going to do some speed work at lunch. Hoping to change things up and get motivation going again.

Anyone talk to FTYC to see how she is? Her last message was very cryptic. Hope all is well.

We've been missing a few other regulars, hope everyone is happy and healthy.

QOTD:  My theme is always the same; Temperature Management. That's all that really matters to me.  As far as shorts or tights, there's a 99% chance it's going to be black in color.  I've work a costume a few times, usually to one of the PCS night races for Halloween.  I was Fred Flintstone one year.

EDIT: One of my pet peeves is when people are running a race with the free race shirt that they just got.  I always say they are finisher shirts, and shouldn't be worn until you earned it.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Nothing yet today but the plan is 7-8 windy road miles at lunch followed by a visit to the planet of fitness in the evening. Last night, the Lady and I headed out to French Creek to run my Mill Creek loop just before sunset. We shortened it a bit, from 8 to about 6.5 miles due to daylight constraints cutting out the portion down in the hollow. While the weather was mild, it was pretty windy and I had somewhat of a spooked feeling for some reason.

QOTD: Almost everything goes with black shorts and half the year I run shirtless anyway. I do have a lot of orange though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Wacky weather for us.  20 degrees cooler and the wind is back. The change in temps doesn't bother me, but I find the wind annoying.  So, I'm not sure what I'm doing today-- probably strength work at the gym since I've been skipping out on that.

qotd:  Comfort.  Now that might be obvious, but I've gotten very particular about 'comfortable.  For example,  I will only wear one particular style of smartwool socks, and not the obvious 'running' style.  And shirts, I was down to a couple that I really liked/wore, but found some REI shirts that I like a lot just recently.  I just push the other shirts, including the free race shirts, around in my clothes basket.  And everything tends to the colors blue and black, except the socks.  If they're pink, DH and the sons will not 'borrow' them.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran a slow and sluggish 6 miles last night -- thankfully the bike path was plowed, but running through the neighborhood was a mess.  Hopefully our warmer temps next week will melt all this crap and we can start spring!

Tonight is TBD.  Wednesdays are normally rest days for me, but I think I'm thinking about a very easy 3 miler with the dog.  One of Sandy's instant runs where it doesn't even feel like you ran.  We'll see.

QOTD:  I'm sure most of us don't give a s$#%@*& -- no matchy match road runners here.    Sometimes I unintentionally match and feel quite silly.  I'm also on board the only solid black/blue/gray shorts/tights theme.  I actually do own a pair of hot pink shorts I got online for like $5, but I wore them while cleaning my bike once and they have a big imprint of my crank on them now that won't wash out.  So I wear them around the house and/or to clean my bike because they're comfy.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Agreed!  And then one year my youngest DS was running his first race with me (7 at the time), and he insisted we wear our shirts to the race. I felt a little silly, but went along with his wishes.   

EDIT: One of my pet peeves is when people are running a race with the free race shirt that they just got.  I always say they are finisher shirts, and shouldn't be worn until you earned it.  

And XT-- I sometimes have that 'spooky' feeling-- and then wonder what it is?  And thanks for all the dog pics lately--  I especially like seeing pics of your springer.  But Lady B is quite handsome, too.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Once upon a time they actually were finisher shirts and you didn't get one until you crossed the finish line. Now they are simply another item in the goody bag, so it isn't earned, it's paid for.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

. While the weather was mild, it was pretty windy and I had somewhat of a spooked feeling for some reason.

I've had that feeling on windy days. Creaky trees and an overcast day on a new trail, especially. Tend to look over my shoulder a few times to make sure I'm not being followed.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

BluesCruise did a finisher shirt last year.  In the goodie bag they had a "regular" shirt, a hat and then they these super cool partially zip up long sleeve shirt but ONLY if you finished.  I like it much better than the "regular" shirt.  But agreed that most races don't do that.

Once upon a time they actually were finisher shirts and you didn't get one until you crossed the finish line. Now they are simply another item in the goody bag, so it isn't earned, it's paid for.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run on the hills yesterday; got a dusting of snow last night, but shouldn't effect the trails any. Hill repeats th

is evening, always my favorite 

qotd: all my shorts/tights are either black or gray, as are all of my running socks (I had some white Darn Tough wool socks- that was a bad idea, there all greyish now

Someof my shirts  and jackets I have are bright though. I've thought about getting a kilt to wear to a race, but haven't- yet anyways 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

8 miles around the mt. Windy here too.

qotd  My wife used to laugh at me when I left the house. Even ask me to spin around.

Now DD picks out all my stuff. Now I get complements but I have to look down to see what I'm wearing.

muppy

11.1 miles on the Horseshoe trail, its nice to get back on the trails.

For the most part the trails were in very good shape.

QOTD   Black shorts will go with anything. Most of my shirts are bright colors for safety reasons.  Last week I ran by the Under Armor headquarters,  seeing everybody dressed head to toe in Under Armor.  I noticed I was wearing stuff from five different companies none of which was Under Armor.

LB2

Something after work and supper.

QOTD: Mostly black, but I try to sort of match at a race, at a race at least.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice little 6.2 this morning.  As usually I blew off the after work run yesterday to go to $2 pint night.  I may run again after work with the group.  The high school coach is going to give them speed work on the trails behind the school.

QOTD:  I try to look cute.   been wearing black  nike capri most my running and am getting into a bit of the color now.  It might be age.  My mom always wore natural colors and now that she's old she likes the bright pastel colors.    I actually spent a bit on a pair of lululemon tights that were so dam cute I had to have them.   The thing with matching your bottoms is the color of the tops are always dictated by the racing shirts you receive.  The only running tops I buy are tank tops.  I have yet to receive a tank top for a race.  Never whacky...

Jamie:  You know we are all going to be chasing Warden.  and ummm aren't you the guy with the crazy socks?  orange and green stripped.

runtraildc:  Comfort is my number one also.

XT:  When the dogs all of a sudden look into the words then I get a little nervous...what are you looking at???

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

bagge_pants

Hi all, I had a weird day yesterday. Had fever symptoms and ended up projectile vomiting my soup dinner in the pm then felt 100% afterwards. Not sure if this has anything to do with also being physically ran down from the long run last Saturday. No more road running for me. Taking today off as well. My original plan was to take a few rest days to make sure my soreness was only muscular and it seems to be so as feel better now. Then the fever yesterday has me a little worried too. 

QOTD: I like the color blue