Trailer Trash

mountain Mondaily (Read 24 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

after two weekends of brutal wind, finally got a reprieve yesterday and headed up to the mountains for a 13-ish mile snowshoe trip up to Casey Peak

going to strength train this evening

qotd: injury update? knock on wood injury free for a long time

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Some nice weather her, and I might get the bike out over lunch for a short ride.  Cross train day.

Warden - nice snow.

QOTD:  I dislocated my motivation sometime in January. Hasn't healed up completely yet, but starting to improve.  Maybe Spring will help heal my motivation.  Otherwise injury free.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Not sure what is on the agenda for after work. If it is raining, I may just lift weights. I need to get in a long run sometime this week, maybe two longs in the 10 mile range. Ordinarily, ten miles is not a long run, but I sure have been getting a lot of stuff done around the house since my mileage is down. I needed a break. 10 mile race March 19th. I need to keep working on speed.

QOTD: I dislocated my motivation, too, AT. But it is coming back pretty well since I dropped off the pressure to run hours on end every weekend and added some weights. I love running long, long, long runs, but it can take a toll mentally.

As far as injury, I haven't been injured in several years since I learned to run with my feet landing under my hips instead of my old habit of over-striding.

LB2

muppy

Got in5.2 miles last night.

Awesome pictures mtwarden!

LB2,  i've been working on landing with my feet under my hips,  but as I get toward the end of runs I go back to over striding again.

Did you do anything special or was it just a change in your form?

QOTD I have a bone spur that's poking into my achilles tendon.  I'm also dealing with the sciatic nerve issue.

LB2

LB2,  i've been working on landing with my feet under my hips,  but as I get toward the end of runs I go back to over striding again.

Did you do anything special or was it just a change in your form?

All I did was focus on that part. It really helped to naturally do that when I went to lower drop shoes. Mostly, I run in Altra or a pair of Topo Athletics I have that are zero drop. I never had the achilles problems people talk about with a low drop shoe. I do have one pair of Mizuno Wave Riders that I wear from time to time that probably have a 10 mm drop, but at this point, my feet naturally land beneath my hips.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I have the day off work today, so I'm planning on running here shortly.  7-8 miles (or mikes in Sue's world.)  Will be my third day in a row of running, which I typically don't do because of my hip, so we'll see how this goes.

QOTD: Doing alright for the most part!  The bursitis in my foot hasn't flared up in a while, although I can still feel it in there on occasion.  My hip has mostly leveled off at this point as far as I can tell.  Obviously something that's been surgically repaired will never quite be the same; I'll never come close to what I used to be able to do and I'm learning to accept that.  Damn genetics and fucked up bone.  But being able to go for a 3 hour trail run is invaluable to my sanity and well being and since I'm able to do that, I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will get in some gym time tonight.

Mandy - sounds like your hip (and foot) are doing great.  Do you have to go back once in a while to the doc for your hip or are you completely done?

QOTD: Knock on everything that is wood.  I am good right now and have been some a number of months.  I sure hope you didn't jinx me warden with this question 

Oh and I have an answer for the broken motivation - run! Ok maybe not that simple.  Run somewhere new and adventurous.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

7-8 miles (or mikes in Sue's world.)  

LOL - wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed some of Queen's funnier typo's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

6 this morning. Still in the upper teen's. Can't wait for warmer weather.

QOTD: my PF has pretty much cleared up, nothing that a golf ball doesn't take care of but my calves are doing a little more bitchin and complaining than normal. I think if I could find a pair of shoes that worked well for me it would clear up but I've had a string of shoes that don't work for me but I refuse to throw them out till they're worn out so my legs pay the price. Dam you big shoe company for changing your models from year to year!!!!

muppy

All I did was focus on that part. It really helped to naturally do that when I went to lower drop shoes. Mostly, I run in Altra or a pair of Topo Athletics I have that are zero drop. I never had the achilles problems people talk about with a low drop shoe. I do have one pair of Mizuno Wave Riders that I wear from time to time that probably have a 10 mm drop, but at this point, my feet naturally land beneath my hips.

Thanks LB2

NHLA

Rest day. Sore from back to back races. qotd tore PF in nov but 100% now. Just need to get my base back up. great pics
                        DigDug2

Hour on the stationary bike at lunch - semi-rest day.

QOTD:  injury-free for the past year (knocking on wood like everyone else...)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - sounds like your hip (and foot) are doing great.  Do you have to go back once in a while to the doc for your hip or are you completely done?

Totally done unless I have some serious issue. I haven't seen my surgeon since my 6 month post-op visit. And since he's retired now, I really hope I don't have any issues!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went for a hike with my sister....she's going home tomorrow.  

Qotd: i think I have tendonitis in my achilles but I have new shoes with a higher heel and things seem good.

Mandy:  I've been doing mikes for mostmy life sooo  And. By the way happy birthday.

Gator eye: I know...when a shoe is good why do they think they need to keep changing.  At least keep there successful model available while trying to improve.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 5 miles along the water after work today. A pretty good run.

qotd: my back was acting up and feeling weird for a while but I have been doing some core stuff and increasing my mileage, it's feeling better now.

tbd.