Trailer Trash

Grindstone 100 RR (Read 34 times)

Keep Going

If anyone is interested here is my rather long Grindstone experience. Its an awesome race and I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Grindstone Race Report

100 milers are my favorite

Sandy-2

Great report Bryan!!!  Thanks.  I don't know how you remember all of that stuff.  But I do remember all of those rock infested trails near the end, funny thing they didn't seem so bad on the way out.  It was great meeting you and your friends and also seeing some friendly faces out there on trail.

Congratulations.

Sandy

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job and RR, Bryan. It took me two sessions to get through it, but was well worth the read. Congratulations, again. on your finish.  Still don't know how you slept so late in the race and had the will to get up..

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I like the way you started in medias res. It really drew me into the story, took me out, and threw me back into it. Also, reports with this much detail go a long way in helping others to decide whether or not to run specific races. I think this is a good one. Thanks for sharing your experience.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Great report Bryan. It took me five sittings to read all the way though it, last night I fell asleep while reading (ok, I admit I was exhausted when I started) and this morning the electricity went off once dumping the computer.  But it was well worth the reading.  My hats off to you on how you just kept plodding forward and got it done.

I think I'll my first 100 miler will start with something a little more sedate like OC.

PS: I don't know Otto Lam, but give him my regards the next time you see him.  I kind of understand the whole vomiting while running being just "something you do".

Keep Going

Sandy - So fun seeing you and leap frogging during the race! I don't know how I remember some of the details either. I think maybe because these races make you hyper aware of what's going on and you have to be present in order to finish. Or anything traumatic will make you remember . Hopefully I'll see you at Hardrock! LOL.. Thanks for reading.

AT - Right? I ramble on in my race reports. I actually like re-reading them months later it's like re-living the experience. Sleeping like that in a chair was so needed. I think it's because my mind knew I was going to just nap for a bit and not stop, so my legs never shut off. But I tell you what once I crossed the finish line and grabbed my bag from my car and walked to the showers oh man..total system wide shutdown! The body knows just what needs to be done I suppose. Thanks for reading!

LB2 - Thanks for the compliment and thanks for reading! I agree totally in that race reports really help others who have never done the race. I know I read every one of them on their website prior to the race, so I hope others will read mine and it helps them.

Dreamer - haha You are persistent in trying to get through the whole thing! Yes definitely do OC as your first. It's so good! Speaking of vomiting, Otto even has his own hashtag, #ottopuking! How funny is that? Apparently he was hurling all over Hope Pass and along the Leadville course this past summer. I was told it was epic!

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Right? I ramble on in my race reports. I actually like re-reading them months later it's like re-living the experience. Sleeping like that in a chair was so needed. I think it's because my mind knew I was going to just nap for a bit and not stop, so my legs never shut off. But I tell you what once I crossed the finish line and grabbed my bag from my car and walked to the showers oh man..total system wide shutdown! The body knows just what needs to be done I suppose. Thanks for reading!

I wouldn't call it "ramble", I'd say "packed with information".  I like the ones packed with information.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Finally got some time to read it. Great job, way to grind it out, congratulations!

Keep Going

Finally got some time to read it. Great job, way to grind it out, congratulations!

Thanks muppy!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for sharing Keystone...good story...nothing to add since I have no idea what running 100 miles would be like.  Great job on getting it done!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄