Trailer Trash

Critique my Fueling Strategy (Read 59 times)

LB2

I just wanted to comment that you are way more detailed then me.

My strategy is to ensure that I have enough fluids to get between aid stations (1 or 2 handhelds depending upon time between aid stations), and that I carry enough gels and salt tabs to get me through the race or to the next drop bag location. Generally I figure one gel every 60 minutes, 1-2 salt tabs as well in the same time depending on conditions. I really should be more detailed but think keeping it simple helps in my case.

^^This sounds like me. I wouldn't over-think it. Carry some gels and make sure you have some electrolytes and fluids. Grab a few things at the aid station and keep on moving.

LB2

Next time, weigh yourself at the start and finish.  If you are only down a couple lbs or less, then you are maintaining equilibrium.  If you are the same or higher, then you are probably drinking too much.  If down more than a few lbs, then you aren't drinking enough, going too fast, etc.  Most people do well at an ultra if they maintain weight to within a few lbs on the low side of where they started.

On sunday I did a ~3 hour effort and I liked how the fueling went,

Am I missing anything?  Do I need additional electrolytes?  Any advice/critique is welcome.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Thanks seilerts...I'll have to make that part of my routine.  I guess squeeze it in before the part where I devour everything in the house.

**Ask me about streaking**