Trailer Trash

Farewell World Fridailies (according to the Mayans) (Read 302 times)

Birdwell

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine, after a 6 miles in near zero weather this morning. 

Morning all!

QOTD: since today is the last day ever, according to some people's interpretation of an ancient civilization, what will you miss the most about life here?  

Obviously family and friends come to mind first and foremost. After that though, I'm going to miss the Pollo Fundido at Someburros in Tempe, AZ. 

it's a deep fried chicken chimichanga with a jalapeno cream cheese sauce that is easily my favorite thing on earth to eat. 

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I'm on day 4 of rest...although I may try to run tonight.    My arch in my right foot got pretty sore after my run Monday night.  My frustration isn't that I have a sore foot....it is getting better...but I'm trying to decide if it was my new shoes that caused the problem or if it was just an injury that happened while I happened to be wearing new shoes.  It feels like I stretched out the tissue that goes through my arch....and it hurt to curl up my toes....but like I said....it is progressively getting better.

QOTD:  boobies

Sandy-2

Morning Birdwell and mecrowe.  I also did a nice 6 miler this morning.  Here it was about 32 deg.  There is an "end of the world" marathon in the next town over and a few of my friends are running it, so I guess I'll stop by to see how they are doing a little later.

qotd:  This ...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

sugnim

Good morning all!

Group run planned tonight called Run For Your Life, It's the End of the World!  in which we will dress as Mayans, zombies, aliens, or whatever, run amok in the downtown area to add a touch of surrealism to everyone's holiday shopping, and then eat pizza.

QOTD:  If I'm dead, I can't really miss anything since I no longer exist.  So, I guess I will miss my ability to miss things.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Thank you for starting the Apocalypse Fridailies, guys, even twice! I almost thought the world had come to an end already, and I was the only one left, feeling a bit lonely already...

I just read yesterday that the Mayan calender only predicts the end of a 400-year cycle, and not the end of the world. Now I'm disappointed, couldn't they have told us that earlier? I even had chosen today's outfit according to the special occasion, and now that.

Do you think it still makes sense to dress up and wait, just in case? Wink

Rest day today, as I have two kids at home whose holiday break has already started. Only DD has to attend school, to make up for one of the snow days we've already had. No snow here now, only rain and heavy winds. Would be a great day for a run through the swamp, sigh!

Had an argument with my Betta fish this morning, he was all upset about the Christmas cleaning in his home, squirming all around and messing up everything I was trying to clean, and he claimed that if his house is being turned upside down, at least he wants new furniture. Hard to find, for a 1-gallon bowl with barely 10 sq inches floor space. I guess I'll pick out something at Petco for him today and have Santa deliver it to his home. Clown

Birdwell: Nice cold. We could use some of that, so that the rain will turn into snow! Could you send some over, please?

crowe: Perhaps try the old shoes again and see what happens?

Sandy: LOL! Very plausible, too!

sugnim: Sounds like this run will be fun! What are you going to dress up as?

In the town where I grew up, we had a "Christmas Plunge" every year around this time. The diving club and the lifeguard's club (I was a member of this one) met up, dressed in wetsuits, with masks, snorkels and fins, plunged into one of the rivers that run through the town (sometimes having to crack a thick layer of ice first), then lauching a lit-up Christmas tree mounted on a float, and swim down that river for about a mile or so. Afterwards, we took the public bus to the indoor pool (still dressed in full diving gear) and warmed up in the warm water there (turning red like lobsters from the temperature shock). Always was fun, despite the cold!

QOTD: As long as I can observe the universe and see what happens there, I think I'd be fine. I have always been curious about science and wanted to observe the world and the universe over the course of billions of years, perhaps here's my chance now!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hour at the gym this morning, bike, weights, sitting around zoning a bit...then PT appt.  Got fitted for orthotics. 

QOTD: uh.....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

20 miles on the bike this morning. Skipping work today because I don't feel like going in.

QOTD: Pie

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My boss told me not to come into work today AND I'm going to Sports Med this afternoon!!!  It's going to be a good day.

QOTD: Trails and beer.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Happy Monday, er, I mean Friday. Since everything was shut down here yesterday my own calendar is whacked. Classic cold, windy, and very sunny cold front conditions following the storm. I think my sunglasses are in the car. I will do the slip and slide of about 7 miles on the road. Going to head about an hour north of here tomorrow for some bushwack snowshoeing at a place called Quincy Bluff-Nature Coservancy property that is pretty cool and unique. Been awhile since I was there.

I hear Suzy Favor has given up running to focus on the pole vault. Big grin  Just can't help it, sorry.

Mecrowe--Try rolling a frozen water bottle under that arch while drinking a cold beer. Should help a little. Maybe some SuperFeet arch supports for those shoes?

Slowdown--Nice 'toon.

QOTD--Aaron Rogers  Joking 

it's a deep fried chicken chimichanga with a jalapeno cream cheese sauce that is easily my favorite thing on earth to eat. 

Want.

mecrowe: Hope your foot feels better soon.

Sandy--your weather sounds great. And fun cartoon!

sugnim--not sure what sounds better, the run with costumes or the pizza after.

Faster--Christmas Plunge sounds fun! Perhaps if you threatened your Betta with a nice swim in the river he would let you clean in peace?

boy--hope your orthotics help.

lace--Pie is good. I think I'm hungry...

MadMan--Hope the sports med people can help you get better soon.

NH: Snowshoeing sounds fun. It's been many years since I've done that.

Me: Still setting personal records for "coldest run." Today's air temp was -24C/-11F, with "feels like" -30C/-22F. The run wasn't the hard part--even with warm up/cool down I was only out for maybe 45 minutes. But then the kid and I had to find the Customs Office, which for some reason decided to hold onto the package of Christmas presents my mom sent us. No car, and the bus only gets to within about a half hour walk of the place. Then, once we schlepped the box back to the bus stop, had to wait there another 15-20 minutes for the bus. There was frost all over my hair, and even on my son's face. Hardest thing I've done in ages was walk out the door today for a third time to get groceries, after we got home from Customs.

QOTD: Books.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Friday.  SRD today.  Getting packed for trip to Portland with wife and our two collegiate kiddies to see our oldest daughter.  We can't wait to get the whole family back together for a week.  Maybe get in a family trail run on Christmas morning.

mecrowe: +1 try old shoes again and ice massage does help. 

NH : Good one.  I'm sure we'll hear a bunch of jokes now.  Doesn't the Big 10 have an award in her name?  Guess they'll rethink that.

QOTD:  cookies

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Trail Monster

Bird, that sounds delicious!

Mike, sorry about the foot. And based on your QOTD answer I guess I know why you're not allowed out to play in the woods!

Sandy, nice 6!

Sugnim, sounds fun! I'd be afraid some believers would start shooting though!

FTYC, thanks for the reminder. My fish could definitely use a good scrubbing. 

Kelly, enjoy the day off!

Mandy, awesome! Cool boss!

NH, sounds like a good Saturday!

AT, enjoy the family time.

Hike/walk day for me. Going to be on the dreadmill because there is ice and yuck outside and injury is not on my list of Christmas wishes.

QOTD: I have to pick one thing? No way! Food, coffee, running, family, friends, sweet tea, good books, hot baths, romance, etc. I'd miss it all!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

pinches self- yup still here, hooray!  

seems like there have been a lot of close calls the last decade when the world was going to come to an end, I'm sure someone is working on the next one

got nice (easy) 6 mile run in last evening, strength training this evening

qotd: damn near everything....... well except- bad traffic, slow internet, people who eat with their mouth open, stubbing your toe, people who talk loud on their cell phones, spam emails, smokers, paying taxes, stepping in gum, stepping in dog shit, mosquitos, people who sneeze and don't cover their mouth, bad hair days, hot weather, cold weather, diarrhea, constipation, litter, people who smell bad, flies on your food- other than that I'll miss damn near everything Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Mike, sorry about the foot. And based on your QOTD answer I guess I know why you're not allowed out to play in the woods!

The answer was a joke........but perhaps I make jokes like that too much at home as well.  Blush

Ultra Cowboy

Did a 4 miles during DD2's basketball practice with the middle 2 miles as tempo intervals.  The clear cold weather has passed, and the rain and wind have moved in.  Supposed to rain every day through Christmas.  

Hope all you Mid Westerners/Upper Atlantican's are safe and off the snowy roads. 

QOTD - I'm just living in the moment and not worrying about things I can't change...

WYBMADIITY

Save