Trailer Trash

Across The Years 48 Hour RR (Read 74 times)

Occasional Runner

I never thought I would ANY race and I won two ultras in December. I'm deeply humbled by it and I sincerely appreciate all your support and kind words. It means more to me than I can appropriately express. You guys are fantastic.

You can read my blog at this link...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/01/2013-across-years-48-hour-race-running.html

I hope you all have an amazing 2014!

Kelly

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Excellent write up, Kelly.  I found this report to have a slightly different voice than your other reports -- sort of a newness, if you will.  It was wonderful to read and just shows that there are all sorts of stuff that we continue to learn about ultra running.  Huge congrats again on your win!  (Although a part of me wishes you had taken another nap and kept going for those additional hours to see what you could have done.)  I see the appeal of a timed event, but I can't fathom doing one for more than 12 hours personally.  I'm still a trail runner over an ultra runner and prefer my scenery to change.

Would you attempt this again?  Would you try for a record if you did?

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I did so much stuff during those 41+ hours you were out there running.  I was following the thread here and checking the results and I just kept saying "damn he's still out there running".  I don't even know what to say...the whole thing is mind boggling.  Congratulations on crushing your goals (and really rubbing that nay-sayer's nose in it).  You're a machine!

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

Congratulations and excellent work out there. It was sort of fun "watching" you out there via the thread and live link that ATRunner posted. I could tell you had it wrapped up on New Year's Eve as long as you didn't pull the plug. BTW, on my run today I saw a PBR can on the side of the road. Looks like someone around here paid you a tribute. LOL.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

C'mon Kelly -- couldn't you have eked out another lap or two after your nap?    Congratulations on a stellar race; see you in a couple of weeks!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are freaking awesome, I love reading your blogs/RRs! Awesome job!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LB2

Well done, Kelly. I am interested in seeing how you feel during and after the 50K. I think I would have gone completely insane after 24 hours on that one. Congratulations again.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Would you attempt this again?  Would you try for a record if you did?

Thanks, Mandy. I definitely want to do the 24 hour next year. I think I could put up a lot of miles in that race. I want to explore a 48 hour record, but I need to go to the race with that goal. When I met my goals this year, I was satisfied, which forced me to lose interest in chasing it. Whatever...I won. There are no regrets.

Occasional Runner

BTW, on my run today I saw a PBR can on the side of the road. Looks like someone around here paid you a tribute. LOL.

That's awesome! I can't believe I haven't received a check from Pabst yet. I do a lot for that brand and I get NO love!

Occasional Runner

C'mon Kelly -- couldn't you have eked out another lap or two after your nap?    Congratulations on a stellar race; see you in a couple of weeks!

I can't wait for Coldwater. I'm coming back to AZ next week to preview the San Tan 50k course and run the Coldwater 100 course. I'll fill you in on what I learn.

Occasional Runner

You are freaking awesome, I love reading your blogs/RRs! Awesome job!!!

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Occasional Runner

Well done, Kelly. I am interested in seeing how you feel during and after the 50K. I think I would have gone completely insane after 24 hours on that one. Congratulations again.

I DID go completely insane. I'm going to take the 50k easy, but it's a pretty flat course so we'll see how it goes. I haven't looked at the competition yet, but it doesn't matter. Running for Aravaipa means I get free entry to all their races, so I have very little to lose.

Sandy-2

Fantastic.  Congratulations.

I still feel like I am recovering from CC100, it is unbelievable to think you did a 200 mile jaunt.  I was following you online a lot of the time, of course I went to sleep twice while you were circling the track.

One question, did Jo stay up the whole time as well?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Snowdenrun

"Like most average runners, winning is not something I expect to accomplish."

I have something to tell you... you are not an average runner. You're hard core. You set high goals and push yourself to reach those goals. You pretty much rock. Well done!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

+ 1 million to this.

"Like most average runners, winning is not something I expect to accomplish."

I have something to tell you... you are not an average runner. You're hard core. You set high goals and push yourself to reach those goals. You pretty much rock. Well done!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)