Trailer Trash

Frosty Friday (Read 20 times)

LB2

I guess it is frosty somewhere, but it was a nice 49 degrees here.

QOTD: Have you ever been to Mardi Gras?

Yes. I don't like it. But we are off on Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras. I like that part. I have been to the big parades in NOLA a couple of times. I was even attended a Mardi Gras Ball once during college. It was fun until we all had too much to drink and someone stuck his finger in my grits. It got a little ugly at that point. I don't like people messing with my food, and those were some really good grits.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I will probably skip running today and just go to the gym, unless (shocked) I decide to do a few miles on the road which I don't see happening. Trails are a mess right now from the snow, ice, heavy rain the other day. A slippery ice crunchy mess. That said I did run about 4.5 miles on the local trail last night. You could actually run on most of the trail, though there were a few skating rink patches that I tiptoed around. I kept it pretty slow and easy though. It was sort of funny, I ran this same route on Wednesday right after the snow turned over to rain and my footprints in the snow/ice were still there, frozen in time. The Lady's too. Also very strange I've been running this same route a lot the past month as it's convenient and typically see just one or two people. Last night, with the most awful trail conditions all year I saw a half dozen or more, including another runner.

QOTD: Nope, never been. I seem to recall a neighbor hosting a Mardi Gras party once though, at least I think so. I remember the beads but did not see any boobies. Could have been the alcohol.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, it's frosty here.  We got a bunch of new snow overnight.  I'll run tomorrow most likely.

QOTD: No, and I never will.  Not my kind of thing.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

TM run yesterday due to Ice Storm. Even roads weren't safe.  Though about using screw shoes or Yaktrax's, but branches and trees were falling all over with the weight of the ice, so payed it safe.

QOTD:  Never been, but we would like to experience it sometime. Brother's been and said it's worth a one time shot.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yes. I don't like it. But we are off on Monday and Tuesday for Mardi Gras. I like that part. I have been to the big parades in NOLA a couple of times. I was even attended a Mardi Gras Ball once during college. It was fun until we all had too much to drink and someone stuck his finger in my grits. It got a little ugly at that point. I don't like people messing with my food, and those were some really good grits.

I read that a bit differently.  Glad you clarified.

QOTD - I was in New Orleans for New Years back in the 90's.  What a mad house.  My favorite memory was when first arrived and ordered a Jack and Coke at 3 in the afternoon and the bartender asked if it was for here or to go.  The boobs get old after a while.  Also, in the state of New York, it's legal (for the most part) for women to be topless in public.  There's a hipster beach in Queens where a lot of sunbathers go topless.  Mostly bohemians and Europeans.  Again, gets old after a while but you don't have to buy beads.

Missed my run last night.  Hope to get either 6 on trail or 8 pavement pounding tonight.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Haha, me too.  "Kiss my Grits" does have a different meaning, so wan't sure if this was some sort of Louisiana awakening.

LB2

QOTD - I was in New Orleans for New Years back in the 90's.  What a mad house.  My favorite memory was when first arrived and ordered a Jack and Coke at 3 in the afternoon and the bartender asked if it was for here or to go.  The boobs get old after a while.  Also, in the state of New York, it's legal (for the most part) for women to be topless in public.  There's a hipster beach in Queens where a lot of sunbathers go topless.  Mostly bohemians and Europeans.  Again, gets old after a while but you don't have to buy beads.

Haha. And yes, they are pretty laid back on the open container thing on the street...

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The boobs get old after a while.

Say it ain't so!  Boobs never get boring!

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 5 frigid miles this morning.  I was dodging icy patches like crazy but no falls so it was a success.

Someone said Boobs - now we should be getting more people commenting versing lurking. 

QOTD: Never been and don't really have a desire to go.  I don't like crowds.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Someone said Boobs - now we should be getting more people commenting versing lurking. 

Yea, maybe Kelly A will stop by for a comment. 

Mandy - I'm glad you responded, I really wanted to, but took the safe route (plus, I figured Warden would be the first one to comment.)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a day late and a dollar short!  I have to fully agree with Mandy, can’t use boobs and boring in the same sentence 

well the weatherman got it right yesterday- 45 degrees and rain in the morning, noon snow and 30 degrees, 4:00 pm when I got off work 8 degrees, still snowing and wind out of the north at 25 mph   Soooooo - strength trained at the gym instead of hitting the trails. Not looking good at the moment, 2 degrees with a forecast high of 9- if the wind subsides, might hit the trails

qotd: have been to NO and enjoyed the visit, but never for Mardi Gras

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Say it ain't so!  Boobs never get boring!

Ha!  Maybe it's not the boobs that got old, but me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My running group is getting larger.  Today we had 8 ladies and 4 dogs (3 males and 1 female).  We ran 6 miles.  It was pleasant.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  No, our town puts on a parade and party.  I went once.  I visited New Orleans and partied on the famous strip but not near Mardi Gras.  No really my thing.

Berto-O:  Thanks for point that out...I missed it.  Crap I may be maturing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Berto-O:  Thanks for point that out...I missed it.  Crap I may be maturing.

DON'T DO IT !

It's much more fun to act juvenile.

Sandy-2

Boobs, beads. . .  dang seems like I missed the party, I thought it wasn't 'til next week.

I plan to run after work today, just slow and easy since my hamstring was kinda wonky yesterday (feels ok today).

qotd: No, but I did spend a New Years Eve on Bourbon Street once, that was pretty interesting. The thing I remember was that the Sugar Bowl was the next day so there were also huge crowds of football fans all over the place.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL