Trailer Trash

Saturdaily? Anybody.....Bueller? (Read 31 times)

Occasional Runner

I ran a quick 6 road miles on the way to the gym this morning. Jo and I are at the airport headed to Phoenix for my 48 hour race. I love running in Arizona and am hoping for big things from this race.

QOTD: Any new years resolutions?

I want to ramp up my overall health and fitness for 2014. I don't have a plan yet...but that's the goal.

muppy

7 last night and 5 when I get off work in a few minutes, it's a gorgous  55* in central PA today!

Good luck on the 48 hour race Lace!

QOTD I try not to make resolutions, if I want to do something to improve my self,  I just do it. I'm not looking forward to all the resolutions people in the gym, but they be gone by valentines day.

Occasional Runner

QOTD I try not to make resolutions, if I want to do something to improve my self,  I just do it. I'm not looking forward to all the resolutions people in the gym, but they be gone by valentines day.

I HATE the gym in January. There's a sudden swell of confused, difficult people that will gradually taper off during the first quarter of the year.

Sandy-2

20 miles this morning at an ok clip.  Perfect weather, about 45* and relatively low humidity, short sleeves and gloves.

lace_up, good luck at ATY.  Watch out for Yiannis Kouros.

qotd: No resolutions.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 8 trail miles this morning, just not really feeling it for anything longer, the

constant gunshots didn't help-one was so close I had to stop and see if they

were hunting me.

Good luck in AZ, lace.

QOTD: No new resolutions here. I've got some good running goals though, I learned

a great deal in 2013.

XtremeTaper

Hello all!

Gorgeous day here in PA. Mid 50s with sunshine today. Took LadyB out to Green Lane today and we ran the lake loopie with a little extra for 14 or so miles. Lots of fair weather hikers, horsey back people, and even a few runners out and about. After my run went home and the wife wanted to go to the gym so I tagged along, did some stretching, a few weights, a 400m/yd swim, then luxuriated in the hot tub.

<Rant>

Something a bit unusual happened at the end of my run and it really ticked me off. There are many places to park to pick up the trail around the lake but when I run the lake loop I like to park in a lot adjacent to a local elementary school. They've just recently posted a sign at the entrance to the lot "official school use only" but I really didn't pay it any mind. So when I finished up I see this Police SVU sitting in the school lot just chilling. I sense he is waiting for me and is going to give me the 3rd degree so I run another mile and yep he's still there. I go over to my car and he gives me a notice about "how this lot can't be used for trail access anymore as the school has deemed it a safety issue blah blah blah." I guess parking a vehicle at a trailhead is now dangerous to the children. Cripes. The world is going nutty. There are other trailheads but that's not the point. I've been parking here for like 20+ years

</Rant>

QOTD: No resolutions here. The new gym I joined a few weeks ago has a pool and I've been doing some swimming as of late. No, not training for an Ironman. I just like the water, and I want to get up to swimming a mile for some reason.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

I HATE the gym in January. There's a sudden swell of confused, difficult people that will gradually taper off during the first quarter of the year.

Lace - It's called the attack of the resolutioners. Coming soon to a 3D Cardio theater near you!  Good luck with the 48 hour.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

hi all!  got in 5 miles with Griffin, my borrowed GSP.  he was a bit confused as his owners don' t normally take him running, but rather hunting.  It was a beautiful day on the prairie, but blizzard warnings for tomorrow.

qotd: haven’t decided yet.  dreading the gym next week...

Marley and I took it easy on a short (4 mile) trail run.

QOTD:  I don't do New Years resolutions.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

12 miles in shorts and sunshine.  Doesn't get any better than that.

QOTD: Nope.

Running is dumb.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Easy four miles of recovery running on the road this morning.  Legs felt surprisingly peppy after yesterday's 20 miler, which I take as a good sign that recovery times are improving thanks to the 24 day holiday running streak.

Next year: more running, more racing, and hopefully more bike rides.

moonlightrunner

I'll sweep the daily today I guess.

Lace: good luck in AZ. As for your resolution...how does someone who runs 100 mile races on a regular basis become MORE fit?

All you PA runners: so jealous of your weather! I guess it got up to 40 here today, but I was at work all day. It is supposed to be fridgid by Monday when I'm off.

No miles yesterday, today or tomorrow. Just work. I am making some Enchilada Chowder to take to work for everyone. New recipe. Hope it is good.

Happy trails to all!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k