Trailer Trash

On my run today, I saw... (Read 525 times)

Trail Monster

I picked up an entire box of nails scattered on the trail today. My guess is some kids thought it would be funny to cause a bike to have a blowout. Thankfully I remembered to pause my Garmin before I stopped. Wink

Mike, you'll have to depend on Jeff for carrying. I'm pretty much a pansy when it comes to moving heavy objects.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I picked up an entire box of nails scattered on the trail today. My guess is some kids thought it would be funny to cause a bike to have a blowout. Thankfully I remembered to pause my Garmin before I stopped. Wink

Mike, you'll have to depend on Jeff for carrying. I'm pretty much a pansy when it comes to moving heavy objects.

Nice job on the nails!   If we find a couch this weekend....I guess we'll have to burn it then.  Big grin

sugnim

Hey if you guys find a decent couch, mail it to me!  Wink

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Hey if you guys find a decent couch, mail it to me!  Wink

mailing the remains after the bonfire should be easy...post up your address and I'll try to get it there in time for Christmas.  Smile

Trail Monster

I'll supply the urn! And then I think FTYC should race from here to sugnim's and see if she really is! Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'll supply the urn! And then I think FTYC should race from here to sugnim's and see if she really is! Wink

I'll make sure of that!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

And here's the pic of the couch in the middle of nowhere:

Chainsaw, anyone?

I'm no expert, but that looks faster than your couch Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We call these urban mustangs , they are wild horses that hang out in residential neighborhoods . This guy hangs out at the County Park where I take my dogs at lunch . He is so used to being fed he walked right up to me . He was aggressive with my dog so I try to avoid him when he is on my side of the fence .

This is another group about 2 miles from the Park on a trail I used to run on at lunch before my office moved , the other direction is all open space as far as you want to go . The horses come into town to eat landscape when the grass dies off

Ultra Cowboy

I'd heard about the Feral Horses in Reno.  I've also heard of a few abandoned horses getting donated to the herd too...

I just saw a guy sleeping under an underpass last night. 

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtnjim

Bobcat tracks!

I was putting in the short cuts that follow the cut for the old telephone lines on the Longs Peak trail in Rocky Mountain NP and came on the cat's tracks following the same route, probably taking advantage of the harder snowpack from when I tracked it in a few days ago.

The trail is all snow now but has so far seen mostly hikers so it's packed unevenly.  C'mon snowshoers!  Get up there and smooth out and pack my trail for me!

JimS

Trail Monster

Sunrise, squirrels and garbage! I picked up two McDonalds bags and a Gatorade bottle Just on the little road section of today's run.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

I saw a bunch of 40-50 year-old cougars in yoga pants. Smile

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... an older border collie on three legs (one front leg amputated). He/she was happily strolling along and took up the opportunity to run with me through the deep snow in the park. Then we played, while I waited for the owner, who had to take the dog on the leash to prevent him/her from following me further.

I always love to see a happy dog!

Run for fun.

Birdwell

streaks of white against a coal black sky. whether you call them shooting stars, meteor's or dreams, they were pretty neat tonight.

Ultra Cowboy

Lots of young lambs.  It is lambing season here on the North Coast. I'll have to get some photos when it is daylight.

WYBMADIITY

Save