Trailer Trash

On my run today, I saw... (Read 525 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Two snowboarders who were using a car (driven by the third guy) to pull them up the mountain on the road. We have more than a foot of snow here, so the road was covered well, almost like a ski slope. Then they snowboarded down again. Looked like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure if the car came out of this adventure without any dents.

Run for fun.

...the Mr. Grumpypants who called us "fucking idiots" for wearing headlamps at Pt. Defiance last weekend.  (Apparently he walks the park all the time and was most likely drunk when he called us that).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I tamed this wild beast, wrestled it into submission, and put it on a leash and took it home with me.

Running is dumb.

Ultra Cowboy

...the Mr. Grumpypants who called us "fucking idiots" for wearing headlamps at Pt. Defiance last weekend.  (Apparently he walks the park all the time and was most likely drunk when he called us that).

I recommend you spray him with your handheld the next time he is in range...

WYBMADIITY

Save

creatures of the night blocking my path,,,

never give up elevation until you have to

I recommend you spray him with your handheld the next time he is in range...

We saw him twice that day.  The second time we all shone our lights in his face Big grin

Ultra Cowboy

MMichael, If you want to do a Monday night run any time I can be to Novato by 5:45ish...8-10 is whayI have scheduled for the next few weeks.

WYBMADIITY

Save

MMichael, If you want to do a Monday night run any time I can be to Novato by 5:45ish...8-10 is whayI have scheduled for the next few weeks.

Rocky - sorry Monday night is son's Scout meeting...(and I also need to shed my winter layer before you whip me on the trails)

Maybe in the spring once my wife is done with her Monday night gig and she can spell me on driving to scouts.

btw - is your daughter playing for school or CYO?

never give up elevation until you have to

Ultra Cowboy

CYO for Basketball this Quarter.  School Basketball is in the Fall for girls.  She is also doing Junior High Volleyball.  Games are on Basketball Practice nights.  Makes for a long day...

...Last night I saw about 8 sets of eyes from the blacktail deer feeding along the trail.  Funny I won't see any deer hiking on a wilderness trail, but I'm covered up with them in town at the County park.  Somethin' ain't right about that...

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not right on the run, but on the way back: a huge black bear, right next to the road. It looked like a big teddy bear. Just when I tried to take a picture, it turned and ran away.

The bear was in a residential area (bordering State Game Lands), just 300 ft from my son's school (where kids have recess in unfenced areas), and a pre-school next to it!

Update: I just learned, the bear was captured and taken back to the mountain by animal control yesterday. Maybe I'll meet him there on one of my runs...

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

... other runners shy away from a lot of mud and standing water, while I hardly broke stride as I happily splashed and *SCHLUCK*ed straight through it.  There are less thorns in the muddy middle.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

this afternoon found the fresh remnants of a mule deer kill, not sure if it was coyotes that killed the deer or came across a lion kill and cleaned it up (I've been seeing lion tracks in the area)- only hair, blood and a little stomach rumen was all that was left

this second one might not count as I wasn't running at the time, but was driving home from running Smile  saw three nice bighorn rams cross the road this evening, but was too slow w/ the camera

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... two people in Vibram 5-Fingers, sockless, and a guy in shorts and a short-sleeve T.

Just for the records, it was 13 deg, snowing, 20 mph winds, and snow/ice covered ground, and it was a 6.2-mile FA run.

Run for fun.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Antelope

Birdwell

Pronghorn antelope? I've never seen that many bunched together before. I'll usually see one or two lonely looking ones out east of my town. Where was thIs?

Looks great.