Trailer Trash

On my run today, I saw... (Read 525 times)

Birdwell

An elaborate spread of stuff in a secluded cove by some kid trying to get lucky.

There were blankets, pillows, flowers in vases, food and candles.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rudolph the Reindeer!

No shit, man.

Not technically on a run, but driving there, the sky was clear, and the bright full moon out. All of a sudden, a small, low cloud, perfectly shaped like a reindeer with a slightly "buttony" nose, appeared and started moving toward the moon, always maintaining its strange shape. As it got closer to the moon, it lit up more and more brightly, until it was glowing white with a silvery shine. It slowly passed under the moon, and then disappeared again into the darkness.

This occurrence was as surreal as it was bizarre.

One of those times when I yell at myself for not having been able to catch it on video.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

In contrast to FTYC nice Rudolf sighting, I saw to guys with AK47s gesturing to me that I couldn't continue down the mountain road I was running on.  They were Korean and didn't speak any English (why should they by the way).  Anyway, they got no argument from me.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

found out I wasn't the only predator on the mountain Saturday- fresh lion tracks (going the other way than I was)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... A Blue Heron enjoying breakfast at the creek. It flew away as I was approaching, I wish I could have Taken a path a bit further out to not disturb him, but there's no alternatives there. But he looked spectacular.

Love my early morning runs!

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

... a wood turtle crossing the road.

I stopped and helped the little guy get through the last few feet of road before a car would crush him.

I see turtles in that spot maybe once or twice every year, seems they are wandering around to find a winter shelter?

Run for fun.