Trailer Trash

Wild and Wet Wednesday (Read 19 times)

LB2

I got out for my 45 minute run this morning, but I finished the distance in 37 minutes (tempo run?). I'd say it wasn't quite a tempo run, but it was pretty quick for a 4 mile loop on the slick trails. I ran in an older pair of Hoka road shoes that have a lot less traction than I needed. I hit a bit of slick clay and sort of skied down a little hill, landing on my butt. It was a great way to shake the cobwebs from my head this morning, almost as good as coffee.

QOTD: Speaking of coffee, how do you make coffee at your house? French press, percolator, Mr. Coffee (electric drip pot), old fashioned drip pot, etc.?

I just have a Mr. Coffee coffee maker. And I like it just fine. I think a French press would be better, though. But, I have never had one of those.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a nice 6.5 miles last night in the hood.  Lots of kids out playing around as schools are all out now.  Good title to the day as it is wet here too.

LB2 - got to like when you the pace is good even when you're not trying to.

QOTD: We don't drink coffee so we don't even have a coffee maker in the home.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

LB2 - got to like when you the pace is good even when you're not trying to.

A cool front passed through last night with some rain, but it really dropped the dew point and humidity this morning. So, I think that helped. It has been stifling the last three weeks.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yesterday was good running weather: 62F, light drizzle for part of the run. Had a really good 6.3 miles. Today debating whether to just run easy or do a light interval workout since Wednesday evening is my club's track workout. Saturday is Laurel Highlands 50K and the temperatures are looking a little too warm, high of 77F. I'm also worried about those early climbs since that was what led to my DNF at Elkhorn last year.

qotd: Bought a Mr Coffee after my old $10 coffee maker died earlier this year after 10 years of service. I like the delay setting on it so coffee will be ready for me on days I have to set my alarm and get up at a specific time, e.g. race days and travel days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

Didn't run this morning before work, late night dealing with family

issues. I plan to get one in after work, really need it today.

QOTD: I use the pour-over method. It's about as simple as you can get

for making coffee, and it makes a great cup.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 5-ish in yesterday evening w/ a couple of decent climbs; legs not too sore (or feet), but definitely felt a little "heavy"

will strength train this evening

qotd: we have a Tassimo- similar to the Keurig, but you can also do lattes, cappuccinos, etc as it has little milk disc dealios- reads a bar code and knows what to do with whatever little disc you stick in- easy-schmeasy lattes 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Another cool gray day here but the weather is suppose to make a turn for the warmer tomorrow I believe. Plan is 5-7 miles tonight on the lake trails. I have not run all week. It feels weird.

QOTD: I use a coffee maker to make coffee! Just a small 2 cup one as I am the only one that drinks it in my house. Have a normal size one when we have company.

WCRunner - Good luck at LH. I thought the weather forecast looked pretty good. Warm, but not 80's or 90's as the high like some years. It always seems humid there in the morning plus all those early climbs have you working hard. Things will get easier after mile 8.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Saturday is Laurel Highlands 50K and the temperatures are looking a little too warm, high of 77F. I'm also worried about those early climbs since that was what led to my DNF at Elkhorn last year.

Just relax and go wit it. Some of the climbs are a bit steep, but not technical, so pace yourself and run when it flattens out. Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Noting planned for today, I'm still in Sloth Mode.

Might do a nice AT run tomorrow and hand out frozen Snickers to the Thru Hikers. That's always fun, and they love the "Trail Magic".

QOTD:  Tea drinker here, but DW uses the Keurig for singles and Mr Coffee for pots.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Back home for a few days to get some things done. Brought home one of my chainsaws as there is a lot of forestry type work in my yard to be done. Actually I should have gotten up real early to do that just to be neighborly.   Need to hit the weights and then maybe some tempo type work in the Arb.

QOTD--Have basic Mr. Coffee things at home and cabin. For my car and canoe camping I have a couple french presses with my newest being this Stanley one that works great. On backpacking trips I'll use some Folgers little bags like tea bags that work great and keep it simple and light. No instant coffee for me.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Got in about 5 walking miles yesterday as I'm trying to incorporate it into my routine. Kept a brisk pace. Heading out for 4 or so miles soon with a friend.

qotd: An electric drip at home. For camping, I use the starbucks instant though I do have a mini french press. I usually despise instant, but the starbucks one is decent and it's a lot more convenient.

And XT, aren't the regular sized coffee pots for two people?

Sandy-2

Got up and did 5 before work today.  Had to get my sh*t together and get up, because I can't run after work today.  It was a little cooler than it's been, but not much.  Still humid though.

qotd: we use a drip coffee maker, we buy beans and grind them ourselves, I think the fresh grinding improves things.  I also use the Starbucks Via instant packets when traveling and I only have access to hot water.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

URD.  Wanted to get in a short easy effort so my legs could recover after yesterday, plus my mileage for the past 7 days has been pretty good.  Unfortunately got out of work about three hours late and have to head back in for a evening computer class so there just isn't enough time .

QOTD: Right now DW uses a Keurig.  She's the addict, I'd almost rather die then drink the stuff.  Interesting how different our taste buds can be. Even one sip leaves me having a very bitter taste in my mouth for hours.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run but hitting the gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Mini coffee pot at home but work where I drink it 5 days a week is Keurig.  It tast better at work.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄