Trailer Trash

Why isn't it the weekend yet? Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Long week and we're still two days away from the weekend!  Between visitors, school crisis and a gym accident resulting in bruised ribs for  little DS, this week has been endless. The weather has finally turned, so that's an upside.  Probably no running today, but I will be going to yoga at lunch, which I need more than a run.

qotd:  Weekend plans?  Hold on to your seats as we have a wild one planned: Swim practice, Chem tutoring, loads of homework support as big DS has an 8 page paper due on pharmaceuticals in Big Ag.  Maybe some garden/yard/house work.  I'm hoping we can get out to the Bay on Sunday for some paddling.  Oh, and some running. definitely some running.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy recovery run planned for today.

QOTD: weekend plans look like they will include shopping for a new GPS watch. My old, trusty, FR 205 looks like it's in its death throes. Wouldn't turn on for me last night, though I finally got it to turn on this morning and currently have it charging. I think I've had it for 12 years or more, so I've gotten  good use from it. My quandary is what to replace it with. Main concern is decent battery life, 12-15 hours, without having to spend $400-$500.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Thursday!  My foot is tinging, and I have about a 50% ability to walk on my heel, so it's improving.  Based on what I've seen with patients, I should be good to go this Saturday since full nerve function usually comes back quickly after the tingling starts (think of the tingling after hitting your "funny bone" but not the painful part). My right calf is sore from walking around and using other muscles to do the job of the ones affected by the nerve injury.

Now the sad part is the weather forecast is for 91 degrees and 65% humidity. Being a nerd, I checked the chart and that's a 103* heat index. WTF.  Oh well, I can only do what the day gives me.  I wasn't trained for a PR anyway, so my adjusted plan is to not get zapped by the heat early on and see how I run through the night.  I might have to make a few pit stops into the car for the AC. DW's racing also, and she was hoping to hit an 80 mile goal, but now she's thinking no PR as well. She does better in the heat than I do, so I might end up pacing her.

QOTD:  See above.  After the race, I plan on relaxing by the pool and eating burgers and dogs and having cold adult craft beverages (variety and quantity - To Be Determined).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Easy recovery run planned for today.

QOTD: weekend plans look like they will include shopping for a new GPS watch. My old, trusty, FR 205 looks like it's in its death throes. Wouldn't turn on for me last night, though I finally got it to turn on this morning and currently have it charging. I think I've had it for 12 years or more, so I've gotten  good use from it. My quandary is what to replace it with. Main concern is decent battery life, 12-15 hours, without having to spend $400-$500.

George, I use the Forerunner 910XT.  It will last 24 hours if I turn off all the notifications while running.  You can find them online for around $230 now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Happy Thursday!  My foot is tinging, and I have about a 50% ability to walk on my heel, so it's improving.  Based on what I've seen with patients, I should be good to go this Saturday since full nerve function usually comes back quickly after the tingling starts (think of the tingling after hitting your "funny bone" but not the painful part). My right calf is sore from walking around and using other muscles to do the job of the ones affected by the nerve injury.

Now the sad part is the weather forecast is for 91 degrees and 65% humidity. Being a nerd, I checked the chart and that's a 103* heat index. WTF.  Oh well, I can only do what the day gives me.  I wasn't trained for a PR anyway, so my adjusted plan is to not get zapped by the heat early on and see how I run through the night.  I might have to make a few pit stops into the car for the AC. DW's racing also, and she was hoping to hit an 80 mile goal, but now she's thinking no PR as well. She does better in the heat than I do, so I might end up pacing her.

QOTD:  See above.  After the race, I plan on relaxing by the pool and eating burgers and dogs and having cold adult craft beverages (variety and quantity - To Be Determined).

You could always order a nerve block for the race. I have a friend who has a brother in law who is an anesthesiologist. My friend was having some serious problems with his foot prior to the Wasatch Front 100 a couple of years back, so they basically did whatever you do to block the nerves in that foot. He finished the race. He had to freshen up the meds a time or two, but he got through it.

LB2

LB2

I'll get three or four after work today. The mugginess down here is pretty intense right now. Yesterday, I was going to do 4, then 5, but ended up with 6. I felt sluggish, but I actually finished 1 minute quicker than I did on the same route Sunday when I felt pretty good. I was quite a bit quicker on the way out than I was on the back yesterday. I need to work on my pacing some more.

QOTD: I'll run 8 to 10 on Saturday or possibly Sunday morning before church. I only need about 25 miles this week and the same next week before I move up a little more. Taking it slow and hoping for the best as the summer progresses.

LB2

muppy

10.8 miles on the rail trail.

QOTD I will be working. Saturday night we are going to the circus with the tickets I won. Monday we are doing a cookout type thing. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD: looking to get a mid day run in or two, plant the garden, drink more beer than I should in front of a camp fire.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My old 205 is on the fritz too.  Have you done a couple of soft resets and cleared all the history, etc?  That helps me sometimes.  Mine has troubles syncing these days, but is still mostly working.  I've had its battery replaced once already.  I'm currently eyeing the new Garmin Forerunner 735, but that's dropping $450.  Ouch.

Howdy gang!  I ran 5.5 sweaty miles last night.  Planning on another 7 tonight.  I'm on track for a post-surgery monthly PR if my feet can hang in there.

QOTD: Unpacking and organizing.  Running.  Possibly some beverage drinking on the deck.  We had a bike camping trip planned, but had to cancel due to the move.  Sigh.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My old 205 is on the fritz too.  Have you done a couple of soft resets and cleared all the history, etc?  That helps me sometimes.  Mine has troubles syncing these days, but is still mostly working.  I've had its battery replaced once already.  I'm currently eyeing the new Garmin Forerunner 735, but that's dropping $450.  Ouch.

Couldn't do a soft or hard reset. It was totally unresponsive. Wouldn't turn on; just a blank screen. I found a new 910xt for $185 on the Factory Outlet Store, so I ordered that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Getting my gear ready this evening for the Bob Open this weekend; my partner has bailed to nagging knee pain, so going solo this year. The weather has been and appears to be lousy. Snow has been stacking up, so snowshoes are no longer optional. I had hoped to combine a little running with hiking this year and was shooting for a 2-3 day finish; that's out the window and now hoping for a 4 day finish. My running pack, a 30 liter pack has been put back in the closet, larger pack with warmer clothing and more substantial shelter added. Here's the rosy forecast 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run since Monday but (fingers crossed) tonight is it.

Warden - uh....rain and snow....so sorry

AT - take it easy this weekend.

QOTD: buying a new mower, strawberry picking with the family, family get-together Saturday afternoon, finishing my little paver project (that is taking too long), buy some plants/bushes (maybe???), cookout Monday at a neighbors, and running (I hope)

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Came home from work feeling totally dead, fell into bed and set the alarm for 2 pm. Woke up at 4. Trying to get myself together enough to run some errands, then I'll head out for 6-8 miles on the roads around the house.

QOTD:  Long run tomorrow,  work a rare overnight 8 hour shift, yard work and shorter run on Saturday, longer run on Sunday. Back to the slave galley on Monday for 12 hours. That will probably entail driving around at the tail end of  all the parades in our coverage area because our supervisor is big on doing things like that.

Sandy-2

Hi Trailers, still crazy busy so I didn't have time to read all of the above, will try to later.

Ran 5 mi after work on Thurs, was able to run but it wasn't easy and today the heel was a bit sore. So this morning I did 45 min on a stationary bike instead of running. Totally boring but no impact on the foot.  The plan is to keep on the stationary bike for a while and hopefully bumble through the 100k in 2 weeks. We'll see.

qotd: dinner out with friends Sat and Sun nights.  Maybe drive to the beach and hang out tomorrow.  No Memorial Day here...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL