Trailer Trash

Teeth Tuesdaily (Read 23 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Just go back from the dentist for a regular visit. I still get happy when I hear "no cavities".

There's a break in the rain, so I'm heading up to the woods to get a bit muddy.  Will probably stay on the AT and say hi to some wet Thru Hikers.

QOTD:  Have you done any trail maintenance or clean-up work (either paid or as volunteer) recently?  Did some clean-up work at an area know as Hammonds Rock a few weeks back.  The crew removed 48 bags of trash, 17 tires and a company provided a large vacuum truck to get all the broken glass.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We are getting some glorious moisture here, rain and snow mix. We've seen abnormally high temperatures (20 degrees above normal), with no precip for a couple of weeks- it was very much looking like we could be the next Alberta.

Going to run 6-ish this evening in the snow and love every minute of it!

qotd: haven't, the local trail group gets together every couple of weeks, either maintaining or building trail, will try and get out with them next go round

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Should of an at 5 in the morning when I laid wide awake in bed.  6 :15 came and all of a sudden I can't get awake.    So I will run after work.   Nice having two options now.  Gym at lunch for gore.

QOTD: ummm no

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Cold, damp and drizzling rain. Not very nice running weather. I was planning on going up on the mountain for 10-15 miles but don't really feel like it.  My ankles are sore and this weather just makes me feel really blah.  Maybe I'll just do a light jog on the treadmill, a trainer session and follow that up with some stretching and strength training.  If it was in the 60s I'd head out in the rain. Guess I'm just being a wuss.

AT- Glad to hear the teeth are holding up.  Nothing worse then bad chompers.

Warden - We had been dry, now we are in a wet pattern.

Queen - I woke up thinking it was about 6;30- 7:30, crawled out of bed and realized it was 9:35 .

QOTD: Just general stuff of picking up some small to medium branches.  For awhile I was picking up Aluminum cans along the road up on the mountain. Figured out that the max I can carry back while running is seven.  For some reason 90% of the cans are beer cans.  I have a few downed trees that I want to clear but now I'll wait until turkey season is over so I don't mess up someone's hunt.

About a month ago I talked to a DCNR employee who was out marking some trees. Asked him if anyone would care it I was cutting downed trees or weedwacking and he said I should be free to maintain any established trail.  He wants me to register with the DCNR as a volunteer. Apparently if I do that and get hurt the state may cover the injury under workers comp. Just haven't had the time to call the ranger about it yet.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all. I am doing a 5k race tonight on the trails of Warwick Park. It's a 4 race series, first race is tonight, then once a month. I did the race last year in the fall and it was a good way for my slacker self to get in some faster running. I'll take the Lady along for some warmup/cooldown miles. So I will probably get about 7 miles today.

QOTD: I should do something more organized, but sadly I have not. I do pick up offending trash when I see it and when there are small trees limbs blown down that I can drag off trail, I definitely do that. I've moved some fairly long hunks of trees at Coventry Woods and other places.

Queenie - Yeah.. I hear you on the gym. It's a gorey place!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Today is a rest day. I swapped it out with yesterday when I ran a nice, easy five on the trails around my house.

QOTD: I cleaned up my own personal trails Sunday evening.

LB2

runtraildc

Got in just under 4 with a friend earlier. Meant to go farther, but she wasn't feeling well. Something about sushi last night, so I did not question it. Might get to the gym for some gore, also, but we'll see.

MT-glad to hear you're getting some rain. If there was a way, I'd send our rain clouds out your way. I think we're on day 14 of rain or light precipitation. Miss the sun.

qotd: After working for a trail organization for over a decade, I have let my trail work ethic slide. I don't usually pick up trash even, but thankfully, I rarely see anything.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My road Ts with a friends rode...I often joke that she has a closet eater on her road (lot's of fast food trash) and I have a boozer (mini booze bottles and coors cans).

GORE Gut/core = gore! 

For some reason 90% of the cans are beer cans.  I have a few downed trees that I want to clear but now I'll wait until turkey season is over so I don't mess up someone's hunt.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Made 9 miles before I had to cal it quits.  Rain did not hold off, so I was wet and cold. Saw 5 Thru Hikers and they all looked miserable except for a French guy who was having a great time. He said the weather wasn't bothering him at all and he had been taking in some extra miles to see the views when ever he saw a Blue Blazed trail.  It was nice talking to him and he had a classic French accent, so all I could think of was Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther movies.

About a month ago I talked to a DCNR employee who was out marking some trees. Asked him if anyone would care it I was cutting downed trees or weedwacking and he said I should be free to maintain any established trail.  He wants me to register with the DCNR as a volunteer. Apparently if I do that and get hurt the state may cover the injury under workers comp. Just haven't had the time to call the ranger about it yet.

PA is pretty strict with that, and I did it years ago and update my information from time to time.  I think that they are worried that if you aren't registered and get hurt you might sue them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon folks,

I did an hour this morning on the AT near Bear Mt., had the whole place to myself. I also

sampled a section of the 1779 trail, another trail I can add to my repertoire.

QOTD: I've been maintaining the 3 miles of trails on our co-op's property, but for

very selfish reasons. I occasionally do some trail maintenance in Harriman SP.

I've also recently volunteered with Riverkeeper for their annual Hudson River cleanup.

Gator eye

Got some miles in this am

Qotd. We have very few trails around my neck of the woods and those are open to trucks, 4 wheelers, motorcycles, ect... It would take a garbage truck to clean up some of these trails. It's a shame really.

No I haven't done any trail maintenance.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran 6 last night while DS had soccer practice.  I hope this starts me into a nice groove again.  Totally slacking!

Jon!!!! Nice to see you.

QOTD: No, sadly

Have a good day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I plan to run after work today.  I went for my annual physical this morning, evidently I'm still "alive and kicking." Really a waste of time, but I also needed a "medical form" signed by a doctor for the TNF100k, just a silly piece of paper that they require and the doc signed it, but said some half-hearted statement that "you shouldn't run too much."  LOL.

About yesterday, I also recently had a little contact w/FTYC and mentioned   "...  our little online group are pulling for you."

qotd: I'll pick up some trash and move blow-downs out of the way from time-to-time.  There are a lot of trail hiking clubs around here and they take pride in cleaning up and maintaining the trails. They even post some of these signs; which basically means, be cautious and don't start mountain and forest fires (e.g. no smoking).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL