Trailer Trash

Super sundaily (Read 40 times)

Birdwell

Morning Folks! SRD here.

Enjoy the day!

QOTD: pass

The pooch and I had another great 5 mile trail run in the snow this morning.  It was 22 F and we made the first dog and human tracks in the fresh snow.  There were already tons of critter tracks though.

QOTD: Pass.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning folks! Recovering from Uwharrie (rr soon hopefully) -might try a short recovery run today

qotd: have you ever run an event ill/under the weather/injured?  I wasn't fully recovered from the flu and struggled w/ the race yesterday, not that I would have considered pulling out-too much invested

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

QOTD: once I pay for something, I do it, short of being in the hospital.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trail folks.

I managed 13 miles yesterday, first longish run after an injury, now my ankle

is pissing me off.

Mtwarden: Way to get it done, despite not being 100%.

QOTD: I once ran a 10 mile road race on a Sunday after spending Saturday putting

a fence in our backyard. I finished well but felt lousy, that was my lesson on the

importance of 'rest' prior to a race.

runtraildc

good morning!  SRD for me.  Put in more miles than usual last week and my legs are telling me they need the day off.  Yoga planned for later.

have fun on the trails!

qotd:  I've run races undertrained, but luckily not sick or recovering.

NorthernHarrier

Heading out in a few minutes for anywhere from 13-15 miles on the roads. Should be good. Then I'll probably just be a slug the rest of the day.

TrailTromper--Otters eh? I have those critters all over my property. They even use a couple of my piers in the winter. Love watching them goof around.

QOTD-- I once did a mtn. bike/trail run biathlon when I was very sick years ago. I was motivated to get 'er done as I was racing my BIL within the race. I smoked him so all was good. And if he would have won I had an excuse. Couldn't lose.

On the other hand I have a couple DNF's in ultras I went into real sick and I just would reach a point thinking I am hurting, this isn't fun, and I have nothing to prove. Screw it. Of course in one of them the course took me almost to my car when it looped back to an aid station(too easy) and the other time was the Bighorn 50 and my wife was at the Dryfork aid station at about mile 31 or so. Again too easy.

Uh oh... now what?

Through the fog, mist, drizzle, and almost still dark to the beach and back.

QOTD:  Sure, bullheadedness and blind stupidity are visible traits in my cobweb storage facility.

I ran Crater Lake, then accepted almost three months of no running.

I started (then) CCC100, the DNF came 18 miles in--failure to recognize the many obvious signs offered.

A 50k where I dropped after 40k (in 4th at the time) because my head (and heart) finally accepted I should not have been there that day.

On the other hand, Mudderfell 6-hour, flu recovery, runny nose, headache and a very good 34 miles done.

I still think DNS days should be heeded, but like stopping to eat/drink/rest/recover and then heading

back out being difficult, most stumble blindly to the starting line, chest expanded, eyes blind to the

possible negative stuff.  I think a DNS is more difficult than a DNF--the ego intrudes.

One DNS was the rationalization that Clem needed two more volunteers and we could recover from eight

hours of volunteering that day better than we could the day of running with our bodies so beat up.

The only fully intentional DNS I can recall (mind listening to the growing list of bad

things several days in advance) was an 8k trail thingie.

AT-runner

Tim

URD for me yesterday.  Woke up, started changing for a run and then fell back into bed when the room started spinning.  Wish it had been caused by alcohol and not the flu.  Spent the day in my big comfy chair reading.  Moderately better today, so may try a TM run later.

(edit) - DW dragged me out for 4.5 miles on the snow covered trails. I didn't have much wind on the hills, but it sure beat doing a TM run in front of the TV.

QOTD: Yes, I've run a few races while being ill.  I've never started a race injured, but have finished races after being injured.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 slippery slidey sloppy miles in the snow and ice over the mountain. It was snowing lightly, and nice temps around 25, so it was a nice, yet exhausting run.

Playdate of my youngest DS with a friend, fortunately he's had a good night without croup attacks, and I hope he's getting better now.

QOTD: I don't have a problem resigning from a race when I'm not healthy. Did that once when I was recovering from a broken elbow, and once when I was recovering from pneumonia. Each time I knew it was the right thing to do, no regrets about it.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Started running after midnight last night.  Just an absolutly beautiful night to be in the woods.  Finished up before dawn.  A 20 miler for me, miles 80 to 100 for my runner.  Bringing her in in just under 24 hours for her, priceless.

Also bumped into a few other characters...  EDRW and LB2.

qotd: Yeah, Leadville 100 last summer, bad back, but made it halfway.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Good afternoon! I've lurked a bit, and thought I would say hello....another refugee from rwol.

I get to start running again on Wednesday.  After years of running with the equivalent of a 4th grader on my back (occasionally a 2nd grader), and after 8 years of consideration....I had gastric bypass surgery.  Other than fears of developing diabetes, I really wanted to continue and to ramp up my running.  It became very difficult to run heavy ( as I have been for most of my adult life) after reaching 50.  Now, at 55, it seemed unlikely that conventional dieting and exercise would work ong term since it had not before. I felt I was running out of time.  My surgery was Fef 22, and so far I have lost 21 pounds. I am learning to eat again, and once I start running I will have to learn how to keep hydrated and I will find out how I will manage carbs.  Should be interesting.

Today I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill. I intend to go out on the trails again when I feel my insides have healed enough to withstand falls.  I am starting a 5k training plan, and if I can get enough trails in I will run a 5 mile trail race in April.

FTYC:  My son (now 25) had croup every time a weather front came in...which seemed often since we lived in Denver at the time. It was scarey.  Had quite a few trips to the er....and one that ended up as a hospital admission.  He grew out of it finally at age 7. Good luck.

You all inspire me...I love reading the dailies here.  Happy trails!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest for me today.  My feet were not feeling great yesterday but not too bad today.

moonlightrunner - welcome! Keep us informed of your journey.  Sounds like it's already been one for you.

QOTD: I have definately run races with injuries.  I am stubborn.  Not so much sick but it would taken being bed ridden to not run a race.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Trail Monster

21 miles today.

QOTD: If I paid for it I run it. With the exception of two summer marathons I didn't feel trained for. I figured it was better to eat the race fee rather than the travel/lodging/race fee if I went and didn't finish.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

AT-runner

Tim

You all inspire me...I love reading the dailies here.  Happy trails!

Welcome moonlight runner!  Yes, keep us updated with your progress.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!