Trailer Trash

the weekender (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I ran the Elkhorn 23k this morning- weather was perfect, better than perfect!  52 degrees at the start, 59 degrees when I finished 3-ish hour later, overcast the entire race.  After five weeks straight of 90-100 degree weather, can't describe what a blessing this was (not mention that I did no heat training at all- none).  I'll probably jinx myself, but think I may have cracked into the top 20- that's a big first for me- we'll see when they post the results.

Have some ribeyes sitting at room temp ready to be grilled, potatoes baking, a caesar salad in the fridge and a cold IPA in hand- life is good! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Good deal, Mike!!!

I slogged through 20 miles this morning and drank a beer before breakfast. It was a true slog, but it was better than last week's midday suffer fest. I guess things are coming along okay. But my quads are cooked, I think I ran fast too many times earlier in the week.

5 to 7 more in the morning.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran my 50 k and the weather mayched Mike's.  After a week of 100 degrees I woke up to sprinkles at 3am... the day remained over cast and cool..it was 57 on our way home.  We got sprinkled on but it dumped after we were finished.  It was a hard course and if it would of been hot it would of been hell.  I'll do a short write up tomorrow.

Chores today.. window washing 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

There is nothing better than good food and beer (wine) at the end of a successful day (a day were you accomplished something; a run, chires, whatever).  Enjoy!

Have some ribeyes sitting at room temp ready to be grilled, potatoes baking, a caesar salad in the fridge and a cold IPA in hand- life is good! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats Sue!  sounds we both really lucked out big time with the weather 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Changed my plans and hiked 4 miles with the dog this morning. Our weather has stayed the same: Hot and humid.

LB2

Sandy-2

Congrats mt and QoN!!!  Glad to hear the weather cooperated. I have to admit I think I like mt's post run recovery plan better than Queenies'. 

I've had the exact opposite, last week I had great running weather up in Colorado but now 'enjoying' total swamp-like weather down here in Texas.  Yesterday was the worst 95% humidity and totally stagnant air, it was the same today, but at least there was a little air movement.  I did 15 yesterday and then 10 this morning. Both felt ok to start, but then I was really drained towards the end.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

LB and Sandy- doesn't sound fun 

got out for some active recovery, 6.5 mile hike with Tiny and DW- just what the doctor ordered

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Congrats to Mike and Sue. Nice to finally get some cooler weather for running and racing. 8 for me today. For those who didn't watch it live, the women's World Championship marathon today was one of the more exciting marathons I've ever watched. Well worth watching the video if it's available.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I've had the exact opposite, last week I had great running weather up in Colorado but now 'enjoying' total swamp-like weather down here in Texas.  Yesterday was the worst 95% humidity and totally stagnant air, it was the same today, but at least there was a little air movement.  I did 15 yesterday and then 10 this morning. Both felt ok to start, but then I was really drained towards the end.

I was wondering on my way to work this morning if I was just totally losing any ability to get fit. So, I am glad to read that it isn't just me. My energy levels on Saturday were just totally in the tank. My legs just did not want to go. Sunday was a hike day, and I was surprised at how well I moved despite the mugginess.

LB2

Sandy-2

. . . So, I am glad to read that it isn't just me. . . 

Yeah hang in there, every summer down here I think that I'm the only one suffering, but then when I do a run with my little running group everyone seems to be complaining about it.  We just need to suffer though it I guess, but it is unnerving when training for a run in Oct or Nov and you need to put the miles in now.  I'm really looking forward to doing b2b 20s next month. 

tbd.

LB2

Yeah hang in there, every summer down here I think that I'm the only one suffering, but then when I do a run with my little running group everyone seems to be complaining about it.  We just need to suffer though it I guess, but it is unnerving when training for a run in Oct or Nov and you need to put the miles in now.  I'm really looking forward to doing b2b 20s next month. 

I am starting to think I should find races in February and early March. But the ones that are close enough to reasonably travel to are loops. I don't like loops.

LB2