Trailer Trash

Things we learned about trail running from Blair Witch (Read 46 times)

Gumby66

Never mess with monuments along the trail-seriously bad mojo

Bad navigational skills can be a big problem

Add some selfies for dramatic effect

Bad stuff much more likely at night

If you hear a twig snap off in the distance, you're going to die

AT-runner

Tim

Always have a good headlamp.

NEVER lose the map (Heather).

Have a warm hat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

I dress strange and run with a funny gimp whenever people are in my area, this makes me the weird crazy guy that's always running through the woods. I'm sure kids in my area have started ghost stories with me in mind.

LB2

Most people are afraid of the dark.

I am glad you posted this. I remember when this movie first came out, and everyone was going nuts about how scary it was. I found the movie a little creepy, but I didn't really find that it was as "scary" as people said it was. Basically, if you are comfortable running or just being in the woods at night, it was a bit of a let down. Even before I was a runner, I spent lots of time moving through the woods at night, blood trailing deer, coon hunting, playing as a child. I grew up in the woods.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Most people are afraid of the dark.

I am glad you posted this. I remember when this movie first came out, and everyone was going nuts about how scary it was. I found the movie a little creepy, but I didn't really find that it was as "scary" as people said it was. Basically, if you are comfortable running or just being in the woods at night, it was a bit of a let down. Even before I was a runner, I spent lots of time moving through the woods at night, blood trailing deer, coon hunting, playing as a child. I grew up in the woods.

The only thing I find "creepy" about the woods at night is when there are an odd number of glowing eye balls.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jamie, before this crreps you out, remember that this is probably either an alien, or the 'coon you just stepped on in the dark.

Run for fun.