Trailer Trash

Almost to Friday...THURSDAILY (Read 18 times)

moonlightrunner

Got nothing. But the coming warm up is something fun to look forward to. I'll be wearing gaiters to ward off slush and a tank top.

QOTD: pass

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

SRD. Drive into work today wasn't too bad, some icy patches.  So we had 17 deg the other night and in a day or two we'll have 75 deg.  Around here if it's a north wind it'll be cold and a south wind it'll be warm. Maybe you do need a weatherman to tell ya which way the wind blows... (A Dylan reference for all you youngsters.)

Moonlight, your running clothes sounds like the opposite of typical Texas winter dress;  flipflops, shorts and a down jacket.

qotd: I got nothin'.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis, DW and I got in 3-ish miles on the trails yesterday evening- it’s a mix of heavily snow packed and ice- without traction devices you’d make it maybe 100’ or so

plan is to hit the trails after work, we might be breaking the freezing mark!!!

qotd: who loads the dishwasher at your house?  I do- my DW can fill the dishwasher with three or four plates! 

I never gave it much thought, but maybe it’s been a ploy the last 30 years so I do it????!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  Still trying to decide if I take another day off to rest my knee.  It may not be a bad idea that this point since it is still tender.

I feel the warm air coming in and look forward to running in temps in the 30's and 40's.

QOTD: What's a dishwasher??   Ours has been broken for a while now and I have been slow to call a repairman.  So we're washing the dishes ourselves and trying to teach the kids to do their own.  They are so lazy!!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful snow run this morning in Caledonia SP and some on the AT. Roots were all covered, so took it easy and enjoyed the views. I needed a run just like that to recharge my running energy.

If if I used Dreamer’s bedroom tape measure, there was 6” of white stuff. 

Sandy - I ready that in my best Dylan voice. My sons plays a lot of Dylan when he does gigs. DD#2 doesn’t sing any of his stuff, but should, he had some great lyrics. How’s your son doing on his music.?

Moon - only one post today, must be recovered from Grandbaby and race.

Jamie - what’s a repairman. At our house, that’s called Me.

warden - awesome tip on keeping bottles upside down. That’s a new one for me, and makes perfect sense.

QOTD: Mix it up depending on who’s home. However, DW usually empties it, and she makes sure I know she does it more than me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

We're going to the climbing gym tonight.  I was supposed to run yesterday, but well, it was windy and cold and I was tired and insert other various excuses here...  I walked the dog for 20 minutes instead.  I'll run this weekend when it's warmer.

QOTD: I do.  And I have no method whatsoever.  Sometimes the boyfriend tries to be helpful and unload it, but then the tupperware winds up in weird places and I can't find where he put the whisk, so the kitchen mostly remains my domain.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 4 with the dogs.  Had tyo be at work on time for a meeting so had to cut it short.

QOTD:  Good one...our dishwasher broke so we got a new one.  My husband hates the dishwasher (I think he thinks it's for lazy people)  so he puts nothing in it.  The point of a dishwasher is to put your daily little things in there so that your counter and sink is not cluttered with dirty dishes or even cleaning dishes drying on a towel.  So I load in dish washer what he leaves laying on the counter.   thanks for letting me get that off my chest!!!

moonlight:  That sound horrible!!  I may actually hit the road or TM in those conditions.

Mr Jamie:  Take another day off.  What is your teams name?

AT:   grow up!!

Mandy:  Tupperware in the dishwasher causes things not to completely dry!! I never put Tupperware in there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

6.5 road miles with my running buddy. God, we were flow today. A lot of our route had ice and packed snow and slush. And it was windy and cold. Seemed to only warm up for the last half mile.

qotd- me or the kiddos. This is one of the least favorite chores in our house. DH avoids it like the plague. But to his credit, he fixes it when needed.

Daydreamer1

Spent a lot of time on my feet yesterday then did a nice 30 minute elliptical session and my foot is feeling decent. Hopefully back to gentle running running this weekend.  Nothing today due to working.  Took off the night shift so I was hoping to get in a workout but my mother called me with some questions about eye surgery. She's getting her cataracts removed (finally) and they want to put in stents to control her glaucoma.  So I'll head over there to discuss that with her. Not that I really know anything about it.

Sounds like from now on I'll have to use a ruler and take pictures so people know I can measure correctly .

QOTD: Dishwasher.  Got/gave DW two of them many years ago. One totally left the house and the other is still around but drops the dishes on the counter and rushes back to the basement .

Our planned kitchen renovation includes putting one in. I'd rather have the cupboard space.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

good one

QOTD: Dishwasher.  Got/gave DW two of them many years ago. One totally left the house and the other is still around but drops the dishes on the counter and rushes back to the basement .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I first read this as you had a flow run where ever thing was perfect...as I got to the end of the sentence I realized you meant to say slow.

6.5 road miles with my running buddy. God, we were flow today. A lot of our route had ice and packed snow and slush. And it was windy and cold. Seemed to only warm up for the last half mile.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run yet, but planning on going out snowshoeing in the sun. It's cold, but beautiful on the mountains!

Was skiing yesterday, and the chairlift was broken, so we had to walk uphill quite a bit every time to reach the bar lift - a bit tired today from all that walking. Good side of this though, we did not feel the freezing cold temperatures (10 deg, night) because the workout kept us warm!

QOTD: Oh, dishwasher, that's me! 

Ours is broken, too, not the dishwasher itself, but the countertop above it has melted away, and now there's nothing to hold the dishwasher up because it can't be screwed onto the countertop, so everytime we open the door, the dishwasher tilts and empties all the dishes onto the kitchen floor. 

Have to call the landlord to get that one repaired. I'd really hope to get a brand-new granite countertop now. Oh wait, the landlords are lawyers. Never mind. Chipboard instead.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

How’s your son doing on his music.?

Son's music is basically on hold at the moment. I think he's mostly playing for fun now.  It's just impossible to get anywhere unless you know someone or very lucky.  He decided to pack up his tent and move to KC to be with his GF who is in grad school. He's a bar tender at an upscale restaurant, he says he likes it, for now...

qotd: DW and I put our own dishes in the dishwasher as we go.  After dinner my chore is to clear and load the dishwasher, while DW does the packing of leftovers and does the pots by hand. Have to be careful not to over-engineering the packing process, need room between those dishes for the water jets to do their thing ya know...

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, I can totally relate . Optimizing that water flow between all these “components” ...

its an occupational hazard for you to be put to chores around the house 

qotd: DW and I put our own dishes in the dishwasher as we go.  After dinner my chore is to clear and load the dishwasher, while DW does the packing of leftovers and does the pots by hand. Have to be careful not to over-engineering the packing process, need room between those dishes for the water jets to do their thing ya know...

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my DW over “optimizes” the water flow- four or five dishes kattywompus basically filling the dishwasher- I have to rearrange them anytime she puts more than one in- again, probably much smarter than me and a 30 year scam to make me chief dishwasher

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √