Trailer Trash

Thunder Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I was all laced up and ready to go outside and then thunderstorms hit.  Radar shows it's moved in faster than last night's forecast and it's going to last a while.  Looks like a UTMD (unscheduled treadmill day).

QOTD:  Who has a green thumb out there?  Any gardening secrets for flowers or veggies?

I'm the gardening laborer and DW has the green thumb. I get to run the tiller and move dirt and DW swoops in and makes things grow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Thunderstorms moving through here, too, lasting much of the day. Yoga and rowing at the gym instead of running. Managed to eke out 2 miles last night. It was one of those days where a run kept getting pushed back by other things.  I am glad I got myself out for 2, which is more than zero.

qotd: Me. And if I had to choose between running and gardening, well, I'm not sure how that would come out. I do 90% of the labor, but DH is brought in for special projects (construction- ie. new raised beds) and the kids for labor (they helped move 3 cu yards of mulch this weekend). I also have a community garden plot in rock creek from when we still lived in an apartment.They're near impossible to get now and it'll have to be pried from my cold, stiff hands. One of my garden neighbors finally gave her plot up, only because she is 90 and nearly blind so driving to the park 'was becoming difficult' 

Daydreamer1

26 years ago i was standing, dazed and groggy,  in front of a church full of people looking at a minister.  He asked me if I wanted to remain a free man, able to go to and fro as I wished with no restrictions and nothing to hold me back. To continue to roam wild and free. Of course I replied "I do".  The lovely young lady at my side heard him ask if I wanted to be tied down to years of diapers and dishes, of having a a "real boss" in my life. One that would clean me up and make me respectable .  And she says I answered "I do". I still accuse her of drugging and tricking me into that situation .  I must say, however, that it's been a pretty good 26 years since then .

So, today is a rest day. I was going to run but the ankles are beat up from the recent increase in mileage.  In addition to that I'm surprising her with tickets to Sight and Sound theaters in Lancaster.  They put on world class shows with a biblical theme. Currently they are showing the story of Jonah.  After that it will be Mexican food unless the "boss" has other ideas.

QOTD:  I  hate gardening.  I'd almost rather starve. In fact I really hate game law violators, especially game hogs, but before I'd have a big garden I'd have to seriously think about turning to poaching. (shhh...don't tell warden ).  The interesting this about this is that the only thing that kept me from being in the farming business was a few life events.  At that level I was always interested in managing field crops. Probably has to do with the fact that on a farm you get to use machinery to till the ground, plant and harvest.

NHLA

A long walk with Sandy this morning might run latter.  Usually Sandy wants to run but today he wanted to stop and smell anything stinky.

Park was flooded so He came home covered in mud. What a storm last night.

qotd  I went from being mother's yard boy to DW's yard man. I hate it but I'm good at it. Learned from mister B. He was the head ground's keeper at USM. He was one of the men who taught me how to work all day.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Anniversary, DD!

We have some rare sunshine right now, but of course I'm inside at work.  Hoping it lasts through the day when I head out for my dog walk.

QOTD: Definitely not me.  My mom is a huge gardener, so I just look at her pretty flowers when I visit.  I have zero desire to garden, although I might be willing to do a vegetable garden someday when we have space.  Until then, I'll stick with our CSA.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

....  Usually Sandy wants to run but today he wanted to stop and smell anything stinky....

You talking about me again?  Ya know, some things should be kept confidential.  

I actually got up very early and did 10 mi before work today, I started running at 4:40am, yikes.  It was  49 deg this morning, which I guess will be one of the very last times we'll see temps around here in the 40s (or lower 50s) until next Oct or Nov.

qotd:  Nope.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good title since it's dark and dreary here and this morning I heard thunder rumble...no wait that's the garbage truck.    No run yet but that is stupid of me since it is going to start raining any minute.  Oh that's right, rain isn't fatally.     Thinking of going home at late lunch to run and then just staying home.   Ran three days in a row and maybe a day off will be good for my heel.

QOTD:  No...DH likes house plants I buy them they last a year or two and then they die.   He also created garden beds for me (hey I didn't even ask ) and no much grows.   As someone said somewhere I get a couple of tomatoes that equal about $5 each.  We have tall pines...lot's of shade..not good for growing.  I would be more interested if we had a good sunny location and when I am retired.

Daydreamer:  Happy Anniversary

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD- congrats on your anniversary!  re poaching- I've already alerted the local warden

my hill repeat session was tough yesterday, they always are and never seem to get easier- what's up with that?

even though my legs say rest, going to try and get 5-ish in after work

qotd: no; I love fresh veggies out of a garden, but am no gardener; we have raised a few gardens in the past and have always enjoyed the rewards, but you learn quickly it's a lot of work

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure what I will get in tonight but looking like a gym night.  Raining like crazy.  I mean, non stop and pouring.  All day.  Just waiting for the reports of flooding to come in.

DD - 26 years eh? What's the key to a happy and long marriage? (I'm not asking because I need the advice, just looking for your typical snarky answer )

QOTD: No green thumb but I have done my fair share.  I learned a few years back, quite by mistake, that mushroom soil works really well in growing anything.  Better to use in moderation , mixing with other soil, but works great for flower beds, veggies and growing new grass.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

DD - 26 years eh? What's the key to a happy and long marriage? (I'm not asking because I need the advice, just looking for your typical snarky answer )

Learn those two very important words..........."yes, dear" .

Actually I think we both learned to overlook the little things. I can't really believe the crap I see some couples fight over.  Another thing is for both people to be in a bad relationship before you get involved with each other. She had the boyfriend from hell and I the girlfriend from hell. We figured out that living in hell isn't nice and to avoid it.