Trailer Trash

MDI Marathon trip photos (Read 25 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hopefully this will work. Here's the link to the photos I uploaded to FB.

MDI Marathon and Acadia NP

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Says "Sorry, this content is not available right now".

I sent you a friend request, if that helps.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I confirmed the friend request and also changed the access to Public. Hopefully that works, otherwise I'll have to post the photos individually and I think there are almost 40 of them.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Daydreamer1

Nice pictures George.  I was able to see them by following the link, then logging into my account.

So many beautiful places to visit, so little time.

muppy

It's really beautiful up there and it loooks like you had a great time, congratulations George!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thanks for sharing.  You had a smile on your face in every picture! 

That area is one of my most favorite areas.  DW and I honeymooned in Maine.  DW and I stayed at a remote cottage on a lake in Maine back in 2001 and did a couple days "down east".  It was so much fun.  We went up to Cadillac Mtn to see the sunrise at some ungodly time (like 4:30 or something).  Funny story about the beach- being from New England I knew that the water at any beach up there is cold in June no matter the air temp.  DW, not being from New England, did not know  or believe this.  We went to the beach in Acadia and she said she wanted to just run and jump in.  I tried to tell her... Needless to say she learned that cold meant cold.  It was quite a scream she let out.

I had thought about trying that marathon (back in my short lived marathon days).  Maybe when the kids get a bit older and DW can jet away for a mini vacation.  It's a great time of year to be there.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Nice photos, beautiful spot. Sort of what I pictured it would look like.  Did you notice or have issues with road camber in the second half?  Read comments about that somewhere (marathonguide.com maybe?). Maine is on my list of places to see.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did you notice or have issues with road camber in the second half?  Read comments about that somewhere (marathonguide.com maybe?).

Nothing of significance in the way of camber that I noticed. The biggest issue, and it really wasn't a problem, was the edge of the pavement crumbling so you had to be careful not to run too close to the edge. The shoulder wasn't always good footing so I stayed on the pavement as much as possible. What traffic there was (the course is open to traffic) was very good about giving room to the runners.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

neat looking area!  looks like some good swag too 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √