Trailer Trash

On The Beach - Tuesdaily (Read 36 times)

Sandy-2

Did a quick 4 miles on the Haeundae Beach boardwalk this morning. I'm not used to pushing the pace except for on the downhills, need to do something about that.

In honor of all the Neil Young references yesterday I figured I'd add a little story from my run on Sunday. When I'm on the trails going up/down the local mountain I usually only see hikers, yes decked out in their Himalayan gear, many have a hiking pole or two. But they also sometimes have faint music playing from their phone speakers or I guess little radios. I guess it is a distraction but it isn't loud and doesn't bother anyone. Normally it is this really cheesy warbling woesome Korean stuff with horrible synthesizer a complement. Sunday while bombing the downhill and avoiding the hikers coming up, I came upon this old guy in a straw hat, very tanned and normally dressed, but wait there was something different about the music. It was an electric guitar, took a nano-second to recognize the high pitched solo of Neil on "Down by the River". I looked at the guy and said Neil Young very nice, chosimnida!!! He similes and waved back. Not something you normally hear up on the single track in Korea.

Qotd: Any surprises while running today?

tbd.

LB2

That may have actually been Neil Young, Sandy.

I am fighting with my piriformis right now. I know how to handle it, but I have let it go too long. I'll run 5 to 7 today on one of my favorite country roads. I'll probably listen to a little music, which I rarely do these days.

QOTD: I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by no rain and no pain. But that remains to be seen.

LB2

runtraildc

Well, I ran yesterday so it means that today is a rest day.  I'm keeping the runs light and spaced out.  I'll head to the gym this afternoon after morning appointments.

qotd:  Hmm, what surprises at the gym await me?  Usually, the oddest thing I see is a someone working out in a rubberized sweat suit.  The kind that were popular in the 80's, along with leotards?  And that is usually in January, presumably attached to quick weight loss goals.    My gym is boring and quiet and I like it that way.

XtremeTaper

No beach here today but weather is good beach weather.. hot and humid. No run today, it will be a few days yet. No rush. Did mow the yard last night so there was some walking there, plus swam/floated in the pool and drank a few beers. Ah, the joy of recovery.

QOTD: THe surprise would be if I was running today.

Sandy - Neil Young on trails.. should have been Sugar Mountain.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A shade under 4 last night, got caught in a downpour - that was my surprise.  But it was nice because it broke the think humidity.  Then the rain was gone and the humidity was back.  I hope to get in a quick run tonight.  DW and I celebrate 14 years of marriage today.  How are we celebrating - by taking the kids with us out to dinner - why not right?

QOTD: see above.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Congratulations, Jamie (and Mrs. Jamie).

I did 3 miles on the road in the park this morning. After weeks of dealing

with an ankle sprain 3 miles never felt so satisfying.

QOTD: I was a little surprised that my ankle didn't bother me, I'm stoked to

be on the mend!

Occasional Runner

Good morning, trailers!

12 miles this morning. 6 road miles down to my gym, a ride home with the wife after my workout, then 6 more on the trails with the pointers. It was a tad warm this morning, but it felt nice at an easy pace.

QOTD: After 4 days of feeling like death during my run, I was surprised by how great I felt today. I think my diet has been off and that led to a lack of energy. I'm just not eating enough. That's a pretty easy fix.

LB2

QOTD: After 4 days of feeling like death during my run, I was surprised by how great I felt today. I think my diet has been off and that led to a lack of energy. I'm just not eating enough. That's a pretty easy fix.

OR, it could have been my words of encouragement yesterday.

LB2

Occasional Runner

OR, it could have been my words of encouragement yesterday.

That's probably more accurate. Thanks for making it all better, Burke.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Helloo Everyone....(said in a newman like way)

I got in 5.7 with the doggies this morning and than made it to the gym for an upper body workout which had more core than the core class.  I can feel it in my arms...they have that shaky feeling.

QOTD:  I came upon a massacred of raccoons.  It looked like a Mommy and two little guys.  One little guy had his head pulled off the body.  First thought was mountain lion but the hubby said it was probably coyotes.   Looks like it happened a day or so ago.

Sandy@:  chosimnida huh?

Jaime:  Happy Anniversary!  It's ok to bring the kids just don't go where they want to eat..

Kelly:  I don't get people who... "I'm just not eating enough!"

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

8 road miles at 3:30 am which brings me to the QOTD

Fireflies, millions and millions of fireflies. I ran on the paved road just so I could run without any lights.

Daydreamer1

Got up early this morning to take DD to the airport. She's heading down to Texas. Just was tracking her on flightaware.com and see that she just left Atlanta. Last year they had to dodge bad thunderstorms, this year I'm hoping they get into Austin before TS Bill.

I'll probably only get out for 6-7 on the roads around the house today.

Jon - Glad to hear you're back to running.  I cringe every time someone says they sprained an ankle. I can almost feel the snap, crackle, pop .

QOTD: The surprise will be if I actually feel good during the run. Right now I'm feeling tired, rundown and generally crappy.

muppy

12  trail miles that were very slippery and humid.

Jon,   Hope the ankle stays healthy!

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Jamie !

QOTD I was going down a hill  this morning and almost stepped on a skeleton of what look like a raccoon or a possum.  I'm just surprised it's been there that long as it's A well traveled trail.

Sandy-2

Jon - hope you have turned the corner on the ankle. I used to mess mine up, but it's been a while (touch wood).

LB2 - maybe it was.....

XT - a little too technical for Sugar Mountain.

QoN - I can hardly speak Korean, but it roughly means 'very good'.

chosimnida huh?

tbd.

Still wallowing in some self pity today about DNF'ing,  but my legs feel pretty good after my 40 mile jaunt on Saturday, so I'm gonna try to get to the gym for an easy elliptical workout after work.

QOTD: nope, but I might see some interesting folks at the gym I imagine.