Trailer Trash

UPDATED - Run with Scott Jurek on his AT FKT - NEW pictures from Mr Jamie (Read 59 times)

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I got up early to try and intercept Scott Jurek as he attempts the FKT for competing the entire AT.  We were a bit early and DW had to get to work, so she turned around before she could see him.  I continued south and met up with Scott near Chimney Rocks.  He was all alone and I asked if I could tag along.  He said yes and we ran for 6-7 miles back to where his crew was waiting.  Light drizzle and humid conditions. Nice talking with him and giving him what intel I had since I know the next 60-65 miles pretty well.  Talked to his wife for a while and then led her to the next stop at Caledonia SP.

Camera was wet in the light drizzle.

My friend had left this sign for him at road crossing.

Refueling with wife, Jenny.

Maybe Tailwind will give me another freebee for this shot.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Awesome!

Where did you meet him? Do you know what his itinerary (where he's planning on stopping tonight)?

I have the kids to myself tomorrow so there is no way of trying to stalk see him.  I imagine he will be fairly far north by Saturday afternoon especially considering the relative ease he will have in this part of PA on the trail.

But anyways, that was awesome you go to run with him.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Very cool, Tim!    I love the last photo!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Awesome!

Where did you meet him? Do you know what his itinerary (where he's planning on stopping tonight)?

I have the kids to myself tomorrow so there is no way of trying to stalk see him.  I imagine he will be fairly far north by Saturday afternoon especially considering the relative ease he will have in this part of PA on the trail.

But anyways, that was awesome you go to run with him.

He'll be past Pine Grove Furnace tonight, and past the 1/2 way point.  The tracker is working pretty well. If you use that, you can judge where he'll be.  He said he's trying to do 55-58 miles/day the next few days.

AT-runner

Tim

Very cool, Tim!    I love the last photo!

Thanks, Mandy. We met 2 years ago at a 24hr race where my youngest daughter sang the National Anthem.  I told him I had met he and his wife before and about my daughter singing, and he said "the short blonde girl with the sweet voice". Yep, that's her.

Photo from 2013 Sole Challenge 24hr

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

He'll be past Pine Grove Furnace tonight, and past the 1/2 way point.  The tracker is working pretty well. If you use that, you can judge where he'll be.  He said he's trying to do 55-58 miles/day the next few days.

Yup! That means he's sailing right through my area tomorrow.    Oh well.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Fun...good picture of you....and him. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Yup! That means he's sailing right through my area tomorrow.    Oh well.

Take the kids out to see him.  Make a morning or afternoon of it and pack a lunch.  They can cheer him on and hopefully watch a bit of history in the making.

muppy

Very nice Tim, sounds like you had a good time!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Very cool. I'm watching the tracker to see if I can catch him (Ha, little pun there), somewhere

in Bear Mt area.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sweet!  Would be really neat to share some trail time w/ Mr Jurek- well done

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

That is alright. I hope Tailwind does give you a freebee.

LB2

I think I'm going to miss him near me (Blue Mtn) because I'll be camping near Bear Mountain in NY this weekend, ironically. And then he'll be up there while I'm back in PA. Dang.

Great pics and very cool that you got to run with him!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

AT - hope you don't mind if I share some of mine on here...

Didn't get to run with him but gave the kids a lesson on the way to see him at a trailhead.  He was in and out fairly quick considering Jenny and Karl were there.

Talked to Karl a little after and wished him luck on his attempt for next summer.

My future trail runners...

AT-runner

Tim

Awesome!!!  Glad you went out, what a good dad you are.  Nice for the kids to see something like this.  I din't get to talk to Karl Metzler much, he was busy doing some logistical things and looking for phone service.  I did tell him I'd stop in next year and see him.