Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Cool crisp fall day today. Sun was out, and with it's lower angle in the sky shadows were all across the trail making it hard to see the obstacles. As a result, I had a nice fall. One of my better ones in a while.  What I call a "Turtle Fall" as I ended up on my back lying on my hydration pack. Took stock of things and all was OK.  Sure I'll feel it tomorrow.  Falls like that really take the wind out of your sails and the rest of the run I was ready to get back to the car. I had been running great up until that point.    

Hope the racers and pacers are doing/did well this weekend.

QOTD:  The Hallmark Channel has Christmas movies on every night already. WTF.  Any signs of early holiday activities in your area yet?  We have a house up the street who lit their Christmas lights up on Saturday.  Talked to a neighbor and they told me the father, in the Navy, was shipping out before Thanksgiving and they put the lights up for the kids. I'll give them a pass, since that's an admirable thing to do, and wish the guy good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.7 miles last night.

AT hope you don't feel it too much tomorrow.

QOTD my neighborhood isn't  bad yet. The stores have had Christmas stuff up since Halloween, that's driving me nuts!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice and sunny here- mid 40's- perfect!  going to get a short run in this afternoon

the Elk Ramble 15k went well yesterday; I think I finished near mid-pack which is a huge success for me.  The trail running film festival was last night and it appears my luck is holding out as I won another pair of LaSportivas of my choosing 

qotd: nothing yet that I've seen; but I'm sure there is someone close by that never took down their lights from last year though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

We ended up at an impromptu party down the street last night and shit got out of hand. I woke up with a bit of a hangover, so my plan for a nice long run went out the window. I took the pups out for a short run and my little english pointer set out after some deer, so I ended up going home with only one dog. I went out after breakfast and found her running through a canyon a couple miles away. She doesn't take off often, but when she does, she makes the most of it.

QOTD: We have a residents page on Facebook for our neighborhood and it's been loading up with people talking about the best companies to hire for setting up Christmas lights. Other than that, I haven't seen anything.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 miles in the sun, it was wonderful. But it felt hard, and I was happy when I was done.

AT: Bummer, literally. Hope you'll be alright tomorrow!

Muppy: Nice run.

warden: Congrats on finishing well, and on winning another pair of shoes. There's no such thing as too many running shoes (says the lady who owns now only one pair).

Kelly: The dog was ready for the long run, you were not. Tough mismatch. Glad you got her back unharmed.

QOTD: The stores are bad. Santa Clauses and angels everywhere. Disgusting. Is Thanksgiving still being celebrated?

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 10.4 on the trail with Earl and Jack..that's Jack's longest run.  The plan was to head back to the jeep and put Jack in there and do 6 more miles but it started to dump so I got in.  Was going to run 6 on TM but was hurting a bit (I think from all the wood lifting yesterday) so I stopped at 3.6 making it 14 miles.

QOTD:  There is snow painted on the storefront windows.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Had a nice easy 14.75 on the AT this morning.  Stopped and talked to a fellow runner going in the opposite direction.  I thought he was going to tell me his life story.  Maybe 10 minutes chatting about running and such.  AT-runner - I told to him to look out for you since he usually runs in the Pine Grove/Caledonia area.    He wears what looks like safety goggles but I am sure they are sports googles.

QOTD: DW wanting to start listening to Christmas music now...otherwise I have not been paying attention.

Have a great ...evening.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

11.5 today on the Pennypack Trail today, longest run since June. It's a fairly new rail trail that runs through several parks in Montgomery County. With perfect fall weather, there were tons of families out using the trail. Really enjoying the suburbs so far.

QOTD: nothing too bad besides what's in the stores now.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

AT - that's why I started out on trails at VF but diverted to the roads and paved trail before I tripped and fell or worse. Leaves were so thick that I couldn't see the underlying rocks, just too easy to sprain or break an ankle.

Finished with 6.6 miles still feeling a little leg weary from my 5K yesterday. I keep forgetting how much the short races can leave you tired for a few days.

warden - I'm almost positive I'll be out your way for the HURL Elkhorn 50K in August.

QOTD: We've had our Christmas displays up in the store for a couple weeks. At least we haven't started playing Christmas music yet.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Sunday was more rain here, I ended up doing a drizzly (and dizzy) 5 miles on the trail.

I haven't been saying anything lately, but I have still been having periodic bouts of dizziness. It really sucks because it just seems to randomly come-and-go. However, I think I finally figured out what it is, something called BPPV (yes, the internet is an amazing thing). There are some very simple physical therapy maneuvers, that I did that seemed to snap me right out of it yesterday. I feel like it is some sort of voodoo or junk science, but damn it worked!!! The real test will be if it works again when the dizziness comes back (which I'm sure it will). Anyway, fingers crossed, let's hope such a simple thing helps.

qotd: There are some little signs, we went out to dinner the other night and the local beer has changed the label to red and white with snow and reindeer. Kinda nice, but same beer. (BTW, I didn't drink any, see dizziness issue above.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

I haven't been saying anything lately, but I have still been having periodic bouts of dizziness. It really sucks because it just seems to randomly come-and-go. However, I think I finally figured out what it is, something called BPPV (yes, the internet is an amazing thing). There are some very simple physical therapy maneuvers, that I did that seemed to snap me right out of it yesterday. I feel like it is some sort of voodoo or junk science, but damn it worked!!! The real test will be if it works again when the dizziness comes back (which I'm sure it will). Anyway, fingers crossed, let's hope such a simple thing helps.

I assume your trying the Epley Maneuver. Pure science there, and no voodoo. If it works, the most important thing is to sleep either in a recliner for a few nights or to sleep propped up with extra pillows. If you lie flat, the little otoliths will just go back to the same spot within the labyrinth and you'll get symptoms within a day or so.

Plenty of videos out there on the web. Do them to the side that you feel like your are spinning towards, or the side that when you turn your head you feel symptoms (or have DW see if your eyes flutter).

Good luck. I's one of the wonders of aging.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I assume your trying the Epley Maneuver...    Plenty of videos out there on the web...

Do them to the side that you feel like your are spinning towards, or the side that when you turn your head you feel symptoms...

...  one of the wonders of aging.

Thanks AT !!!!!

Yup the Epley maneuver, so far so good.  YouTube really helped, I don't think I could have figured out the maneuver just by the description.

Actually the first step of the maneuver also acts as a test of sorts, I didn't know which ear it was.  I first did it on my left side and felt ok, I did it on my right side and almost puked I got so dizzy. It was pretty clear which side it was (understatement).  After my "test" I did the whole maneuver on my right side a few times.  I also propped up with some extra pillow last night.  Feel great today, but only time will tell if it works again next time.  I'm still calling it voodoo.  LOL. Good voodoo so far.

Damn, I hate that whole aging crap !!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Crap!

Had a nice easy 14.75 on the AT this morning.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄