Trailer Trash

It's Fridaily (Read 12 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Usually a SRD, but we have plans tomorrow that will get in the way of running, so DW and I are running tonight for 10-12 in Michaux. I know, I said I'm a morning runner, but at least I can drink a beer right after I'm finished.

Good luck to all racers and pacers this weekend.

Go Sandy ! (He's 13 hours ahead of East Coast time, so he's probably in bed now)

QOTD:  After all the Big Lebowski quotes the past 2 days, what is your "go to" movie, or one that you can't pass up if you're channel surfing and see that it's on TV?  I'm going old school with "Blazing Saddles".  Don't think they could make that one today with all the politically correctness crap going on.  "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges."

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.2 miles last night  on the rail trail.

In Central PA we have perfect weather right now,  it was 55° when I walk the dog this morning, can't beat that!

QOTD I can never pass on "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy and Arseino Hall. "Damn shame what they did to that dog!." Best line ever!

Daydreamer1

Waiting for the Culligan man to come to install a new water softener. The old one is 31 years old and has been rebuilt so many times it's no longer worth working on so they decided to replace it. Our water is so bad that it's cheaper for me to rent a system than buy and maintain one myself.  They said they'd be here in the morning so here I sit waiting  when I could be out running errands.  I'm too impatient . Must be old age .

No running today. Going to put in some time on the bike.  Hopefully about 40 miles split between biking with DW and by myself.

QOTD:  Hmmmm...... Movie????? What is this movie thing you speak of ?  Actually have several which is surprising considering that I rarely watch any. I guess the first would be Lord of The Rings, any of the trilogy. Another would be The Longest Day.  A few others like Con Air that I like enough to stop to watch.

NHLA

6 miles yeterday  6 miles this morn. Getting a new roof put on.

qotd  Butch Cassity and Sundance Kid

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the doggies di 7 this morning.  Felt good..no gym or run yesterday..maybe rest days are good.  Going to the gym to do some Inferno Hot Pilates.. which my friend teaches and I have never done.

QOTD: Scarface...I like mafia movies...Steel Magnolia's...bring on the tissues.

AT- I think they made a reference to being ok with taking the  "Asians" but they sure didn't want the Irish. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work and strength train this  evening; getting up at 4:00 am tomorrow for a long run/hike in the mountains tomorrow, my buddy has to try and be back to town by 2:00, hence the early start

qotd: almost anything the Cohen brothers have done; including the Big Labowski which is high on my list

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT- I think they made a reference to being ok with taking the  "Asians" but they sure didn't want the Irish. 

"Alright, we'll give some land to the n$ggers and ch$inks but we don't want the Irish."

(crowd noise)

"Ok, the Irish too."   ~ Olson Johnson

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

75F up in the north country and looking online it is 92F in Madison. Very happy to be here!   Did 90 minutes of mt. biking which will probably do it for me today. I'll get some trail miles tomorrow morning of some sort. My original plan set back in the late fall called for a half marathon tomorrow on some private trails about 24 miles straight east from here. Have badly wanted to run those trails but I'm not gonna spend $75 just to come in DFL to do it.  As I said before I am done racing and I really don't need anymore shirts.

QOTD--Several come to mind but I'll go with Wild Hogs. Tears of the Sun maybe too. And of course about any Clint Eastwood film except his early musicals.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

75F up in the north country and looking online it is 92F in Madison. Very happy to be here!  

Damn you!!! 

It's hot as sweaty balls here.  Only going to be worse tomorrow.  Sigh.  I managed 7 miles last night and have run 3 days in a row, so today is definitely a SRD for me.

QOTD: Movie?  What's a movie?  (Seriously, I don't really watch a lot of movies.)  I don't channel surf either.   Ummmmm...   I wouldn't usually pass up Forest Gump or Good Will Hunting.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Back on the trails with 4 repeats of Mt Joy, about 800 ft total gain.

QOTD: Not too many of the recent movies, i.e. over the last decade, have interested me enough to see them on the big screen. I'm more into the classics and epics. If I see a Humphrey Bogart, Hitchcock, Hepburn (Katherine or Audrey), or epic like Lawrence of Arabia or GWTW, I'll watch if it doesn't conflict with a sporting event I want to watch.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

And of course about any Clint Eastwood film except his early musicals.

Clint Eastwood did Musicals ????????  Wow!!!! So the tough guy thing was just a real act and he's just really a softy .