Trailer Trash

Sue's Sundalies----why not (Read 24 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Left at 1 am which is really 2 am to fly to Puerta Vallarta... Back feels decent but one more day of no running.  PV is too crowded to run unless u do it in the am.

QOTD:  You can move anywhere , where would it be?

QOTD2: If it had to be in Arizonia where would it be?

Me, I would move back to Northern Michigan because it's beautiful and to be near my family.  AZ, I don't know but my husband wants to move there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ sounds like fun 

had a really nice run yesterday- 16-ish miles

going to get 6-7 miles in today, that's the plan anyways

qotd: I don't think I could do much better than where I'm at now, but maybe the Alps 

in Arizona I would definitely chose Flagstaff- very nice college town, mountains, but not overly harsh winters and close to the desert if you need to get away from the cold- easy choice for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Short trail run yesterday and then a memorial service. Went to dinner last night and Gettysburg is getting busy with tourists already. Town was packed, but the bartender is a friends daughter, so she snagged us a table and we line jumped a bunch of people. I pays to know the bartenders; it's an Irish thing.

Waiting for rain to let up and well head out for a long run. Woke up to sirens this morning and news said there was a fatal shooting about 2 miles away on the road that we drive to the trails. Road is closed right now. Not sure what happened, but too close to home for my liking, and this stuff never happens around here.

Sue - have a great trip.

Warden - nice pictures. Almost cracked a smile.

QOTD:  2 kids on the west coast and 1 on the east coast, so maybe Utah since Southwest Air flies direct to there from Baltimore and Portland.

QOTD 2: Agree with Flagstaff.  Can drive south for golf and north for the Grand Canyon. Skiing and great trails right there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

bagge_pants

Gym swim after work

Qotd - I really like Catalina

Qotd 2: Oatman az, I would reanact a gun draw at high noon and collect tips from the tourists then drive to Kingman area in the afternoon and peakbag hualapai peak and camp out then return to oatman the next morning. I could do this for a few months before it became boring.

Daydreamer1

Had a nice 11.4 mile run yesterday. Legs were a little sore but they wanted to go. Had planned on doing 11 but felt so good when I got to the car that I couldn't stop so I tacked on the additional 0.4. If I would have had the time I would have went for 14. It's nice to feel that good.

Spending today at work.

QOTD:  Not sure on this one.  At this time it would probably be eastern TN or western NC. Why?  Closer to where the extended family is scattered about. Nice 4 season climate, plenty of trails and nice scenery.  Idaho might be a close second. I'd have to compare hunting opportunities at both places.

QOTD 2:  Somewhere with easy access to the Grand Canyon so probably Flagstaff.

runtraildc

Just got back in from the race.  DS took 7th overall in the 5k, but was edged out of a win in his age group by a ten year old!  (he's 13)   My race (15k) went well.  It's a nice, flat course along a paved biker-hiker trail.  stopped to pick up burgers on the way home, and now I'm ready for a nap.

qotd:  The galapagos (after listening to a NPR program on the drive home).

qotd2:  I've only been to Phoenix and Prescott.  Definitely no to Phoenix, maybe to Prescott.

NHLA

1 hr 30 min yesterday. 6.5 miles today @ Kanuga. They are going to film Dirty Dancing here and in Cashers. Don't know why they didn't use Lake Lure like the original.

qotd  DW and I made a list of 10 places we wanted to live. Only two places were on both list.  Asheville NC and Fairhope AL.

qotd 2  Oak Creek Canyon. AZ.  It looks so much like WNC  there. They have real hardwoods and more than one kind.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Probably nothing today.  Knee is very sore.  This is not a good sign.  Same knee pain I had 2.5 years ago that essentially resulted in a very long time of little running.  I am fairly certain it is quadriceps tendinitis but not sure really how to keep it from reoccurring.  So lots of icing, rest and nsaids.

QOTD: I think I would really like to live in the mountains of VA.  Arizona - uh...I dunno.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up with 13 very wet hilly miles. Ran part of the Ironmaster's course and had some really good climbs. It rained the whole time and was pretty cold as well.  I packed a back up jacket but didn't break it out. I was pretty frozen by the time we got back to the car.  We were planning a longer run, but needed to warm up, so cut it at unlucky 13.

Jamie - good luck. Hope it's just a little sore and will go away quickly.

Sue If DH want's suggestions, Sedona is very nice. Short drive to Flagstaff, but it's a lower elevation and I don't think they get any snow (60* in the winter and 96* in the summer).  Nice town and near some good off road areas. I think it's about 100 miles drive to Grand Canyon.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Today is a SRD for me.  Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to Tokyo.

qotd 1: The US.

qotd 2: Sedona.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL