Trailer Trash

The Thursdailies (Read 28 times)

Another cool Florida morning another 3 mile trail run for the pooch and me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  brain working a little slow today so I don't know what running will be done today.  I do have yoga, that much I'm sure of.

qotd:  see above.  Can't think of anything.  pass.

Daydreamer1

I'm kind of grumpy today.  For starters it's the 50th anniversary of my appearance on this third rock from the sun.  2nd I think I have developed a cold or my seasonal allergies are horrible. 3rd I'm headed off to the dentist for a cleaning and check up. The real reason for the appointment is because I probably have a cavity .

After I get back from the dentist I'll try for a short run/walk. Not feeling like I can do something long. After that I'm going SHOE Shopping  !!!!  Tore up the soles on my Hokas last week. Love the shoes but the soles tear quickly. Might look into some NB fresh foams.

QOTD: The main one I have is too long to get into right now, so I'll go with this one.  How often do you go to the dentist?  I rarely go. I had two cavities filled in the early 80's. Now I brush often, I'm blessed with good teeth and it may be 10 years or more between dental visits.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good morning.  I got out for 5 miles this morning.  Was a bit chilly.  Supposed to be below freezing tomorrow morning.  What?!?

TT - hope you're enjoying Fla!!!

(Edit: sorry DD - I must have been posting at the same time - here's a 2nd question)

QOTD 2: What types of things make you stop on the trail when you are running? In other words, do you stop to smell the roses?

I will stop for a rustle in the bushes/trees ahead, a great view or vista, a turtle in the middle of the trail, certain flowers that seem to be all alone and interesting to look at, and....large hills (stop enough to start hiking).

Re: QOTD 1 - I go every 6 months and then when needed.  Hmmm...I just cancelled my appt last week - need to reschedule soon.

Oh and happy b-day DD!!!!!!! (insert dancing banana...or something).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I didn't run yesterday so I could do an errand for the hubby.  Plan is lunch time 5.  The thighs are sore but I am able to walk normal for the most part.

QOTD1:  I do my cleaning 6 months.  It's all paid for by insurance so why not.  Probably will stop when I am retired .

QOTD2:  Pretty much what Jame said just add I also stop when Earl stops to sniff something.  I'm in the woods.. what's the hurry.

Happy Birthday DayDreamer...50 hmm it's not so bad.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Hey, happy b-day DD!

Probably an unscheduled work cluster f&^% day for me, with new projects threatening even my Saturday ride event or having me try to ride 200 miles and climb about 18,000+ feet in a sleep-deprived state  Not that I am bitter or anything ....

Daydreamer1

It's official, I have a cavity that will need filled . Oh well, it could be worse I suppose. DW's teeth are really bad, she may only have two or three teeth that aren't filled or capped.

QOTD 2:  Bears, and not just so I can avoid a confrontation, but so I can watch them. Nice views. Occasionally I'll stop just to listen to the sounds of the woods.

I don't stop enough, I'm too performance oriented, always pushing to have a better time. Last year on some of my longer runs I was stopping and sitting down, taking a few minutes to eat.  Made for a more relaxing run.

Tonight Chris McDougall is having a fun run & book tour event in Philly so I'm heading to that after work. Should be a good time.

QOTD 1: every 6 months

QOTD 2:  A really nice vista or a very serene/surreal place in the woods will get me to stop. Hence why I was so slow at Hyner . They don't make trails like that in Philly! 

<----------New avatar pic from Hyner View, above the clouds! (Well, above the mist/fog at least)

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon.  Pleasantly cool 10 miles on trails today.  Felt really good, but I think I'll skip Ironmaster 50k this weekend since my 24hr is in 1 month, and I really don't need to overdo it.

Dd1 - Happy birthday and welcome to the over 50 club.

runtraildc - Those Blubell pictures yesterday were enough to make me sneeze.  I must have Dd1's allergies.

T&C - you look way too happy after that climb for your Avitar (I assume that's from Hyner).

LB2 - saw a huge turkey on my run today.  Biggest one I've seen in Michaux.  Made me think of you right away.

QOTD1: Was a regular patient but dentist pissed me off with all of the add on charges (for shit I didn't need) so it's been a year or more now.  Looking for new dentist.

QITD2:  Vistas and water make me stop to look.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD I'm back. Whew, what a week I had last week. To make a long story short, I ran in the mountains at around 7000 up to 8500 feet of altitude. I killed my first Merriam's gobbler at about 7800 feet of altitude. I called up another one for my friend's son the last morning of our hunt, and he killed it. I drank some beer; I sipped some whiskey; I hung out with DPC3 and some more folks. We did not catch these birds right to really have some exciting hunts, but we were blessed to be able to knock down a couple. But, even a bad day hunting in the Gila is as good, or better, than a good day hunting at home. We just don't have the volume of birds they have there.

QOTD: I go to the dentist when something hurts. I do well with the brushing and flossing. But, I had such terrible experiences with a dentist who was a complete douche bag when I was a kid that I just have anxiety about going. I think that guy was a masochist.

QOTD2: Yes. I stop and look or listen all the time. I get a little intense if I am training for something, but I am just sort of rolling with it right now.

LB2

some call me Tim

Another rest day. Still a little sore and I woke to a blanket of freaking SNOW on the ground. 2015 and Froze to Death I say!

qotd1: Every 6 mo. My uncle is my dentist and my teeth have been trouble from the start. This was complicated in my 20s when I had a messy end to a relationship with a girl who worked as his dental assistant and I skipped a few years of cleanings. To some degree I feel like I'm still trying to catch up.

qotd2: I don't stop often enough, but here in western NY any kind of 'vista' is rare. Even if it's a view into a gorge, I'll stop and take it in.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I saw a turkey yesterday and thought of LB2.  I think we all think of LB2 when we see a turkey...  I wonder why? 

LB2 - saw a huge turkey on my run today.  Biggest one I've seen in Michaux.  Made me think of you right away.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

QOTD 1:  Every 6 months or so.

QOTD 2: I sometimes stop for interesting plants, critters, or views.  Once in a while I stop to chat with other trail users.  I don't stop very often though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just when I was hoping to start hitting the trails regularly, I've had to stop. In the only trip and fall I've had this spring, I strained something in the groin area and any downhill running aggravates it. I'm also afraid of tripping again and really making a mess of it. Seems really weird walking the downhills and running the uphills now. Then taking long walk breaks to give it a rest when it starts aching. It's also turned cool again, so now I'm starting to fret that I won't be ready for a possibly warm day at IAT 50K again.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I saw a turkey yesterday and thought of LB2.  I think we all think of LB2 when we see a turkey...  I wonder why? 

I am honored by that fact, America's Greatest Game Bird!!! Two more days and it is all over for another year. I didn't really take any time off from running this season, and I still had a good season: one kill at home, one miss, one kill in NM, called up another for someone in NM (not DPC3), and the best weekend of the year is still to come.

LB2