Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 27 times)

Marley and I took a short walk early this morning and then I went out to explore the trails a little on my mountain bike.  I spend a couple hours wandering around Lafayette Trail Park, Tom Brown Park, and Governor's Park on the bike.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Going out for 6-7 on some easy trails.  Staying away from the rocky stuff until after my race.  Then heading to DC to see the Nationals game vs Atlanta with DW and another couple.

TT - are your wood tools in FL or MD?

Got an early morning text from DD#2 that said she got a B in organic chemistry. Her professor was a real ass and tried very hard to make you either drop or fail.  She stuck it out and made her old dad (who majored in chemistry) proud.  I've always hated professors like that.  I think they have inferiority complexes and have to belittle you to make themselves feel good.

Happy early Mother's Day to our trail moms.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  Got home from work a couple of hours ago and found a box from running warehouse. Opened it up and out pops a nice pair of brand spanking new Altra Olympus 1.5s. It only took them three days to get here but for some reason I couldn't wait. Kind of like a kid in a candy store .  So far I'm not sure if I'll like them or not. Definitely a different feeling.

Have some work to do around the house then I'll head out for a nice long bike ride. I need to get in at least 30 miles today.

AT - Congrats to your daughter on the B. I think that subject would turn my brain to mush.  I've never been able to figure out why someone would go into a teaching profession and then try to fail students.  While I don't really teach I do work with students on their field internships and it's always nice to see people learn and succeed. You're probably right about the inferiority complexes.

TT - are your wood tools in FL or MD?

Most are in Florida already, but my nice hand picked dulcimer lumber, a few key hand tools, and a lot of bits and other small stuff is still in Maryland.  I hope to have it all moved the next trip down.  Actually I also hope to be completely moved then.  I am hoping that will be in the next two weeks and that the house in Maryland will be sold quickly as well.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

5.2 miles  of run/walk on the road and some trails .

Today I was going to take it easy, but I just mowed my putting green at work twice so that's about 6 miles  At a nice pace.

Congratulations to little AT  on her B in organic chemistry !

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day.

Crazy day at work, as it is Penn State's graduation weekend, plus, of course Mother's Day coming up. Not looking forward to tomorrow, which will be just as crazy again. Such is life in a small college town (small town, big college - guess who rules).

DD is off to prom with her date  - I only might have to drive her from the All Night Party to her friend's home for the sleepover. In the early a.m. hours... Which would work out great, as I am planning on an early morning run tomorrow anyway! 

AT: congrats to mini-AT for standing up to a mean guy and succeeding!

Anyone else having common key words (easy, text, Mother's Day,...) linked to an ad website?

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

My double running stroller came in! I was able to assemble it! Then....one tire is bad (bad valve stem or something)...AND I COULD NOT USE IT! I was so mad and disappointed. Nothing is ever easy. I have Wednesday and Thursday off...I hope I can figure it out and get what I need. I am dangling by the end of my rope....I will get to go out for a run at 930 tonight...and boy do I need it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

No run today, but I cut and hauled an awful lot of wood so I am properly sunburnt and tuckered out anyway.

AT: Congrats to your daughter! Organic is a bear of a subject even without having the professor working against you.

TT: dulcimer lumber? You're a luthier?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7.5 early this morning...but I was sweating bullets.  Body is not used to this heat n humidity already.

I have not given up on fixing my AC.  I got it to work but not the way it should.  I should be almost there.  Maybe...

Have a great mother's day tomorrow!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

My double running stroller came in! I was able to assemble it! Then....one tire is bad (bad valve stem or something)...AND I COULD NOT USE IT! I was so mad and disappointed. Nothing is ever easy. I have Wednesday and Thursday off...I hope I can figure it out and get what I need. I am dangling by the end of my rope....I will get to go out for a run at 930 tonight...and boy do I need it.

I hate it when things aren't right when they're brand new. Very frustrating.  If it's something that's too difficult to return maybe a local hardware store could help you out. Some times they have small tires and parts for them.

Jame - There have been quite a few times where I've spent a lot of time figuring out what was wrong with something until I finally got it fixed. More then once I've bought parts I didn't really need until I got it figured out. Education isn't always cheap . Have you tried searching on YouTube for any videos?  Lately I've had a lot of success in finding things on there that are helpful.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

20 mile race and 4 bonus miles, little sore and haggard, but feeling better than I did a couple of hours ago

ditto on the early Mother's Day wishes!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Just reminded me of repairclinic.com. They sell parts, but there's a ton of help there. I used their stuff first to replace the motor in the washer and then later to repair a gas boiler.. and I see they have an AC section

mtwarden, congrats on the race!

I hate it when things aren't right when they're brand new. Very frustrating.  If it's something that's too difficult to return maybe a local hardware store could help you out. Some times they have small tires and parts for them.

Jame - There have been quite a few times where I've spent a lot of time figuring out what was wrong with something until I finally got it fixed. More then once I've bought parts I didn't really need until I got it figured out. Education isn't always cheap . Have you tried searching on YouTube for any videos?  Lately I've had a lot of success in finding things on there that are helpful.