Trailer Trash

Winning Weekend (Read 21 times)

runtraildc

Runniing has been good this week, winning (at life) maybe a bit less so (but all small stuff, no worries). Maybe if I think more positively, I can turn this weekend around. Not off to a fantastic start, unfortunately. Drove almost 3 hours round trip, dealt with a parking traffic jam and crabby spouse to find our DS didn't run his XC race because he's sick. Betting on nerves,  I could have run instead with the group. meh.

So, I hope WC, Queen and other racers are winning at their races this weekend! (and 'win' can mean just finishing healthy).

Ran a couple of miles last night. Will get in about 4-5 today. Not sure when and where, but something will happen. Tomorrow the rain moves back in.

qotd: How's life treating you lately?

NorthernHarrier

It's a stellar day here. The cold front went thru yesterday bringing the mile high blue skies with a crisp, dry early fall feel. Things need to dry out here and that will take a little time. Been doing some chores around here but it's good work all outside. No running today but maybe an hour mountain biking near dusk. Planning on a little longer run in the morning, maybe 12ish.

XT--thanks!  Have to say those marathon times of yours took some real focus and talent. Nice job.

runtrail- I've had a few days like that. Bummer. All you can do is shrug your shoulders, try to smile and move on.

QOTD--Well I hate to jinx myself but life is grand.

Sandy-2

Ran 4 mi this morning in the absolute pouring rain.  It was fun, and the rain made it a bit cooler.

Drop bags are all packed for next weekend.

qotd: Good (slowly knocks wood).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Cool and slightly humid long run this morning on some wet trails. "Slip Sliding Away" could have been the theme for today.  Nice to run on some flat stuff and I pushed the pace for the back end of the run.

Went to see DD#1's boyfriends's father who is in a psychological holding area waiting to go to alcohol rehab.  He tried to kill himself 10 days ago.  Took a bunch of pills and drank until he passed out.  A real eye opener, since nobody knew he was an alcoholic, we just thought he was a social drinker, but you never know what someone does after they leave the party, and apparently he drank all day. No wife or girlfriend, so nobody at home to stop him.

QOTD:  Doing well, but anything in our lives right now is minor compared to what we just saw..

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

AT: Wow. Hope he gets help and comes through.

Me: 12 miles through a cloud of mosquitoes, worst I've seen them here.

QOTD: Okay. Some lingering life and family things could be better, but some life and family things are awesome.

Sandy-2

AT - that’s rough. Hope things can improve now that it’s out in the open. It’s a long and bumpy process. Sending positive thoughts.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Saturday, I ran 7.5 miles; this morning, I am about to run another 5 to 7.5.

QOTD: Things are going very well for me professionally; other than my lawnmower acting up yesterday, my personal life is going well, too. If I have to dig a little and can only come up with a mower issue, things are pretty good. I could use a raise, though.

AT: I have learned a great deal about alcoholism since my buddy has battled with that on an extreme level. He is currently in intensive rehab and won't be back for a year. My friend is lucky he isn't dead. Anyway, he has a ton of issues that he needs to deal with to get to the root of the problem, but he won't seem to rip down the barriers that he has put up over the years. I think you have to get down to the raw emotion and deal with it before you can get better. Anyway, I hope your DD's BF's dad gets better.

EDIT: I ended up only doing a 2.5 mile loop, and that was fine. I need to go work on my mower.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Ran a fast 6 mile tempo run today when there was a break in the rain.  Went slow-fast-slow-fast-slow-fast for the mile splits. Felt pretty good to push the pace and temps were down, so that helped.  Rain started again with about 2  miles to go, and unfortunately I had glasses and not contacts on.  Made for a fun last fast mile.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

10 yesterday morning and 7 today.

WTG Queenie!!!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I ran a few miles each day this past week, and about 3 miles today. It is a lot cooler and less humid today than during the week, and it felt great. Sad thing is that my inner ear problem is acting up a lot these days, and I get vertigo and nausea on every run now. I hope it will resolve soon, it has resolved in the past, so I hope for the best.

AT: I hope the guy gets through it and out alright at the other end.

WTG, racers!

I signed up to volunteer at the Tussey Mountainback 50, which is run in reverse direction this year - a totally new experience! I am a bit sad that I won't be able to run this one, but ... life.... 

QOTD: Not sure if it's good or not so good. Good on some levels, tough on others. A coworker has been sharing some of her family's problems with me, and it is breaking my heart. I can relate to her, so it is hard on me, too, and it brings up a lot of recent issues that my family has gone through, too, but from a different perspective. I try to not get emotionally entangled in this.

Other than that, football season in a football/college town, which makes work - interesting.

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After 22 consecutive days, I've decided to take a rest day. It has nothing to do with running 38.8 miles on Saturday.

I hear Sue acquired a buckle this weekend. Good running there!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.