Trailer Trash

Muggy Mondaily (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Had a nice 20 miler run on Saturday and then worked on my 3 season's room so I could get a roof and paper down before we got hit with 5" of rain from remnants of TS Bill.  Yesterday skipped running and went to the Nationals Game with 3 other empty nester fathers. Then came home and watched the US Open Golf.  Probably do an evening run tonight since I skipped Sunday's run.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and a great Father's Day.

QOTD:  What pack / bottle / hydration system are you currently using?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

4.1 early this morning. I sort of just did nothing this weekend. I did run 5 or 6 Saturday. I'll try to do 6 more after work. I need to start cranking things up a bit.

QOTD: i have a hydration pack, but I mostly use two 20 ounce hand held bottles, UD's. I am thinking about getting a Flip Belt. I have read some good reviews on them, and I think it would work well for me. The only thing I really need to carry is just a couple of gels or peanut butter crackers and Tailwind. I can usually get by on AS food for the most part. I think a lighter load would help me go faster.

LB2

Occasional Runner

12 miles today, plus some time in the gym.

I'm now officially tapering for the Western States Beer Mile. Look for live tracking.

QOTD: I have a never ending pile of all that shit. I just use whatever makes sense at the time, accounting for all the variables.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  I use my Osprey Rev 1.5 on most days, but on Saturday's long hot run, I was low on water and had to stop and refill at a creek (used my Sayer microfilter).  Looking for new comfortable pack with more than 2L's for the hot days when I need more.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

slogged 4 miles in rock creek.   Should have, could have gone out earlier, but I just wasn't feeling it, so paid the price with the late morning humidity and heat.  The first half of the run along the ridge was nice, the return in the creek valley was less so.

AT- nice work on the 3 season.  We got slammed with rain Sat pm/Sun am, though haven't seen any official numbers on amount.

qotd:  I have a couple of handhelds since I don't do the long runs that many folks here do.

Morning. I took off all last week from running, due to a DNF hangover and bitterness but looking forward to getting out there today, even if it's crazy hot. Finally feeling like running again.

QOTD: I have the new Nathan Vapor Airess which i really like, except the sizing is WAY off. I ordered a Small/Medium the first time and thought it might be a little tight, but turns out it was too loose even when the straps were pulled all the way tight. I exchanged for the XS and it's perfect, but I imagine any petite ladies would not be able to use it because of the sizing being so off.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had nice runs of 16 and 12 (Sat/Sun), no running today, bike to work and strength training this evening

qotd: I use a Nathan handheld for shorter runs, my Rev 1.5 for runs under ~ three hours and a Rev 12 for longer runs in the mountains- it has a 2.5 liter bladder, I'll bring my Steripen if I'm going to need more than 2.5 liters

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Heading out for 7 after work. I did not get out yesterday as I made a poor nutritional choice (dairy and high sugar) and that laid me out pretty much for 3 hours after dinner. I will be marking the desert off my "ok to eat" list.

Qotd: I use the mid sized Osprey Rev. I love it. I like to have the capacity to carry stuff. Bug spray, baby wipes, and whatever random stuff I may want. I may wear minimalist shoes, but I am a maximalist stuffer. I love the magnetic bite valve connector.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

DW had the cataract removed from her left eye this morning, the right side  was done two weeks ago and that went well. Since  I didn't get home from work in time to take her to the appointment DS took her.  Now I'm waiting for them to get home then DS and I will take his car to get some quotes on body work that it needs.  At this point it looks like I won't get a run in until this evening and then it will probably be 7-8 miles.

QOTD: Using my Ultimate Direction a lot. I think it's the Highline. I like it and was looking for another one to place in reserve. It looks like it has been discontinued . I liked the fact that it holds a 100 oz bladder and has the two holders for water bottles in the back. If anyone knows where I can find one let me know.  On my long summer runs I simply need more then 1.5 or 2 liters.

muppy

5.5 hot, humid and hilly road  miles yesterday afternoon.

Hope Mrs. Daydreamer has a speedy recovery from her surgery!

QOTD I  have a Salomon S5, the older type with the bladder.  It's the only pack I have but I really like it, and it was 50% off when I got it !

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had a virtually non existent running weekend.  I skipped the LR on Sunday and will go for it next weekend instead.  It was going to be the other way around.  I will get out tonight for a run - distance tbd.

TnC - good to see you are coming out of the funk.  Getting out there is the best thing you can do.

QOTD: I have a nathan pack.  It's ok.  I did notice that it got uncomfortable during my last race after about 5 hours - unsure why though.  I would like to try a UD but I have no plans on getting one anytime soon.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

No run yet today and likely will take a day off as I need to mow the yard (again!) and then pick my wife up from the airport later. I hiked/jogged 2 both days this past weekend but just short 4 mile loop as I had the old springer with me as well as the Lady.  I hope to get back to more regular running this week, at least 4-5 days. Weekend jogs still felt a bit creaky.

QOTD: 1 or 2 Nathan 22 oz. Handhelds, depending on the distance and if racing miles/time between aid stations. I've never ran or raced with a pack.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did 20 miles Sunday.  It's a flat easy run so you run the whole time.  Today is rest day in regards to running, although I am going to the gym at lunch.

QOTD: Ultimate Direction's  Wink.  When it's hot and Earl is with me, I carry too extra bottles in the pack.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

RD for me today and a busy one besides, so it looks like yoga is out. I'll probably squeeze in some mobility work later... calves are reaching perpetual tightness, which is guaranteed to lead to further trouble if left unchecked and will likely take 3-4 days of consistent beatings to resolve.

qotd: There's all the stuff I don't use, and then my collection of 20oz UD bottles. One day I may give a pack or race vest a shot, but for now I prefer to work the logistics and keep it to a single handheld that gets refilled and/or swapped out.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Somewhere around 7 miles in the heat, but no humidity here today. It was one of the few nice summer days this year.

I have tomorrow off from work, so I'll put in some more miles then.

QOTD: I mostly use one 22oz. Nathan QuickDraw plus bottle and refill it at local springs if needed. Sometimes use two bottles (same kind) on long runs.

I use my hydration pack (Nathan, the older model women's vest, 2.0 liter) primarily for races which have long (8+ miles) distances between aid stations. It used to fit me perfectly, but last year it started to chafe me on the back and shoulders, so I don't like using it as much any more. Maybe I'll get a new one some time.

Run for fun.