Trailer Trash

Weekend Wednesday (Read 21 times)

runtraildc

Feels almost like a weekend, doesn't it?  Drove to meet a friend for 4.5 miles this morning and the roads were empty.  Good, fast and flat run this am.  It starting pouring on the way back, which upped the speed.  It was nice and foggy when I got up this morning and got to run in the tail end of it before the rain moved in.

AT-- nice pics yesterday!  And good moves through the airport.  Feel sorry for the folks that lost 48 hours of their trip (or delayed their return home).  Let me guess-- United at O'Hare?

qotd:  Favorite or most memorable run this year?  Mine was at Jenny Lake at Grand Teton NP this summer.  I did an out and back from the visitor center that really was superb and stands out as one of my top runs for the year.  I wanted to do the full loop, but was a bit hesitant since I was solo and had promised DH to be back by a certain time.  And there had been bear activity in the area that week so I was prudent (well only somewhat since I was running by myself).

Occasional Runner

I'm giving up on trail running for a while. The snow in my yard is eye level and the trails are overwhelmed. Looks like I'll relegated to the roads, assuming they're passable. More of this white shit coming down now.

Buy a house in the mountains, they said. It'll be fun, they said.

QOTD: Probably running the Camino de Fey trail in Brazil with my buddy, while Jo crewed for us. An amazing place to run, but I dislike nighttime monkey mayhem.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hi guys!  Sorry I've been MIA lately.  I've been running though.  On track to easily break 100 miles this month. 

AT -- loved the photos from yesterday!  Oregon looks beautiful!

Kelly -- your photos on Facebook are nuts.  We really haven't had any snow yet this winter.  I'm okay with that.

QOTD: Run?  My most memorable outdoors time was probably a hike, but I can pick a run.  I'll go with my race in Arizona in February.  I came from below zero temperatures at home to Phoenix, where it was sunny and 70 degrees.  I got to run in shorts and a t-shirt.  It was my farthest run since surgery.  It was a very good run.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran last night in fog.  Super foggy and I think I ticked off a few drivers as they approached me although I made sure I was out of everyone's way.

lace - I would say I am jealous of your snow but nah...not that much snow.

AT - in your pci from yesterday you look like you were walking.  Slacker!

Mandy - good for you.  Hopefully 2016 is a better running year.  100 mile month is good at this point.

QOTD: The FA I did in August where the one climb was ree-dic-u-lous! And a pretty steep downhill too.  Because of that, it stands out the most.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

6 mile in near 50 degree weather. Best running winter weather ever!

Lace. That's was us easterners last winter

QOTD. It had to be Superior for me. The cliffs, the mountains, the rocks, it was a lot to take in for a flat lander.

AT-runner

Tim

Wet Wednesday at our cabin. Temperature right around 33* so keeps changing from rain to snow, but no accumulation yet. Ran into town and back to get creamer for DW.  Must have looked pretty strange to see a man in tights running with a bottle of French  Vanilla in his hands. Happy wife, happy life, right.

DC- we were still at Dulles. Gate D45 all the way to the other end of Terminal C to get to Customer Service.

Jamie -  good eye. DD#2 was on her first trail run so she wasn't moving very quickly and I didn't want to be in front of her to block her trail vision. Can't believe I got called out for being a good dad. 

QOTD - R2R2R run in April.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.45 this am with the muttlies...3 days of pouring rain has turned my woods into a bright green forest.  The sun shining on the trees only kicked it up a few notches.  I got to work and someone suggested I put whip cream on my coffee!!!   Not to mention the little bitty lead I have over Jamie.  Wow can life get any better than this!!! 

QOTD:  I am going to go with my first 50 miler in July.  It was in a beautiful place that I had never run before and it was my first; POP!

runtraildc:  Does feel like a weekend although I still have two days to work.

Kelly:  Running snow shoes?  Cross Country Skiing?  Snow shoeing?

Jamie/AT:  I thought the same looks like he is walking and looks like he gained 20 pounds.  But I didn't want to embarrass you on face book.    So your slow, your still good looking right?

Gator eye:  Superior is still on my to do list.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Kelly:  Running snow shoes?  Cross Country Skiing?  Snow shoeing?

The snow in Utah isn't really good for those sports. Especially early in the snow season. The snow is so dry, it won't pack well under weight, it just moves around. If the snow is 4 feet deep, I can wear snow shoes and still fall through to the trail. I have a photo from our first winter here that shows Jo "snowshoeing" in snow to her waist. You just can't get on top of it.

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie/AT:  I thought the same looks like he is walking and looks like he gained 20 pounds.  But I didn't want to embarrass you on face book.    So your slow, your still good looking right?

Orange isn't my color, and in the future I'll have to watch posting any pictures with my 105 pound daughter. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spending a rainy wet day at work.

Runtrail -  Roads clear down there, eh?  You should come to the capital city of the great state of PA. Everything's gridlocked. The legislature can't pass a budget that's 6 months overdue and the roads are jam packed with traffic.  Just took us a extra hour and half to make it to the hospital and back.

Lace - Feel free to keep all that snow out there. Helps with the western drought .

QOTD: Nothing really memorable on the run front.  I did have a lot of fun riding my bike back down from Clingman's Dome in Eastern TN this spring. The road is just steep and curvy enough that cars couldn't catch me so I got to lead the charge downhill for about 10 miles.