Trailer Trash

Frigid Fridaily (Read 25 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Should really be freakin cold Friday.  I did get in my 7 miles last night but ended up doing it at the gym.  I just didn't feel like bundling up.  But I hope to get out on the trail in the am for a very cold and windy run. Now to decide what to wear...

QOTD: Speaking of what to wear - any new gear lately? Anything you have experimented with?

I just picked up a pair of calf compression sleeves.  Never thought I would wear them but I thought I would try them out.  I haven't run in them yet.   Not sure they alone will be enough to keep my legs warm tomorrow (single digits and below 0 wind chill).

Have a great weekend! Stay warm!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Fishy Friday?

Anyways, Carpe Diem (or, if you don't speak Latin, here's today's translation: Carp Day   

A bit on the chilly side, at 5 degrees, but I'm taking advantage of working late, and getting ready to head out in an hour or so. It should warm up to humane temperatures by then. Planning on a short run up and down the mountain.

Still recovering mentally from yesterday's ice devil experience, but I think I am over the PTSD phase now. 

I worked late yesterday, and when I came home at 10 p.m., I found one DS sleeping on the couch, his Valentine's Day cards still in his hands, trying to finish them for school today. These school projects are quite taxing!

Jamie: Let's brave the elements - anyone can run at temps in the 70's... (hint, hint)

QOTD: I got a windproof running hat and a windproof headband, and I am very happy with both items. I use the headband on windy days underneath my wool running hat, or solo on warmer days, and the hat on colder or rainy days. Definitely worth the money!

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Treadmill today, and for the next couple of days - I'm not running outside in negative wind chill.

QOTD:  I bought some track spikes on a great runningwarehouse sale.  Haven't used them yet, but they look cool.

LB2

Ran a short one this morning followed by some weights.

QOTD: Nothing new lately.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Anyways, Carpe Diem

Isn't that what the CIA wanted to do way back when in Vietnam?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Friday frigidum (6 years of Latin for me, and Friday is already the Latin word.)  Or Friday piscosos (for Marie's fishy Friday)

Run at lunch outside. You TM guys are going to lose your Trail Runner Card.

From yesterday. I was trying to put on my best mtwarden selfie face.

QOTD:  Nothing in a while, but time for a new pack.  Zippers are starting to pull away from my current pack.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Winter doldrums friday for me.  Actually, all week doldrums.  Did not run on Wed as I stated I would, did not run yesterday (flat tire on the beltway-- loads of fun) and today I attempted the treadmill, based on AT's recommendation.  I couldn't take it after 16 minutes.   Do I still get to keep my trails card?  It's actually the nicest day so far this week, so I will go out for a short run during swim practice.  Winds aren't going to pick up again until tomorrow morning.

qotd:  I got a windblock hat volunteering at Stone Mill that I really like.  I can still hear things, and it's quite lightweight, and very effective.   DH has taken one for his bike commute, which says a lot.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6.5 this am...we have teenagers visiting.  I ran 6 mikes yesterday and then we took the teens on a 5 mike hike....her kegs are too sore to get out of bed!!! What!!!!!  She's a bagger at the grocery store so you would think she could walk 5 miles.

Qotd:  no but I'm going to buy sone Mizuno online...does anyone know if they run true to size or?????

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Still sick, and with temps well below zero for the next few days I think I'll just call this a rest week and try again next week.

QOTD: nothing but looking real hard at one of the light belts from altraspire. Has anybody used one?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 up and down Rattlesnake Mountain. No rattlesnakes around this time of year, luckily! 

It took a bit longer because I have misplaced my microspikes and now have to run in my Yaktrax Pro. They are great, too, only on steep, rocky downhills the spikes are really superior.

AT, your 6 years of Latin make my four years look like Kindergarten. Yet I still knew that "Carpe diem" has something to do with Fish Friday! 

Queen: Mizuno runs pretty much true to size. I have not bought from them, but my sister has, and she is very happy with her stuff.

Now speeding off to work (figuratively, the speeding part).

Run for fun.

Wandering Wally

Got my 5 miles in last night. Working late tonight.

QOTD: A new headlamp. Trying rechargeable batteries in it this winter. So far so good.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

DigDug2

Qotd:  no but I'm going to buy some Mizuno online...does anyone know if they run true to size or?????

Sue - in my experience (which is probably 12+ pairs), Mizuno runs true to size.

LB2

Qotd:  no but I'm going to buy sone Mizuno online...does anyone know if they run true to size or?????

For me, they always have.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT, your 6 years of Latin make my four years look like Kindergarten. Yet I still knew that "Carpe diem" has something to do with Fish Friday! 

I think "Pluck the day" is the literal translation, but doesn't sound as good as "Seize the Day". I like your Fish Day.

AT-runner

Tim

Sue - in my experience (which is probably 12+ pairs), Mizuno runs true to size.

+1, always had consistent luck with Mizunos' and really miss their Wave Ascend shoe.