Trailer Trash

Finally Fridailies! (Read 255 times)

mecrowe

Computer Geek

This has been the week that would not end for me here at work......it just seems to be going on forever....but it is finally Friday and I only have 2 meetings scheduled thus far!  Big grin

9 miles last night on a beautiful evening.  hopefully a few easy miles tonight.....4 or 5 maybe.   Tomorrow we are supposed to have temps in the 60's!  I have to help my sister move tomorrow....thankfully she is only moving about 6 blocks from her current residence, so it shouldn't be too difficult.  Hopefully it won't take too long and I'll be able to get home and I'll be able to get the kiddos outside for some adventure time.  Sunday will be a run on the Laurel Highlands Trail....it is mostly clear of snow once again!  :banana dance:

qotd:    I got nothing....

runtraildc

Morning!

I don't know what is in store for me today.  Friday seems to be the most likely day of the week when my running plan falls to the wayside.  Add to that DH has left for a trip and I have to be the responsible adult in the house.   DS and I have a local, low-key race planned tomorrow morning.  4 miles.  Maybe I need to taper...

mecrowe-- nice run last night!  enjoy the weather.

qotd-- after yesterday's good reads, I've got nothing too.

3 mile snowshoe yesterday  snow is melting, also temps in 40's and rain in WI. Today is SRD.  Moving is hard work, we seem to just get more stuff with each move. Enjoy Today.

racers this weekend PR.

Scrapster

Morning, Trailers!

mecrowe - Nice running yesterday, and TGIF.  I'm jealous of that Laurel Highlands run you've got planned.  Smile

rtdc- Good luck to you and your son tomorrow!  I love racing "with" my oldest, and can't wait until my little ones decide to step it up a bit.

61 - Your snow has to be melting pretty fast too, eh?  Ours is almost gone, so no way I can take the kiddos out on snowshoes this weekend.  Boo hiss.  

As for me, a spinny spin on the bike trainer in the weeee hours, and some old-school Step Reebok in the wee hours.  Pouring rain here this morning, and there is still ice on the roads, so I thought it safest to stay inside.  Hopefully I can catch a break during the work day to get out for some miles.

Check ya later, gang!

sugnim

7 miles last night in a bunch of fresh snow & falling snow.  So much fun.  Today, I need to stretch out my Achilles which is complaining from the snow run.

QOTD:   After a long run on a cold winter day, what's first for you:  Food, Shower, or Stretch?

I always go for stretching, then food in front of the hater.  Shower is right afterward.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

rtdc -- enjoy the race with the shorty.....my son is 4 and already wants to go race with me.  Smile  Can't wait until he can.

r61 -- moving is hard work....but I look at it as strength training.  Smile

Scrappy-doo -- you are welcome to come run the LH trail....pick up Mandy on the way and come join the group.  Smile  Hope you get a break today.

Sugnim -- nice miles...I like running in the falling snow......but I prefer sunshine more. Smile

qotd -- food - shoewr - food........people stretch after they run?  huh?   maybe I should try that some time...

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning boys and girls! Hour at the gym - core workout and 6+ miles on the bike.

QOTD: Food, ....food...food....shower...food. I am with mecrow...what is stretching?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

We are in a light drizzle right now and I'm in a fog. Supposed to get into the upper 40's. We still have plenty of snow so once things freeze up again it probably won't be real good. I'll do some mile repeats this afternoon.

I've been watching the snow depth data and the weather and I'm thinking about an hour south of me at RockCut state park could be some awesome trail running on Sunday once things refreeze So a real long run there is the plan.

QOTD--Well food is a constant for me. Before,during, and after. A real long run on a real cold day-well a long HOT shower can be pretty sweet. I strech about 5x a week but seldom right before a run and never have after. Is that what I should be doing?

Should I have gotten a flu shot?? Wonder if it's too late....

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning, Trailers!

If anyone remembers mnkiwi from the old forum days, she's coming to visit me this weekend!  Smile  I was going to take her snowshoeing, but like Harrier said, the weather here is pretty warm.  Looks like we're going sloppy hiking instead.

I'd be totally down for a run on the LH trail.  Maybe next June!  For 70.5 miles.

QOTD: Shower, typically.  Unless I drove somewhere far to run and am passing a Starbucks on my way back home.  Then it's coffee, shower, food.  What's stretching?  Wink  I made my PT cringe when she checked my flexibility, so I should probably do more stretching.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

qotd:  food, coffee, food, more coffee then shower.   long shower when it's cold.  Thinking about adding a steam shower to a planned house reno.  It would pay for itself in water savings on cold days, right?   no streching-- I save that for yoga.  Smile

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

No bear sighting today this far, at least not around DS's school. Phew! So I let the little one skip along the path from the parking lot to the entrance unaccompanied, as usual (it is just 150 feet or so).

Rain today, temps around 40, does not look too tempting. I have a hair appointment at noon, maybe I should call it a rest day. Perhaps some home-made strength training throughout the day.

Temps should reach 60 this weekend - where did I put my shorts again??

crowe: Jealous of the Laurel Highland trails. This is one race on my wish list, not sure if it will ever come true, though.

traildc: Sounds like a nice race - my low-key series (Tussey Mountainback Teasers) will start in early February. Unfortunately, there's no way to make DD come along. Sigh.

61: Nice snowshoeing! I'd prefer that over moving any time!

Scrap: Hope you'll get in a few nice miles, but watch out for that ice! Yesterday it was icy on my run, too, and it reminded me much of the day when I fell on the ice and broke my elbow. Fortunately, I had my YakTrax yesterday!

sugnim: New snow - sweet!

Jamie: Power workout this morning - I'm impressed!

Harrier: Better take some food with you on that re-frozen snow run. Just sayin...

Mandy: Hope you'll have a nice, muddy hike with kiwi. Say hello from me!

QOTD: It used to be very gentle stretching, then shower, then food. But since it takes longer in the winter to get done with the showering etc., it now is gentle stretching when I get to the car, then food, then shower. I don't stretch much, though, just the legs, and some bending to release tension in my back, hips and waist.

Run for fun.

Birdwell

morning folk! Got 5.5 miles in on freshly plowed roads, followed by a half hour of snow shoveling. We got about 6 inches last night, with more forecast for the weekend. Temps are supposed to get down around -10 F. The joys of winter.

The snowplow drivers always look at me funny on mornings like this.

QOTD: shower, then food.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Cold here today as well (just as they predicted) highs in the single digits, lows double digits below 0, we got 4-5" of new snow and it's still coming down at a pretty good clip

Strength training on tap today- not a good day to be out anyways; unfortunately doesn't look better Sat-Mon, so my long run this weekend looks shot Sad

sugnim- I'm also finding my achilles are suffering with all this snow running (it's not enough to snowshoe or ski, but almost too much to run), this latest storm will definitely let me finally break out my new running snowshoes! Big grin

qotd- smoothie always comes first, on longer runs in the cold I find my core temp drops- enough so that the only thing that works seems to be a long hot bath, shower doesn't quite cut it

I'm also guilty as a non-stretcher, but I do roll my calves (they always seem to tighten up) pre/post runs, but it's last on the list when I get done w/ a run Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

nc tam

Today is my half day so I will get in a few miles this afternoon.  Will probably stick to my road loop today.  I am hoping the fog will lift a bit between now and then.  I really wish we were getting snow here instead of this rain!  No chance with highs in the 40s and 50s.

QOTD:  If I run from home I'll make something hot to drink (usually decaf or herbal tea) and jump in the shower before I eat.  If I'm driving I will have a thermos and snack in the car.  If I get too rushed to put my post-run car snack together I will end up at a drive-through or gas station.  Then I'll hit the shower as soon as I can when I get to the house.  The only exception is if there are yard chores (and it is not raining) and then I'll try to put at least 30 min in since I'm already sweaty and dirty.  I almost never stretch after long runs although I'm very consistent about stretching after the short ones.

Scrapster

sugnim - Send some of that snow my way, will ya?

mecrowe - If only it was that easy!  We'd be there for sure.

Jaime - Hope you enjoyed the spin.  Did you see TTA's response?  LOL.

Harrier - I hear the cyclocross trails are going to be a blast again this year for the guys. What a mess.  Smile

Mandy - Have fun with kiwi.  I'm jealous you're doing this on a MI weekend.

FTYC - Bears at school...Not sure how I'd feel about that one.

Birdwell - Another snow show-off.  Hrmph.

Warden -  Double hrmph.  Enjoy the snow and the running.

NC - Your weather sounds like mine.  Rain, rain, rain and grey, grey, grey.  Ugh.

QOTD:  When I run long solo, I fly home, hop in the shower, grab a quick bite to eat, and get on with chores and errands.  When I run long with my guy, we dawdle at the trail head, pick up some McDs or TB, shower, and chillax for a bit.  Things are definitely more relaxed there than here.  No stretching, unless I have a niggle that needs to be worked out.