Trailer Trash

Finally Fridailies! (Read 255 times)

sugnim

MadisonMandy & runtraildc:  Good point about the coffee.  I have a cup before and after all of my long runs.  Sometimes, I really want a cup after an evening run, but then I know I won't be able to sleep & get up for work rested the next day.

NorthernHarrier

Harrier - I hear the cyclocross trails are going to be a blast again this year for the guys. What a mess.  Smile

My hotshot cycling daughter and I will go over sometime tomorrow morning to watch that. Juniors are going today. Folks from her cycling team will be in it. Messy, messy.

She just got some rollers two days ago. Wow, those things are scary. She sets up her bike in the hallway so she can fall against a wall as she gets used to them. My job is to help her get started and stand there spotting her. After one torn ACL I'm just a scared parent watching her try to master that device.

Eight trail miles for the pooch and me today.

QOTD: Coffee and food.  Unless I have been out in the freezing rain or something and am soaked and cold the shower can wait, sometimes quite a while unless i am going back out and need to be presentable.  Stretching I do only when my back feels stiff.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

11 yesterday evening, mostly on trails. It was a bit technical for the ankle at times, and I realized my 550 lumen bike light I can hold in my hand is way better than my Fenix Ld20 for seeing in the dark.

Will probably ride the bike today if I can, and then either run/ride on the weekend (or ski if I can make it with the family, but work will likely make that a no-go).

If it is cold, shower, if not, food!

Scrapster

My hotshot cycling daughter and I will go over sometime tomorrow morning to watch that. Juniors are going today. Folks from her cycling team will be in it. Messy, messy.

She just got some rollers two days ago. Wow, those things are scary. She sets up her bike in the hallway so she can fall against a wall as she gets used to them. My job is to help her get started and stand there spotting her. After one torn ACL I'm just a scared parent watching her try to master that device.

Yeah, I'm happy plunking my 20 year old Schwinn on a kinetic trainer.  When I was looking to replace my trainer, someone suggested that I get rollers.  I about peed my pants, I was laughing so hard just thinking about that spectacle.  Smile

4 easy trail miles today.

If it ever actually get cold here I may have something to say about what I do after a run. Today I was dripping sweat at 65F.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

5 easy miles planned for this evening. Then up early for a 12-13 mile trail run tomorrow AM.

QOTD: My usual routine for weekday runs is shower, eat, and sometimes stretch. I am SO bad about stretching. If it's a morning/weekend run, it's usually coffee on my way home, shower, eat, nap.

Trail Monster

Hi All!

7 scheduled today.

QOTD: Usually food/water then shower.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Scrapster

5.5M.  Trails are in horrible shape.  I might try to throw in some road miles this evening after dinner.  Now, to address the dilemma of tomorrow's long run...

Oy.  Why can't it just be winter?  LOL.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oy.  Why can't it just be winter?  LOL.

Global warming.  Wink

Running is dumb.

Scrapster

Damn hippies.  Fucking up my winter.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey, us hippies are *against* global warming.  We protest about that crap, man.

Running is dumb.

Scrapster

Well, then hug a fucking tree and get me my winter back, man.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm trying, I'm trying!  Just when I get cleared to snowshoe, the snow goes away.  Cry

Running is dumb.

sugnim

C'mon over to Montana.  We have record snow levels in my area.