Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I had another great 5 mile trail run.

QOTD: Any interesting non running activities or hobbies?

I have been building and playing stringed instruments (dulcimers, stick dulcimers, and guitar sticks).  I started a little hobby business building and selling smaller lighter instruments tailored to backpacking and bike touring type use.  The hard part is keep demand above zero without having it grow beyond what I want to deal with.  That can be a bit of a tight rope walk.  So far I am managing to keep a steady flow of business, just enough so I can manage it in my spare time without it becoming a real job.

I am heading off to a dulcimer festival in West Virginia this weekend.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

4ish kind of lousy miles late last night.

Just the workout I wanted to have before my PR attempt at a 5K tonight 

And yes, it's a glow in the dark run 

QOTD: I enjoy welding and fabricating.

NorthernHarrier

Just finished an easy run around the hood and relaxing with a little hot, dark coffee, mmmm! DW came home last night from 3 weeks up at the shack and now I'm heading up myself right after work. Doing the Musky run, a 5k on Sunday. I am so not ready to be DFL. I hold out some hope that I can geezer at least a few. I did the run a few times over 20 years ago and if I remember the course is a little over half on trails or I guess old logging type roads would be more accurate. Better start my taper. 

TrailTromp--there will be a drug test when you return.

Birdwell--Shocked!  What will Mandy say?

QOTD--Probably not so interesting but my two passions are bird hunting and wilderness canoe adventures. Sadly though this year I have hardly canoed. Thinking of bringing a couple of canoes home and selling on Craigs. That will give space on the rack for a new one. 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

4ish kind of lousy miles late last night.

Just the workout I wanted to have before my PR attempt at a 5K tonight 

And yes, it's a glow in the dark run 

Dude.  The bolded just doesn't make sense.  Are those things even timed?  Course certified?  Chip timed?  Won't dodging obese middle aged women and drunk college kids slow you down?  You should probably toe the line, since you'll be the fastest one there.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So I ran a little trail loop last night. Didn't worry about my stupid PT intervals, just ran and walked when I felt like it.  Covered 4.6 miles in 55 minutes.  Not breaking any speed records at 12mm, but I got out there.

I rode my bike into work today.  Beautiful morning.

QOTD: Cycling   I also enjoy baking, which happens more in the winter than in the summer.  Also could explain why I gain weight every winter.

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning All,

I ended up working a long day yesterday and the swimming/running got scrapped.  Today, a light run and swim...5k trail race Saturday Morning!

QOTD: I collected hobbies starting at a young age which means that now I have a lot of random talents and knowledge, but nothing really stuck...I'm proficient at many things, master of none.

Birdwell: Everything went well with the surgery?  Also, I'll post some pics of the BBQ Smoker, bed, and candle holder I fab'd during the summer I was unemployed (I'm a proficient mig and stick welder with some fabrication skills).

Pete: Dulcimer festival in WV? who would have guessed?   I lived in Beckley WV for a year...wild and wonderful!  Enjoy it!  Get yourself a friends of coal bumper sticker so you can fly under the radar.

**Ask me about streaking**

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Dude.  The bolded just doesn't make sense.  Are those things even timed?  Course certified?  Chip timed?  Won't dodging obese middle aged women and drunk college kids slow you down?  You should probably toe the line, since you'll be the fastest one there.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

I was intending on getting up on the mountain for 22+ miles today. The weather would have been very nice for it, unfortunately I slept in too long, it's a 38 mile drive and I have to be back before late afternoon so the run isn't going to happen. Also have some Achilles tightness so maybe my body is telling me it wants a two week taper before my marathon. Guess I'll run a few errands and then jump on the bike for a long ride.

TT -- Dulcimer Festival in West Virginia sounds like a redneck festival  to me . Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bird -- Ok, I'm the guy that doesn't have anything against mud runs etc. ...... but a glow run???? . The only way we can forgive this is with a detailed  RR with pictures and you nailing that PR.

NH -- I haven't been bird hunting in years. When I was a teenager there were so many pheasants in Pa that we would often limit out by noon time. Now there are almost none and all efforts to reestablish them fail.

QOTD: I like to do some hunting and shooting. I may try to get into reloading my own ammunition this winter or I may spend the money on a new gun, just depends if I decide that I have enough time to actually spend learning how to reload.  Also DW and I love to travel. I'd love to be able to travel enough to climb all the 14er's and ride all rail trails that are over 20 miles long. DW wants to go to Hawaii. I told her we'll go as soon as I qualify for the Kona Iron-man.

Birdwell

I'll be timing it myself with my trusty Garmin . I have a feeling there will be a pretty fast field. The university starts next week and most of the Cross Country team shows up to these events. I'm betting the winner comes through under 16.

Oh, and the babies surgery isn't for another couple of weeks. This week was just the surgical consultation, imaging and meet and greet with the neurosurgery team. Now we're in the wait and worry stage.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Go ask on the Beginner's Forum if a PR counts if you're timing it yourself on a non-certified course...

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

last taper day, I will get a light lift in at the gym this AM

qotd: nothing overly interesting, but backpacking, fishing, hunting keep me pretty busy when I'm not running; I was competing in SCCA Solo racing for several years and have been thinking about jumping back in as Helena has the very best venue in the state (2+ mile track), but also likely to conflict w/ summer trail races

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Ran an easy 5 miles with the pup this morning. The dog was being an asshole and didn't want to listen to me. I'm supposed to be running the El Vaquero Loco 50k tomorrow but I feel a little off so it's going to be a DNS for me. I think Jo and I will stay close to home and hit the local trails this weekend. I need to get my shit in order because Leadville is in 8 days and I'm hoping to finally have a decent race.

QOTD: Noting that I'm passionate about. Between running and work, there's not enough time to allow for anything to get a serious amount of my time or attention. I do enjoy sitting in my theater room with my wife, watching movies and drinking beer. With proper focus, I could probably do that competitively.

moonlightrunner

I had planned 18 for today, but will opt for 9. I need to shop for a new hand held and headlamp. My recent life change....did and dgc..moved BACK in last night...I think most of my runs will be very early mornings and late nights.  I'm old. I will need lots of lumens.

Qotd: running is my only hobby. I want to take up stand up paddle boarding....someday when I have the $.

Mandy: congrats on the run!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

A great 6 miles this morning. Finally able to get in a cool morning run. Ran some trails around Robie Point, awesome views as the sun was coming up over the hills, valleys and the American River. I guess I should have brought my phone.

Today we move to the start area which is about 5 or 6 miles east of Squaw Valley. The ride starts 5:15am on Saturday. Will be out of touch for most of the weekend crewing. No running for me for a few days.

qotd: not really, just family stuff, which can be quite varied.

tbd.

muppy

Got on 5.3 miles last night.

QOTD My son and I are certified KCBS judges, so we eat lots of BBQ!