Trailer Trash

Monday, Monday - Mondaily (Read 30 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Planning on a nice run after work today. The cold will feel good on my scalded arm and hand - after yesterday's mishap, I decided to go brainless today again and scalded my hand again right away. Now that's NOT what I call a good morning, but at least it was by far not as bad as yesterday's burn. Regroup, focus, and carry on. QOTD: done with winter, or still in the mood? Me: I am still happy with the cold and snow. I only dread it when it drags out into March and April, but February is still ok with me. Must be a leftover from my younger days, I used to go on a ski vacation every year in mid-February, loved it! Happy.trails, everyone!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning!  Nothing for me in 2+ weeks now.  I have a f/u Dr. appt tomorrow to review the results of my MRI.  I don't suspect anything will show up but who knows.  We met with a realtor on Saturday.  We are now in the initial phases of getting out house ready to sell.  Won't put it on the market until end of March or early April.  I have too much to do between now and then.

Couch - burning yourself? Just take a dip in the snow - that should help - or have the opposite effect?!?

QOTD: I am sure I am in the minority and am ok with winter.  I desperately want to get out for some snow runs and exploring but just can't. I kind of want an extended winter so maybe I can.  Chances are it won't happen.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Rest day. Quads are shot.

QOTD: Done. Over it. Thanks. Spring please...

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today.

Let's be careful out there, couch. I think you've proven that you can burn yourself, no need

to keep showing us how good you are at it.

QOTD: I'm getting kinda sick of it. I don't mind running in the cold and snow, especially now

that I know I can run in the tracks left by snowmobiles. I'm just sick of  the rest like walking the

dogs, the icy roads and walkways, bundling up to go out, cleaning off the car in the morning.

moonlightrunner

Not sure what I will run today...or if I will. I am without any doubt done with winter. Done with cold and snow. It might get into the 50's next week. I am ready!

Couch: I missed how you burned your hand...hope it heals quickly. Glad you are enjoying winter.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

Good morning all!  After a great weekend of snow running, today is a SRD for me.  Orchestra rehearsal resumes tonight, so I'll be doing that after work.

QOTD:  We haven't had much of a winter before these past 2 weeks.  In January, we had rain and temperatures in the 40s.  It's just recently that we've had sub-zero temperatures and snow that is sticking around.  I've been enjoying the slow runs in thick snow coupled with snow-shoveling cross training!

FTYC:  Ouch!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

SRD for me today...not sure what I'm resting from since the last two weeks have been low mileage, but I do want to get back to good weeks and that means monday is an off day.

QOTD: I'm over running on 1/2 snow/ice covered sidewalks and hurdling snow banks to get to them.  I thought a nice long trail run yesterday would be the cure for that, but the snow we have right now is about 6-8" deep with ~1" of ice on top.  It's not runnable.  14 miles turned into 4 real quick.  I don't mind the winter weather other than that.

PS - I found out this weekend that I was accepted into the Manitou's Revenge Ultra.  Check went out today.  Not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into with this one.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me as well.  Had some nice weekend runs.

Couch - Ouch.  (I was speed reading and thought at first you went "braless" and not "brainless")

QOTD: I just deal try to deal with the conditions.  Screw shoes have been my best friend for several weeks now.  I do look forward to the time when I don't have to "plan ahead" for my running outfits based on precipitation and wind chill.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning!  Just finished a strength workout with 5 miles planned tonight during the kid's swim practice.  It should be light for the entire time, so the qotd is somewhat timely for me...

qotd:  Nope, not yet.  It's really the short, grey days that wear on me.  And the windy cold.  But, although the temps are the same as January, the longer days have really given me a boost and I'm good to enjoy another month or so of winter.  And we're heading to NH & VT for a long ski weekend in a few days, so that helps, too.

charlesmoman

A brief 3-mile TM run today and back to the gym to do the machines later.

Off for 2 days - maybe a little easy walking and some core work.

Then back to my gym at midnight on Thursday for a 50K TM run.

Yes, 50K.

I will take really short breaks for the bathroom and snacks after every 4-5 miles.

I should be done in 7 hours - give or take.

Too icy and cold around here and my training schedule calls for a 50K this week.

So . . . I will just bite the bullet and crank it out indoors.

Hopefully I will do my 50-mile training run in March outdoors and on the IT 100 course at Chain 'O Lakes State Park.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

PS - I found out this weekend that I was accepted into the Manitou's Revenge Ultra.  Check went out today.  Not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into with this one.

I know what you got yourself into!  Better practice your climbing skills.  (oh by the way, I am very jealous.)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

Plan on 4-5 after work today.

I've noticed a personal trend lately. My run's the day after my rest day generally stink.

QOTD:

I grew up in Arizona. For me, snow and ice are a pleasant change of pace. I wish it would snow a few more months. We're supposed to be in the 60's by the end of the week .

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'd like to know how couch scalded her hand going braless.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I know what you got yourself into!  Better practice your climbing skills.  (oh by the way, I am very jealous.)

I knew you would be .  Of course if you wanted a taste of it I'm sure I could find a spot for an experienced pacer...

(really no expectations...just throwing it out there)

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

My abdomen is still doing weird things. It doesn’t really hurt, but there are these strange pulling sensations every once in a while, especially when first starting up my runs. I think I have been changing up my stride because of it and then I developed a little niggle in my calf. As I said the other day, I’m falling apart.

I am going to have the doctor prod and push on my abdomen a little later this week. I’ll let you know if it turns out to be something.

Therefore I’m taking a few days off from running. It’s ok, I could use the break.

FTYC: You need to stay away from whatever it is that is burning you at work, it's not worth it.

Qotd: I’ll take the winters down here in Texas year-round. It’s the summers down here that kill me.

tbd.