Trailer Trash

Risqué Mondaily (Read 30 times)

Sandy-2

Ok Girls, you wanted to see a photo of my bruises.

I know that this is a PG forum or we’d run the risk of that Madison Maniac kicking our asses outta here and then where would we go?, however, I’m going to take a chance,       .........  so here goes …….

Actually since it’s been a week, it's almost normal, the scabs are healing, swelling is down, and the bruising at the bottom is almost gone.

On another note, my DD finished her 50k this weekend back home in Texas.  She was a little worried about it due to her hydration/Rhabdo issues last summer. But she did great and had no issues at all.  She said she drank and ate steadily.

qotd: Will you be with family on Thanksgiving or do you visit via phone/Skype?

Obviously we’ll visit via long distance.  We’ll be in Shanghai (I have some business meetings there), so Skype it is.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

It's my day off from work, and it is a wonderful winter day, 20 degrees and sunshine.

Got my 12 miles in yesterday morning before work. I had to leave my two running buddies behind at mile 8, as I had to speed up to get to work on time, and from there on, it was a nice, speedy run. Overall time, despite the slow beginning, was ok, so I must have kicked it on those final miles.

Getting ready for a few "winter" miles soon.

Just found out this morning that DS seems to have that "bull's eye" rash around his recent tick bite, so I'll have to take him to the doc today. It is hard to tell because it's all under his hair, and he had been scratching it.

Sandy: Nice ankle. I imaging this must have hurt.

Congrats to your DD on her 50k! Well done!

QOTD: We'll stay home this year, as I will have to work on the days around Thanksgiving. DH could go to see his family, but I don't think it's going to happen. 

Enjoy the day, runners!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Usually a SRD, but over lunchtime I'm heading to the Battlefield to meet a friend for his recovery run from JFK.  Crisp and cool here, so should be nice.  It will be his pace, so I have no idea how fast or long.

Sandy - Ouch. Looks like it's healing. Glad you didn't have to work your way through the Korean Healthcare System. Congratulations to DD. Chip off the old block.

Marie - Good luck with DS. Prophylactic antibiotics might be in order.

QOTD:  Going to my Mom's house and will see all the usual suspects.  Then we're heading to Chincoteague Island for our post Thanksgiving getaway. So I'll run hills tomorrow and Thursday before my long flat runs this weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I just got back from a jog with my pups. My trails are still trashed from the snow so my miles have sucked lately.

My man cave is finally finished! It was a pretty major undertaking because I had never done any framing, hung drywall or any of that type of remodel work and I was determined to do it all myself. I think it turned out really well, all things considered. I just need to install my beer fridge and set up my surround sound system.

QOTD: When Jo and first started dating, she took me to her brothers house in Charleston for Thanksgiving. We got engaged that weekend. We've spent Thanksgiving down there ever since.

LB2

I overslept this morning. I'll run an easy 5 after work. We got our first frost this morning, finally. It will warm back up this week, but that frost keeps the grass from growing.

QOTD: Everyone is coming to our house for Thanksgiving.

LB2

muppy

5.3 trail miles with 1 rather spectacular fall!

Congratulations to little Sandy!

Couch,  I hope your son is OK, I went through this with my son a few years ago and the anabiotic's did the trick.

AT,  hope you and the Mrs. have a great time in Chincoteague, it's beautiful down there!

Lace, sounds nice!

QOTD We  are going to her side for lunch and my side for dinner, I'm sure I will not over eat at all.

runtraildc

Easy day for me-- I'll get in a short run and gym work later today.

Sandy-- hmm, not what the ladies here were hoping for.  But, congrats to DD!

qotd:  staying here, with sister and family visiting.  And I just found out their 2 year old brittany is coming along too, so I'll have a canine running partner for the weekend.  He is actually a terrible runner, pulling at the leash as much as he can, but he'll learn (hopefully).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure if I will be able to sneak in a little run tonight.  We'll see.  BTW - apparently we need some impartial auditors to audit Queen's run log.  She's trying to cheat! She'll probably say today that she ran 30 miles before work 

Marie - let's hope for the best on the little guy!

Lace - I saw the pics you posted on FB of your basement.  Very nice.  Did you do all the mudding on the drywall yourself? Almost look like you may have covered the drywall in the wood planks - which by the way make it look great.  I hope to be getting started on our basement in the next few months but the one area I won't do is the mudding.  I need it to look good and let's just say it wouldn't if I did it.

QOTD: We're doing the her side and then my side thing...thankfully both are local.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Not sure if I will be able to sneak in a little run tonight.  We'll see.  BTW - apparently we need some impartial auditors to audit Queen's run log.  She's trying to cheat! She'll probably say today that she ran 30 miles before work 

Guess we'll have to talk to Earl and get the real report. 

Occasional Runner

Lace - I saw the pics you posted on FB of your basement.  Very nice.  Did you do all the mudding on the drywall yourself? Almost look like you may have covered the drywall in the wood planks - which by the way make it look great.  I hope to be getting started on our basement in the next few months but the one area I won't do is the mudding.  I need it to look good and let's just say it wouldn't if I did it.

Taping, mud and texture is the only thing I had help with. It's really a very specialized skill and I've heard a ton of horror stories from people that tried to do it themselves. It's best to hire it out. The wall at the end of the room is recycled barn wood and the wood behind the bar came from pallets that I collected.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Four mile fun run tis am.  They say we are going to have snow Tuesday afternoon.. Yeaa!!!

QOTD:  Well I guess at this point in my life my husband is my family so yea I will be with him and my Mutts.  We are going camping at the coast.

Jamie:  Like I said I may lie in the dailies (saying I am going to run 5 and not) but not on my log!  It's when I update on my ipad at home takes so long I hit it twice.  Happened again this morning but thank goodness I caught it before being accused as a liar again!    With AT backing you up.  As for Earl, he lives in the moment and has no idea how far we run he just knows he's running.  We should be more like Earl.

Sandy:  Butt pics! butt pics! of the bruise not your foot!!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

As for Earl, he lives in the moment and has no idea how far we run he just knows he's running.  We should be more like Earl.

Amen, to that!

(Hope this is Earl, I looked quickly and first dog photo I saw on your page.)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hill repeats this evening, half with some daylight half with a headlamp

qotd: DD and family were thinking about coming, but we have a major storm rolling in Tuesday and Wednesday- temps below zero!!!!! WTF? 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Love it...yes that's Earl the squirrel!

Amen, to that!

(Hope this is Earl, I looked quickly and first dog photo I saw on your page.)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Took a quick nap after work now I need to pressure wash the underneath of my pick up cab.  At least the temp got into the 40s for that. Wish I could have gotten to it when it was still warm out.  After that I'll head out for 7 -8 miles.

Lace - The cave looks nice. Congrats on doing most of the work yourself.  It's always more rewarding that way and often is done just as good as someone you'll pay to do it.

Jamie - Taping and finishing drywall isn't all that difficult to do. It's just very dirty and time consuming. I've done some that ended up looking really nice. But if I have the extra money I'll definitely pay someone to do it for me.

QOTD:

We don't do anything with my side of the family. (see above) Too much fighting. When DW had family in the area we would often spend time with them.  Now it will just be the four of us. Well, three actually, since DW works a 12 hour shift that day.