Trailer Trash

Welcome fall Monday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

October always feels like Fall to me, my favorite season (when it's here). Had a decent weekend of running at the beach. We had our annual brewery race on Sunday, and out of the 5 runners, I was in the best shape- no injuries, been actually running, etc. DS flat out refused to run, thinking ahead to two XC meets this week and a swim meet next weekend. It's a road race, and not a particularly beautiful route, but it's a lot of fun. And we camp at a stunning park nearby on the ocean, so it's a good weekend all around. Weather was perfect, too.

qotd: Miles last month? I came home and updated my log, which came to 99. I was planning to get out for another mile to make it even, but at some point, it seemed random and a bit ridiculous so I let it go.  Then I went to bed at 8:30. 

LB2

Pretty good run this morning, especially considering I got beat up pretty bad on the first road run I have done in a long time on Saturday. It was only a 5 mile progression run, but it was hot and the pavement beat me down.

Way to go Sandy!!!

QOTD: I only got around 70 miles this month. I am not really sure what happened. It feels like I ran more than that. I guess the first two weeks of September took a toll on my mileage because of work. It has calmed down a little now, but it still gets chaotic on some days. It never seems to calm completely down like it once did.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Ugh. No running this weekend and the weather was perfect. Woke up Saturday am and left foot, joint below the big toe was painful sore and swollen. Not sure what happened. I did do a pretty hard toe knock on a root or rock last week but don't remember what foot or what day. Worse yesterday and had fitful sleep last night. Still very sore even just sitting around. Worst pain I can recall in quite some time. Podiatrist appointment later this morning. Sucks.

QOTD: 152

Sandy - Huge congrats!! Is that both a WS and HR qualifier.

Runtrail  - A great weekend to be outdoors. Brewery race sounds fun regardless or terrain.

LB - I did a true road run last week. Felt so hard, but probably because of the increased pace.

AT - I still have my fingernails but the beer fridge took a big hit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Steven King like fog rolled in this morning. I almost drove past my office as I couldn't see my sign. Going to burn off as it gets up to 80° later.

SRD today.

October means Pumpkin Spice in everything season. This gave me a good early laugh.

QOTD:  Running 189. If I add in our hikes in CO including our climb of Mt. Evans, then it's 214.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD:  How fortuitous, I got the highest ever monthly miles in Sept....140.  And even with 2 weeks of traveling.  If I stop messing around one day I might get to a 200 mile month.  Especially since I'm a walker...with a little bit of running every now and then.

I've been thinking about which events I want to do next year.  A lot will depend on how my Brazos Bend 50 goes.  And of course the 12 hour in Nov will let me know how I like timed events.  I'm kind of excited.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thinking about a short fartlek workout this morning, then walking with the LRS group this evening.

qotd: 188.9 miles, my most in many moons (four years plus).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtrail - Did you say brewery race???  How was I not there?

dhuffman - I've come to love timed races.  To me, they're the most fun!  (even without the beer)

Some nice monthly totals!  And I think I'll have a pumpkin spice bowl of chili for lunch please.   Hope to get 4 after work tonight.

QOTD:  181.  A bit of a "meh" month.  Took a couple days off from being under the weather.  Third month in the row under 200 though.  Still haven't signed up for a fall race.  I probably over-did it in the first half of the year and paying for it now.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD:  181.  A bit of a "meh" month.  Took a couple days off from being under the weather.  Third month in the row under 200 though.  Still haven't signed up for a fall race.  I probably over-did it in the first half of the year and paying for it now.

You might want to look at the Piedmont 8-Hour in Powhattan, VA. Nice little low key race on a 2.85 mile loop, single track, grass, and dirt/crushed stone road in Powhattan State Park. I ran it last year and am going back this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a bit over 5 last night.  It was a gorgeous weekend.  Hasn't been that nice in a long time.  DW tried to get the family out for a hike yesterday and just wasn't happening. I started taking me meds yesterday that the ortho prescribed - prednisone and some prescribed nsaid. They also prescribed flexeril but I did not feel I needed that.  I did not feel the pain yesterday so something is working.  The question for me is if it's sustainable or just masking the issue.  Time will tell I suppose.

DC - sounds like a nice weekend.  Would have been perfect for camping.

AT & XT - I bit off all of my fingernails watching that game.  Pitiful.  What a waste of my time.  But a great rivalry for sure.

Sandy - congrats.  I guess Queen started a new thing with her buckle photo.  Love it!

QOTD: Hmmm...111.  I aimed for 150.  Guess I should stop aiming cuz...well....who needs mileage anyways.  I should be fine for a 50k this weekend, right, right???

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD for me today. Actually I'm feeling good, just could use a little more sleep. My left shin and ankle is really swollen which you'll hear about once my RR is ready (whenever that'll be.)  Trying to keep my feet up under my desk at the moment.

I need to go back over the last few days of the Trailer Trash that I missed during 'race bubble', but it was nice knowing that the Trashers were out there.  Thanks again for the nice comments I did see when I was traveling home yesterday, and of course the ones above.

qotd: 230

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Hmmm...111.  I aimed for 150.  Guess I should stop aiming cuz...well....who needs mileage anyways.  I should be fine for a 50k this weekend, right, right???

See you Sunday, Jess and I just signed up for Blues Cruise (who the hell signs up for a 50K with 5 days notice?). Now I'll have to find all of my swag from previous years. .

Weather looks like 80° with high humidity. Great.

Bert? you need a Fall race, this is a fun one with great AS's.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Awe man, I had this one penciled in my calendar too, but DW needs a much deserved break so we'll be upstate enjoying the fall season this weekend.  I still have Stone Mill in mind though.

wc - Thanks for the Piedmont suggestion.  Tinkering about that one....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Well shoot....misery loves company though.  See you there!

See you Sunday, Jess and I just signed up for Blues Cruise (who the hell signs up for a 50K with 5 days notice?). Now I'll have to find all of my swag from previous years. .

Weather looks like 80° with high humidity. Great.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Well, my diagnosis was a gout attack, which I sort of expected. Crazy, we went to Red Lobster the night before onset and I had shrimp, scallop, lobster platter. All shellfish. I never order that, will have salmon when my wife wants to go there. Now I am on drugs to resolve. Hey, at least it's not a running injury.

Dr Jamie - What was your DX? Sounds inflammatory related.

AT/Dr Jamie  - Have a good time at the Blues Cruise. Hope we have some dry weather this week. That's a race I'd have a hard time doing again since my 50k PR is there, but I've done many training runs around that lake.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning.  Going to join a group that does a track workout for speed on Mondays.   we'll see how that goes.  Also going to start back at the gym again.  Cooling here a bit and may even get rain on Tuesday  that would be awesome!

QOTD:  191.6

XT:  Gout?   I said that as a joke before I read that you have gout... sorry to hear that.

AT: Time for pumpkin spice creamer. 

Berto:  Hmm really, time races are that much fun?   Maybe one day I will try one.

Jamie:  I like your training style, you will be fine!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄