Trailer Trash

TGIF- shit it’s only Thursday (Read 20 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was really wanting it to Friday- oh well

plan was to head to the hills yesterday evening, but got sidetracked and ended up at the sporting goods store and bought a Glock 43 

will head to the hills this evening, very Spring like weather here- highs into the upper 50’s

is there a way to search these forums, don’t see a search button????  we had a firearms thread a couple of years ago I was going to add to (if I could find it)

qotd: you inherit a million dollars, where’s it going?  I’d probably gift my two DD’s a 1/4 each, most likely a really good vacation spot and the rest probably into a 401 like account

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Friday Thursday!  We got a bunch of snow last night and now it's all going to slowly melt over the next few days.  And that's it.  NO MORE SNOW, MOTHER NATURE!  DO YOU HEAR ME?!  (At least until December.)

Still recovering from vacation, so nothing for me.

QOTD: I'm assuming this is 1 mil after taxes?  First I would pay off DBF's student loan (the only debt we have between us).  Then I would do nothing with the money for a year until DBF's son graduated from high school.  (Because we're tied to home until then.)   Keep working my job and saving a bunch of cash.  After the kid graduates, I would quit my job, not renew our lease and sell the majority of my stuff.  Sell my car and buy something we could sleep out of.   Probably bum around the country for a while, living cheaply from my cash stash out of our vehicle.  Do a lot of camping and hiking/running/biking, visiting friends and family along the way.  Maybe do a thru hike or long backpack trip.  After I got sick of life on the road, I'd buy some property in Arizona, build a small house and put the remainder in retirement.  Then I'd get a part time job to cover my cheap no-mortgage expenses in AZ until my nest egg grew big enough to never work again.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

qotd: you inherit a million dollars, where’s it going?  I’d probably gift my two DD’s a 1/4 each, most likely a really good vacation spot and the rest probably into a 401 like account

Anyone else remember the TV show, The Millionaire back from 1955-1960? A million dollars went a lot further then. And unfortunately there aren't a lot of options for investing large sums in tax deferred retirement accounts. 401(k)s are strictly through employers and there's a very small limit of $5,500 for annual contributions to IRAs, and that has to be earned income, not investment income or inheritance.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

8 semi speedy without Mr Jangles

QOTD: call me retired and I'm on vacation someplace warm with a big drink of something with rum and a couple of those little umbrellas on top.

XtremeTaper

Shit is right... in terms of the weather. Low 40's with on and off rain here. Hey, at least it's not windy yet or snowing. With any luck, 5-7 miles after work with the Lady. I am not highly motivated but we'll get something done.

Last night was my regular 7 mile loop on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods. Sort of creaky run, but hey there was sunshine and low 50 degree temps. That's about as good as gets around here this year for spring. Did manage to shrug off the slogging once I hit the ridge line about 4.5 miles into the run. Pretty quiet out there last night.

I don't think there is a search here. You can sort of go back in time with the page numbers and perhaps find your thread.

QOTD: Purchase a home in the southeast and relocate there immediately, and stay until spring really gets here. Then it will be my winter home, which seems to be Nov-April now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up and ran almost 5...going to return the SpeedCross salmons...feels like I am wearing cleats.

QOTD:  Quit immediately...I'm only going to share money with kids to either help pay for college or get them into a house.  So I do have nieces and nephews I would share $$ with.  I would buy a house in Michigan so I could live there every other month or so and I would definitely get small RV thingy lifted and 4 wheel drive to start cruising around this Continent.

Warden: :  It's my Friday

Warden:  There is a search up in the top right corner...under your log name and under the word options.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

warden - The search function doesn't work for me.  What's the G43 for?  Tuck in your shorts in the summer?

XT - Low 50's while great running weather always has me questioning if I'm wearing enough or not enough.  Then I realize I'm just bitching because it's not too hot or too cold, like it normally is.

Sue - I never really noticed the cleated tread unless I was on pavement.  In any case, you need to be at peace with your shoe. 

Will try to get an easy 4 on trail after work.

QOTD:  I'm with Gator and settle somewhere warm, preferably with an ocean view.  Maybe I'd sell beer to beach goers to support my own habit - if I sold one for every one I drink, it should be a wash.  Running would suck, but I'd be blissfully happy the other 90% of the day.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

runtraildc

Oh, I'm 0-3 so far this week. My back has been acting up the last couple of days. No running, just a good walk around the neighborhood last night. And, I've started a small redo kitchen project, of which I'm still at the clearing cabinets/cleaning phase. I've had lots of distractions this week, besides the garden. I have a 10 mile race on Sunday so maybe I'm tapering. 

qotd: 1M doesn't go far these days, unfortunately. So, it would be college for the 2 kiddos and a hefty down payment on a Maine beach house, preferably near Acadia. Any left over would go into an investment account.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

you enter the word and than hit the enter button on your computer.  It works for me..

I should have brought the shoes to work as I planned since we have carpet here and walked around them for a while.

warden - The search function doesn't work for me.  What's the G43 for?  Tuck in your shorts in the summer?

Sue - I never really noticed the cleated tread unless I was on pavement.  In any case, you need to be at peace with your shoe. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtrail - Yep, you're tapering.  I'd go with that.  Sounds like you're moving about quite a bit, so that's good.  Skipping runs to binge watch Netflix wouldn't be so good.

you enter the word and than hit the enter button on your computer.  It works for me..

Holy shit, it does work!  I had to wait a little while for the search results to return (there's no indicator that it's "thinking").  I guess I was too impatient before.... got that instant gratification thing going against me.

3/17 - NYC Half

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- no search option for me under options???

Bert-o  I had a 42 (.380) for awhile, loved everything about it except I wasn’t overly enthusiastic about the .380, so ended up selling it. I then carried my alloy .38 j- frame, nice weapon, but even though it’s a small revolver- it’s still a revolver and not nearly as concealable. Soooo got the 43 in 9mm (identical in size to the 42).  I carry nearly all the time, old habit, and the 43 will just make it easier.  I carry a Glock 23 on duty so no transition to speak of with the 43.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I carry a Glock 23 on duty so no transition to speak of with the 43.

I have a Gen 3 version that I got over 15 years ago.  Great firearm.  Prefer the size of the 23 vs the 22.  I can understand the convenience of the 43 for the purpose.  When I lived in WA state, I got a conceal permit, but I never carried.  I did it for the peace of mind because I would go to the range after work every now and then, so I had to transport through an urban area.  Best to be cautious than have to answer tough questions.  Besides, it's good to know if the feds have anything on you that you're not aware of. 

3/17 - NYC Half

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sue- no search option for me under options???

It's the small box with the magnifying glass icon under the Options link.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It's the small box with the magnifying glass icon under the Options link.

I’m not getting that icon, here’s what I’m getting

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I’m not getting that icon, here’s what I’m getting

The search box disappears if you go into Options.  If you go back into the Forum and in User Groups, the search box should appear under the Options button....

3/17 - NYC Half