Trailer Trash

Sandy Saturdalies—aka Gary beat the bear! (Read 20 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Looks like Sandy finished....I think.  Nice job Sandy.  My friend says that is a very beautiful course.  No run today but will do a little something tomorrow.

qotd:  what’s happening this weekend?  Chore day today,  we went to Fast Fridays last night (a30 mile drive) only to find out it’s on Saturday this week!    Pretty sure I did the same thing last year.  So we are going tonight and then tomorrow is chores and then meeting friends forcdrinks, they want to hear about my race .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Just checked, and they have him with 2 sections to go. He's 29:42 at mile 85.4.

Course profile looks pretty brutal.

DW and I had a really wet run today. No rain, but trails were swamped and many sections had water flowing down the middle of the trails. We had 4 different mid-calf creek crossings at areas where it's usually just a trickle of water or even dry.  Somewhere near 10 miles with some climbing.  Went to a new restaurant neat the AT that welcomes hikers.  Had a good burger and fries. Now I need a nap.

QOTD:  Yard / garden clean up time and I need to find a spot on our 115 year old slate roof that decided to leak. Usually a tile that slipped, but always a fun mystery trying to find out which one.  Glad I'm not afraid of heights.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea I don’t really get that tracker thingy.  

DW and I had a really wet run today. No rain, but trails were swamped and many sections had water flowing down the middle of the trails. We had 4 different mid-calf creek crossings at areas where it's usually just a trickle of water or even dry.  Somewhere near 10 miles with some climbing.  Went to a new restaurant neat the AT that welcomes hikers.  Had a good burger and fries. Now I need a nap.

QOTD:  Yard / garden clean up time and I need to find a spot on our 115 year old slate roof that decided to leak. Usually a tile that slipped, but always a fun mystery trying to find out which one.  Glad I'm not afraid of heights.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.6 on the VF multi-use trail and stopped to help two different groups with directions, one for the Mt Joy and Mt Misery trails and one to find their way back to the Visitor's Center.

qotd: Finished tracking friends at Spartathlon in Greece (bhearn whom some of you may know finished 16th), probably football today and tomorrow. Who would have believed the Bears would be in first at this point.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

5 road miles around noon. It was muggy and hard.

QOTD: Running, football, beer, book.

LB2

LB2

I had the opportunity to get a pretty good running tour of that course, and it is brutal. It is absolutely stunningly beautiful. It was snowy up high on a lot of the sections I ran, which was fun for me.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

15 this morning. Started foggy ended sunny. Was a good run.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Who's Gary?  This is the only Gary I know....

Looks like Sandy passed the last CP, so it's all downhill from there.

AT - Yikes, good luck finding that leak on the roof.  You're not afraid of heights?  I'll add you with Mandy for some trailer trash vertical adventures someday. 

Sue - Too funny!  Have fun tonight.

wc - Mr Hearn is not human.  I think I said that before.  Incredible the things he does.

Dr J - Nice run!

QOTD:  Rest day today (kinda).  Got haircut this morning.  Grabbed some groceries.  Watched Clemson squeak by Syracuse.  Changed oil in car.... I've done this more times than I can count, but I still end up with engine oil all over the place.   Long run tomorrow morning, then probably watch football (nap) the rest of the day.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

6.6 on the VF multi-use trail and stopped to help two different groups with directions, one for the Mt Joy and Mt Misery trails and one to find their way back to the Visitor's Center.

qotd: Finished tracking friends at Spartathlon in Greece (bhearn whom some of you may know finished 16th), probably football today and tomorrow. Who would have believed the Bears would be in first at this point.

Was following.  looks like Bob ran his usual well planned out race.  Quite an accomplishment.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Was following.  looks like Bob ran his usual well planned out race.  Quite an accomplishment.

Except for the 15 minutes detour when he missed a turn and went off course.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Except for the 15 minutes detour when he missed a turn and went off course.

He probably was calculating how his pace was comparing to his spreadsheets .

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Looks like he finished :-)

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Yeah Sandy, great job!

Great job Bhearn!

7 mile walk today, will start running again tomorrow. Stomach has finally settled down (food poisoning, blech).

QOTD: yard work, laundry, college football, and visiting Dad tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy is finished. If I'm reading the chart right, looks like 35:00.07 is his finish time. Wow, can't wait to hear about his long day and a half.  Way to go!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Excellent!  Congrats, Gary!!  

I went camping Friday night and then went for a 12 mile hike Saturday.  It wasn't supposed to rain until sometime during the night on Saturday, but ultimately it decided to downpour at 5:30pm and the forecast changed to on and off rain all evening/night/morning, so I packed up my wet shit and bailed and got home around 7pm Saturday.  There are plenty of moments where I'll happily sit in my tent while it rains, but being 45 minutes from home isn't one of them.  I do local stuff to be outside, not to sit in my tent and watch Netflix.  So I watched Netflix from the comfort of my dry couch last night instead.

Running is dumb.